Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

Realistically, they're the only things I think we can expect.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is about Force Unleashed either being an aforementioned PC release, or the actual release date (which, correct me if im wrong, we dont know yet).

Or, like I said, a game that ties in with the Clone Wars movie - I think that this could be highly likely, personally.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, we'll just have to keep waiting and find out. Maybe, this can be confirmed through the announcement that's due April 6th on GameTrailers TV...Assuming the anouncement is about K3, that is.

Probably not. The announcement will happen on Spike TV, not GTTV (the show on GTTV is on April 11th) and starwars.com has announced that between the Star Wars movies that will air on Spike TV, new TFU footage will be shown and more. There's always a chance, though. :)

Probably not. The announcement will happen on Spike TV, not GTTV (the show on GTTV is on April 11th) and starwars.com has announced that between the Star Wars movies that will air on Spike TV, new TFU footage will be shown and more. There's always a chance, though. :)

I personally don't think there is a "KotOR III" in production. I think some of their great announcements will be based upon SW: Gallaxies, SW: Lego Saga, Indiana Jones Lego, Force Unleashed. "KotOR III" will not make it into the list.

I think some of their great announcements will be based upon SW: Gallaxies, SW: Lego Saga, Indiana Jones Lego, Force Unleashed. "KotOR III" will not make it into the list.

Judging from the "announcement" they made last night, I doubt we'll get even that.

What was the announcement, you ask? They announced that you get to play one level of TFU as Vader. Yup, that was their big announcement, which isn't even new (they said as much in an article about a month back).

Next they're going to tell us that Yoda is going to appear in an episode of The Clone Wars. :p

Judging from the "announcement" they made last night, I doubt we'll get even that.

What was the announcement, you ask? They announced that you get to play one level of TFU as Vader. Yup, that was their big announcement, which isn't even new (they said as much in an article about a month back).

Next they're going to tell us that Yoda is going to appear in an episode of The Clone Wars. :p

Yeah, I've read about it. LucasArts keeps surprising, but in a bad way. Remember their big game announcements on Celebration IV? :p

I think people are forgetting that Lucas Arts didn't make the announcement last night - a gaming show did. Remember, just because it's written somewhere else, doesn't mean that everyone has heard it - to some people that might actually be news.

I think people are forgetting that Lucas Arts didn't make the announcement last night - a gaming show did. Remember, just because it's written somewhere else, doesn't mean that everyone has heard it - to some people that might actually be news.

You're right, it wasn't LA.

But still, it was deceptive on Mr Keighley's part.. Something that LA has already announced does not qualify as "a big Star Wars videogame announcement", especially not something so small.

"But the best part is that our April 11 episode also has a bunch of other HUGE exclusives in it."

I actually was planning to watch, but now I'm not going to out of spite. :p

OK, so the big announcement turned out to be hot air, Spike TV is running the movies through all of April, we may hear something about whatever LucasArts and Bioware are working on now. I think they would be foolish if they dropped the KOTOR games all together, a KOTOR3 would be a cash cow, and they know that. I think you can count on it coming to fruition, but it may still be a couple years off in the future. There's been a lot of changes for Bioware (who in my best guesstimation will create K3) of the kind that can stall and even cease production on current projects. I think now that the dust is settling on all the merging and acquiring, they'll focus back on a K3 project.

Blast! Fell victim to the marketing hype yet again!!! When will I ever learn? :giveup::xp:

I think the next possibility to get a new SW game announcement will be in July. If LA doesn't have any new SW games they want to announce sometime before or during E3 then I think there is a pretty good chance that TFU will be the only SW game for 2008. I just keep wondering when LA will announce what game Free Radical is working on. All the rumors point to them making SW:BF3 but whatever the game is it has been in development and under wraps for a looong time so it should be getting to the point where they're going to officially announce what the game is. Seems like they could announce that around E3 or shortly after TFU's release.

I'm sorry to say that I don't expect we'll get a KotOR announcement this year. :cry6:

Purely for the "grace" or "respect".

I still do not get this logic. If I can make a sequal to obtain a profit, I say to hell with waiting for a fan based mod. Waiting for a fan group to complete a damaged sequal is illogical. Respect?!? I still do not get this logic. Why would a publisher respect a fan based mod? What!?

There could be a modding problem in another sense. Maybe they are holding back on production, so they can find ways to prevent fan modding. Who knows? If you have been following the current LA games, they require great amounts of work to mod.

Another possible reason why "KorOR 3" has not been anounced is that its not in production. Maybe the story state of "KotOR II" is so damaged that it prevents continuality to occur. Who knows?

Or, they have plans on changing the purpose behind the 'cut content', so it can appear in the third game. As a result of brainstorming, they are taking their time in creating a convincable story. Who knows?

I still do not get this logic. If I can make a sequal to obtain a profit, I say to hell with waiting for a fan based mod. Waiting for a fan group to complete a damaged sequal is illogical. Respect?!? I still do not get this logic. Why would a publisher respect a fan based mod? What!?

There could be a modding problem in another sense. Maybe they are holding back on production, so they can find ways to prevent fan modding. Who knows? If you have been following the current LA games, they require great amounts of work to mod.

Another possible reason why "KorOR 3" has not been anounced is that its not in production. Maybe the story state of "KotOR II" is so damaged that it prevents continuality to occur. Who knows?

Or, they have plans on changing the purpose behind the 'cut content', so it can appear in the third game. As a result of brainstorming, they are taking their time in creating a convincable story. Who knows?

Ahhem! like i said just a thought.

Its all subjective. I personally didn't like the story arch of "KotOR II". Who really knows what is holding up the process for another "KotOR". When ever -or- If they ever decide to make a "KotOR III", LA will have advertising everywhere. I don't think we will get news from an external source.

Personally, I wouldn't expect any K3 announcement (or even development process being started) until at least copule of months after The Force Unleashed is released. LA acts like it's their most important game ever and surely wouldn't want to distract public's attention from it.

Personally, I wouldn't expect any K3 announcement (or even development process being started) until at least copule of months after The Force Unleashed is released. LA acts like it's their most important game ever and surely wouldn't want to distract public's attention from it.

That could be a possibility. Sometimes game companies come up with a revolutionary idea, which they believe will change how people play games. I agree with this possibility. ;)

They'll wait until after the TSLRP is released; before people start going on about how it's a fan mod, it's RESTORED CONTENT. It's not non-canon, it's completely canon to the storyline, and will make their lives a heck of a lot easier upon the third game's release.

Lol... Wow! Uh...

They are ONLY a fan based modding team. Anything they restore on their own is not considered official canon. George Lucas and Lucas Arts ONLY have the rights to make something canon. Unless Lucas Arts comes out and says, "Why yes, they are an official group. What they are doing is considered official canon.", their work is only fan-fiction. Period.

That could be a possibility. Sometimes game companies come up with a revolutionary idea, which they believe will change how people play games. I agree with this possibility. ;)

I don't think it's about anything revolutionary. Sure, the combination of Havok, Euphoria and DMM could bring sth new to the gaming, but it won't be anything really major.

IMO it's all about exploring (read: milking till it's dry) the time period between Epidose 3 and 4. Don't forget there's a TV series placed in this specific time frame coming in 2009/2010. TFU is a part of a big multimedia campaign that involves books, comics and TFU. All of this will create a great "base" for a previously mentioned TV series. It's prolly directly connected with George Lucas and his current little obsession with the time between Eps 3 & 4.

Obsidian recently hired Matthew Rorie as their official PR Manager. Matthew already registered on Obsidian's official forums and promised to answer some questions about Obsidian and their projects. Of course I asked him immediately about Kotor 3 and here's the answer I got:

All I can say is that any other projects aside from Alpha Protocol and Aliens are probably in the "years away" category at this point. Sorry! My lips are sealed.

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=49618

So, should we be happy or not? I don't want to get my hopes up, but at the same time I can't get rid of the feeling that his answer means "K3 development has been started, though it's years away from the release". Well, for me even a confirmation that K3 is being produced would be enough, considering that for the last couple of years we didn't get even that. What do you think?

Obsidian recently hired Matthew Rorie as their official PR Manager. Matthew already registered on Obsidian's official forums and promised to answer some questions about Obsidian and their projects. Of course I asked him immediately about Kotor 3 and here's the answer I got:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=49618

So, should we be happy or not? I don't want to get my hopes up, but at the same time I can't get rid of the feeling that his answer means "K3 development has been started, though it's years away from the release". Well, for me even a confirmation that K3 is being produced would be enough, considering that for the last couple of years we didn't get even that. What do you think?

I have never heard of a gaming company hiring a person for public relations. I don't know if it is custome for game companies to hire such a person. Who knows? When it comes to the comment made, I think it is very politcal in nature. Let me quickly explain: If Obsidian came out and said, "At the current moment, we do not have anything planned for "KotOR III". People may loss intrest in the company. Instead of answering the question dead on, the comment is made to create a sense of speculation that will keep you going to their site and such.

With that being said, I would just ignore the new guy's comments. He has nothing valuable to say in which relates to LucasArts themselves. If you want to know more about the "KotOR" series, I would wait and see what LucasArts has to say about the issue. LucasArts is the sole owner and only company in which is essential to everything Star Wars. When it comes to anything Star Wars, Obsidian is not important to the overall existance of the "KotOR" series.

Since they did hire a public relations person, I would say ignore Obsidian and wait for LucasArts. Public relations people are employed to keep people intrested in a company's product. If you ignore him enough, he will just go away.

Archived