Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know.......the gaming industry has these things called Non-Disclosure Agreements that they make people sign if they want to keep things under very tight wraps and if you do something to jeopardize that secrecy then you'll get fired. What if all LA and BioWare and EA employees with ties to a KOTOR 3 project have been made to sign a NDA? They could vehemently deny it even if it were true.

Well after seeing these concepts its obvious that they afaik at least had K3 in mind and did some early work on it. I just hope they pick this up again or all kept lying to us and then in some weeks or month perform a : "Hey, sup guys? did we mention that Kotor3 is ready?! no? oh sorry for that here it is" + "Ow BiowareMMO got renamed to KotOR MMO" ...no one can deny us some dreamin eh?:-)

First. We already know the "LA/Bioware interactive conspiracy product" is NOT Kotor. LucasArts confirmed this:

"We've announced that we're working with the developer on a project, but it has nothing to do with Knights of the Old Republic."
I was rather skeptical when I read this article by Bozon of IGN since the sub-title of the article is "LucasArts confirms MMO, but it's not Knights of the Old Republic." I know of no such confirmation of an MMO from LucasArts. Of course it wouldn't be a surprise if LucasArts is working on a new MMO but as far as I know LucasArts hasn't confirmed any MMO development apart from SWG. And I also didn't care for the fact that Bozon didn't provide a name for his source at LucasArts. All-in all fairly sloppy reporting that made me wonder if he got the quote right.

Second. EA said that "The MMO in development at BioWare Austin is listed a 'New MMO,'". I think there's little room for a speculation here.

And finally, Chris Priestly from Bioware cut off all the speculation:

I can say there is no KotOR3 from BioWare since there is no KotOR3 from BioWare.

Bioware is NOT working on Kotor 3, neither on Kotor MMORPG. And it seems that Obsidian is not either, since they're currently busy with developing Aliens RPG game, and unannounced title for Sega. Wich means Kotor 3/MMO is not being developed at this time.

Alas my hopes for KotOR 3 have been dashed once again. I don't know if I'm willing to subject myself to much more KotOR 3 torture. :indif:

And looking above, the hiddenlinks web page is no longer working. Which means, LA knows we know. Lol
Yeah, LucasArts should be quite aware of these images at this point but my guess is the hidden links web page on James Zhang's personal website were taken down by Mr. Zhang himself since all the hits those pictures were taken exceeded his site's bandwidth allocation and made it inaccessible.

my guess is the hidden links web page on James Zhang's personal website were taken down by Mr. Zhang himself since all the hits those pictures were taken exceeded his site's bandwidth allocation and made it inaccessible.

That too. Lmao

Char Ell, do you think we'll get a statement about these discoveries from LA?

I dont think they will, there has been so much rumours, conspiracy about it and they havnt made a statement yet. Bioware stated sth, and EA did but i havnt seen LA answering any question, and even the denials are written in a way that leaves allmost everything uncertain.

The denial of the IGN news for example was formulated like this "we are not _neccesarily_ making KotOR3 atm" could mean "we dont" or "we are but we dont tell you if we are".

I hope that the next GamesConvention in Leipzig will bring up some news of all the projects LA and Bioware are working on atm.

Char Ell, do you think we'll get a statement about these discoveries from LA?
No, I don't think LA will release any official statement. Maybe someone from LucasArts will make an off-hand comment in an interview but I think that is most we can expect.

Well LA has said that they werent sure in the start in what timeline TFU should be placed, or if it should be some sort of a sequel to KotOR. So it wouldnt be a surprise to me if these concepts were made for the game now known as The Force Unleashed.

I know that fact, it doesnt say anything tho as i said LA wasnt sure if they are going to make a K3 or a game in KotOR universe so it wouldnt be to surprising if JZ made concepts for sth that was back then meant for a Kotor game.

The concepts from MollyDenmark arent labeled as K3 concepts for example and its possible that they recycled some of the concepts for TFU.

If you look at Zhang's images, they appear to have a 'KotOR II' theme. I wonder if these were left over concepts for 'KotOR II', which were done in house at Lucas Arts.

Could LucasArts wanted to work on 'KotOR II' in house, so they started on a series of concepts?

Could these have been the concepts for the canceled 'KotOR III', which they started some time in 2004/2005?

I think people are jumping to conclusions too soon. I think both questions above can be argued. The female clothing for Naresha looks like it belongs to Bastila. Vargess is definitely a Czerka officer.

Another thought that came to mind is: Could this be the 'KotOR' theme, which was supposed to be used before "The Force Unleashed" was revamped?

Who knows? -- Is Darth Vader really Luke's father? Stay tuned for...

Another Star Wars MMO rumor

Possible Star Wars KOTOR MMO Evidence Surfaces

Anonymous tipster adds to the growing pile of speculation.

By Steve Watts, 03/06/2008

After BioWare and LucasArts made a deal last year to work together, the internet was ablaze with speculation about a new Star Wars MMO in the works. It makes sense considering the popularity of the Knights of the Old Republic series from BioWare and the much poorer status among fans of the non-BioWare Star Wars Galaxies. We more recently reported that the game was in fact a new MMO set in the KOTOR framework, a claim that was quickly denied by Electronic Arts.

Today, a tipster contacted 1UP with portions of a script for what was said to be a "Star Wars online" game. The script's description of the game reads:

"This is a role-playing game set in the historical past of the Star Wars universe. Jedi and Sith battle across the galaxy with the power of the Force and are joined by soldiers, politicians and nobles. Players must choose the destinies of heroes and villains in a thrilling and dangerous universe."

Historical past? Jedi and Sith battling across the galaxy? To we Star Wars nerds, that sounds quite a bit like the "Old Republic" timeline, which BioWare Senior Writer Drew Karpyshyn helped flesh out with the KOTOR series and by penning the Darth Bane novels.

The script goes on to show an exchange between the player and a character named Fuse, a naive bomb designer. The portions of the script that we received are fairly heavy with dialog, which isn't typical for an MMORPG, but it does read very much like a script to a KOTOR game. This could mean that the two projects are still separate. On the other hand, the game was described to the tipster as an MMO, and "heavy dialog" is practically BioWare's calling card.

1UP contacted LucasArts about the script pages we saw, but unsurprisingly their response was not forthcoming: ""We don't have any comment beyond what we've already announced."

This isn't quite a smoking gun blaster yet, and our contact isn't Deep Throat; but the script looked legitimate and the style and tone of it shares a lot in common with the BioWare games we already know, including the more recent (but fairly similar) Mass Effect. We'll keep you posted as more news surfaces.

Well, I can tell you guys that this LA Bioware MMORPG is definitely not KotOR III, which is great news in my book.

I think that that is great news! Hopefully KotOR III will eventually be developed. Key Word= eventually...

~Rev

Someone at my college mentioned the other day that he saw a press release confirming details of K3, however searching in searching, all I have found is conjecture and heresay.

The point is, we've all been speculating about K3 for what... almost two and a half years now; the fact that nothing concrete has yet to be released suggests that it's either going to be one of those super secret sudden releases that just seemingly happens overnight, or one that is going to be another couple of years (and I mean years, not months) in the making (*cough* Duke Nukem *cough*). I seriously can't see this being a "secret" release, because it would make a heck of a lot more sense to hype it up and monopolise on the raving lunatic star wars / kotor fans than to quietly slip the game in the back door.

Just my two cents (First post in almost a year ^_^).

Archived