Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

Depression sets in… It may be a great gaming experience, I’ll hold off judgment until we know more, but it is not the KOTOR III I was looking forward to.
Yep. I feel like my dog was just rushed to the hospital*

*does not actually own a dog.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep. I feel like my dog was just rushed to the hospital*

*does not actually own a dog.

Poor puppy. I knew it couldn't take the excitment of the news that KOTOR is going to be an MMO!!! Can we say BEST MMO OF ALL TIME folks? :)

MMO, I just don't want it. At all. They could have focused their time and effort into making it single player, but no. It's all about the fricking money nowadays. Flashy graphics make young players get it. MMO, you roll in the cash. And about the MMO "component" thing, do you acctually thing somebody is gonna make an mmo AND a singleplayer game and roll it into one. My fricking ass, it ain't gonna happen.

*Chuckle* If you used any intelligence you would've realised that by using the words dedicated forum, I meant about the MMO, why would fans of the SP KotOR games that hate the idea of a KotOR MMO go to a forum dedicated to the KotOR MMO?

i'm doing this, watching E3 Live, and eating lunch....i'm not paying THAT much attention.:D

We have a 'no comment' from LucasArts:

It's not a 'no'.

Edit: Contacting BioWare...

Well, you didn't expect more right? The news has just surfaced. They need some time to contact EA and BioWare and decide what to do know since the marketing plan is ruined (and what kind of punishment CEO deserves). ;)

Straight-up KotOR MMO has potential...I'm not into MMOs and I strongly doubt I'd get involved with a KotOR one due to pre-existing addictive gaming tendencies ^^

BUT. A single-player KotOR that allows you to take your character into an MMO version of the world after you complete the game? Genius or madness. Or both. Or Sparta!

Unfortunately, we don't live in an ideal world where all my dreams come true, so I'll hedge my bets and just remain cynical and jaded for the time being.

The CEO should learn to keep his mouth shut instead of boasting.

But at least now we got full confirmation that the Old Republic MMO is set in the KOTOR universe, therefore the KOTOR series will in fact be ruined. I guess the last thing is how exactly the MMORPG "element" of the game will dominate. It could very well be possible that there is a 'tutorial' SP game, where you battle the True Sith with Revan and Exile, and the 'aftermath' MMORPG game where you reconstruct the Jedi Order after battling the True Sith. Following in the tradition of Age of Conan...so it might be an innovation Bioware is willing to steal. Hey, it could work. Or it could be me grasping at straws.

But yes. KOTOR MMO is dead to me. So I should start writing that "KOTOR3" storyline thread sooner or later.

Straight-up KotOR MMO has potential...I'm not into MMOs and I strongly doubt I'd get involved with a KotOR one due to pre-existing addictive gaming tendencies ^^

BUT. A single-player KotOR that allows you to take your character into an MMO version of the world after you complete the game? Genius or madness. Or both. Or Sparta!

Unfortunately, we don't live in an ideal world where all my dreams come true, so I'll hedge my bets and just remain cynical and jaded for the time being.

too bad we're not haruhi, lolz

I'd be fine with this if it has an sprpg that actually finishes the story, but that looks unlikely...

I find it fascinating how this stuff happens sometimes. Assuming that N. Evan Van Zelfden from CONDÉ NAST PORTFOLIO got the quote right then I've got to wonder what former-EA LA exec-turned-LucasArts president Darrell Rodriguez is thinking about his former boss right now. :smirk2:

Based on the recent news about newly registered Lucasfilm trademarks though I don't think this MMORPG is going to be positioned as Knights of the Old Republic. I think BioWare and LA are going to do something different in the Old Republic era that will only be somewhat related to the KotOR games we've played thus far.

First of all the rumour may not even be true and second of all you people complaining that it will ruin KoToR have not played this unannounced game nor do you know anything about the game yet. Hold your opinions until you actually have something to base it on. The game for all you know could turn out to be all you could have hoped for. Bioware must have made 1 good game to you since your on this forum, give them a chance with this and see how it plays out.

I have a decent (in my opinion) thory of how kotor 3 can work, you start by customizing your pc, (nothing new....) and after you do that it goes to a cutscene of the ebon hawk crashing on an unknown planet. Then it lets you play as revan in his neutral robes, as revan you go to the crash site to find the exile, you two are in a party for a while and you encounter a 'true sith' he turns out to be really strong and takes you two out with a steroid effected 'force storm' then it cuts to black and you awaken as your character, a jedi at an academy (hopefully on courecant) and ask your master about your vision, you then set out on a hopelessly time consuming mission to find revan and the exile while encountering many characters from k1 and 2 and you can select a few to tale with you, (like the deciple and the handmaiden in k2) eventually you find them beyond the rim, and team up to take down the sith badass. Of course, you need a feaseable reason to go to a bunch of planets (ei star maps k1 and jedi masters k2) I'm thinking some sort of item of revan's or former followers of his or something like that. Oh, and obviously the exile has to be in some sort of gender neutral clothing also (at least until you decide what each are in the game m/f ls/ds) so that's my idea. Criticize if you feel to.

Archived