Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

JediMasterJambi wrote:

On a side note...

Game Informers Top Ten Sequels In Demand:

1-Star Wars: Knights of the old republic

2-Shadowrun

3-System Shock

4-Jedi Knight

5-X-Com

6-Punch-Out!!

7-Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

8-Chrono series

9-Diablo

10-Crimson Skies

Strange...Jedi Knight is revived by The Force Unleashed (from a certain point), Diablo 3 has been announced and System Shock already has been remade with Bioshock. Looks like the developers give the people what they want. Might be coincidence though.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I apologize in advance if this has been mentioned before, but this is a long thread.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/02/27/rumor-kotor-iii-concept-art/

First post

It could be very well be KotOR 3 concept art. The artwork was found in a folder called KotOR 3, according to the article. Still the images are dated 2004 so that's odd.

Also, this is just me speculating, but the guy with blue eyes looks similar to the guy in the KotOR commercial.

It's only a rumour that the guy on the commercial is Revan. But its wierd how they look similar.(well to me they do)

First post

It could be very well be KotOR 3 concept art. The artwork was found in a folder called KotOR 3, according to the article. Still the images are dated 2004 so that's odd.

Yeah, I find it hard to believe there was concept art for K3 when TSL wasn't even released yet.

I guess it COULD have been worked on right after K1 got out, and Obsidian did their thing, but I'm just not buyin' it.

Welcome to the forums! :)

Im not buying it either. That link to the hidden folder didnt work. So they could have just made the art. Or the artist could have seen his mistake and deleted it.

EDIT: E3 is on July 15th, LA is there so im praying for a KOTOR 3 announcement.

Im not buying it either. That link to the hidden folder didnt work. So they could have just made the art. Or the artist could have seen his mistake and deleted it.

I'll be ready for the Master Flurry of posts about a possible announcement. Before and after E3.

Surprise us LA.

Lots of people are holding on to a thread with E3...not sure how many more K3 faithfuls there will be if there isn't an announcement. Obviously LA doesn't HAVE to announce anything at E3, but it probably would be a good time. :)

I think the artist took down the folder once it spread. I'm not sure though.

Same here. A KotOR 3 announcement at E3 would be awesome.

I think the artist took down the folder once it spread. I'm not sure though.

Same here. A KotOR 3 announcement at E3 would be awesome.

Yea well there was no images folder though either. It said Images/hidden/kotor3/art

youd think hed just delete hidden. But anyway...WELCOME TO LF you will love it here

Ive lost my hope of a KOTOR3 announcement then gained them back. I found a thread on google saying LA had withdrawn then another saying LA responded they had definitely not.

Some spokesperson for LA or somebody within LA said they would "not leave the franchise behind" or some similar statement. So I guess we'll have to take their word for it.

Some spokesperson for LA or somebody within LA said they would "not leave the franchise behind" or some similar statement. So I guess we'll have to take their word for it.

Yea he said the same for Battlefront and now: renegade squadren

• 2 weeks later...

3500 years before Vader? I'm guessing that means we won't get an official ending to the original story and be forced to read some text in a holocron or something about what happened to Revan and the Exile.

Thanks for that though...assuming it can all be confirmed by someone more reliable than a guy with 50 posts on a forum.

Until it's confirmed, it's still all speculation. Since LA isn't announcing anything new at E3 this year, it could be awhile.

Edit: Here is the direct link concering some of the rumored features if you're too lazy to go through the link Jaypee posted: http://www.ahazi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10846

Some "features" that stuck out when I read:

"Setting: 3500 years before Vader (That would be a few hundred years after TSL)

Functional Light side/ Dark side- npcs and others remember what you do and their reactions change accordingly.

Legacy system. When you reach top level, apparently you have the option of producing an offspring with special bonus traits and starting over...or something to that effect.

No more miles of reading text. Events happen in game with full voice overs. Sounds damn impossible if you ask me."

Until it's confirmed, it's still all speculation. Since LA isn't announcing anything new at E3 this year, it could be awhile.

Edit: Here is the direct link concering some of the rumored features if you're too lazy to go through the link Jaypee posted: http://www.ahazi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10846

Some "features" that stuck out when I read:

"Setting: 3500 years before Vader (That would be a few hundred years after TSL)

Functional Light side/ Dark side- npcs and others remember what you do and their reactions change accordingly.

Legacy system. When you reach top level, apparently you have the option of producing an offspring with special bonus traits and starting over...or something to that effect.

No more miles of reading text. Events happen in game with full voice overs. Sounds damn impossible if you ask me."

The most interesting part of this messege is the time it was posted. Look carefully: 07-21-2007. That guy new the title of the MMO a YEAR ago. Yeah, there's no official confirmation yet. But it's 100% sure now. Nobody needs an official confirmation anymore.

(KO)TOR MMO is coming.

Ehm. Sorry to break your game, but I suppose when millions of dollars are at stake and you (as company) killed a game which costed aformentioned money (Galaxies), I'd give out a survey on a possible succesor as well.

Since it's 2007, it falls together with the rumours. The 'rumours of a possible Kotor 3 being made'. We haven't seen a single screen, trailer or proof. Not from the developers. A little list of questions from Lucasarts on a project that could cost them millions of dollars isn't proof. It's a logical move.

I didn't even notice the date...it was linked with the patent info so I didn't think about the date at all. Good catch.

Even though it's a year old, the fact that the survey questions were about what they were kinda convince me it's an MMO...and now the fact that they patented some new names THAT HE MENTIONS (Old Republic) also convinces me. Although I guess it could still be about anything until there's some official announcements.

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/LFL_Goes_A_Trademarking_115981.asp

Looks like the KOTOR MMO is real and will be called "The Old Republic" since it will have classes like Smuggler and Bounty Hunter taking away the knight part which usually equals all Jedi.

if that really is true then.... *deep breath*

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****!!!

*deep breath* ok...i'm ok...maybe...

Archived