Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

Mass Effect was announced as a trilogy from day 1.

From Wikipedia, "In addition to plans for two sequels to complete a trilogy, BioWare plans to release episodic content via Xbox Live to fill in the story between each game, though these episodes are not essential for understanding the main plot line.[12] The first of these downloadable content packages was released on March 10, 2008 for the Xbox 360 only. A PC edition of this additional content is still undergoing bug fixing and will be released as soon as possible.[13]"

As such, I don't see why they would say "new next gen game" and not Mass Effect 2, if they said it was coming.

500 isn't enough, trust me. :p

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Pretty exciting, huh? I'm looking forward to the next chapter. My point is though, we already know the games are in development. Check the Bioware forums, discussions are abound already. :lol:

Halo CE wasn't an MMO. It's different. There's a TON of assets required to make an MMO. Need a LOT of developers to do that.

Well then, what that tells me is that the mmo is indeed a kotor game, firstly read the link ^ again and read between the lines it will sink in.

He's basically saying

"no, there is no kotor 3 in development, but we are working on an mmo"

hint, hint, if the mmo wasnt anything to do with kotor why mention it in the same sentence ? its like he wants us to know but isn't allowed to tell us.

I HATE BEING RIGHT , AHHEMM! COUGH COUGH, HA!

If you're willing to spin Mr. Priestly's statement in whatever way fits your whim then there isn't much I can do about that. :indif:

If you want to understand the full context of the quote though then I recommend you read the thread I linked to up until Mr. Priestly's statement. It seems fairly plain to me that he is again confirming that BioWare is not making KotOR 3. I'm not sure how one can logically draw a conclusion that because BioWare is not making KotOR 3 then they must be making a KotOR MMORPG.[/QUOTe]

ooops looks like iam right MR CHAR ELL, so then, looks like your straight forward logical, assertive, robotic, arrogant reply means nowt.

I HATE BEING RIGHT , AHHEMM! COUGH COUGH, HA!

ooops looks like iam right MR CHAR ELL, so then, looks like your straight forward logical, assertive, robotic, arrogant reply means nowt.

just because you happened to be right does not mean the logic you used to arrive at that conclusion was, lol

^ No kidding. I've never witnessed a grown man gloat so much about a prediction. Not impressed, big guy.

By the way, that article Sala posted is a real good read for anyone who's looking for some info on Bioware's approach to this MMO. :thumbsup:

ok ummmm Hi ppl, ok ya down to the biz.

ok the other day my cousin and I were on some Lucas site (i forgot the name,but i shall inform once i kno) and it said that they are halting the process of KOTOR 3 because they cant think up new characters and attcks/powers. They dont want to have the same powers and attcks in the 3rd game though they are stilling keeping SOME awsome powers/attcks, though i do not know what they are.

And a spoiler to give out is that the Exile shall be in the game but is slightly older looking to give reference to time but the exile is created by you but u aint the exile but someone else...(i dont kno) but the exile is in yer party.

I just thought this info would help this cause on the future thoughts of you powerful ppl.lol

I shall find the link to this site and inform u all immediatly

like i saidi dont know the site that well my cuz was on it....i came to see...

but i just thought this is useful, but when i know the site well i shall inform all of you if its a fake or not....but im like you on this....its hard to think its true if alot of main members on here havent heard of it.

Hmm, it actually doesn't sound half bad (for an MMO), though I'm a little upset that BioWare seems to have started working on the (KO)TOR MMO around the same time that LucasArts laid off the K3 team. :disaprove

hmm, nice catch, i didn't notice that

for all their promises about how it'll be far more story oriented than other MMOs, i still can't really see how they can deliver a definitive epic finale with something as broad and vague as an MMO...i mean if everyone does story quests to "finish the story", you don't have any concrete characters in that story...:confused:

hmm, nice catch, i didn't notice that

for all their promises about how it'll be far more story oriented than other MMOs, i still can't really see how they can deliver a definitive epic finale with something as broad and vague as an MMO...i mean if everyone does story quests to "finish the story", you don't have any concrete characters in that story...:confused:

I also noticed that timing, the MMO started within months of the end of the internal project. But according to Obsidian, they were talking to LucasArts a YEAR after that about making Knights 3. So don't lose hope. :thumbsup:

@ Darca Lar - I saw the X-Play episode, they were recapping the same story from E3, it wasn't a second confirmation. What we really need at this point is for LucasArts, the guys who have been talking the least about this project, to come out and make an announcement.

I also noticed that timing, the MMO started within months of the end of the internal project. But according to Obsidian, they were talking to LucasArts a YEAR after that about making Knights 3. So don't lose hope. :thumbsup:

That gives me at least a little hope for a SPRPG by O.E..

^ Yeah, Obsidian has their hands full at the moment. They're only a fifth the size of Bioware, so I can't imagine that they could be working on it just yet. But we haven't heard anything since then, LA has shut up big time about shopping around K3. So either they agreed that Obsidian will make K3, or somebody else already is.

yeah, hopefully

what's obsidian up to anyway? i know they're doing the Storm of Zehir expansion pack for NWN2, Alpha Protocol, and that Alien RPG. I'm pretty sure Zehir is almost done, but AP and Aliens are still early in development, right?

Even if Obsidian does get the rights to dev K3, they won't have the available manpower to make it for a while.

Keep in mind, Obsidian is only 135 employees strong... Three projects is about as much as a company that size can manage. It's why I've been saying stuff like 'they'll put K3 on their to do list'. Personally I'm a fan of that idea! :p

yeah, three sounds like a lot to me considering their size, even if one is just an expansion. I wonder though, if the team behind the NWN2 x-pack will join up with the other teams for their projects, or if they'll start the documenting for the next Obsidian project. If they do that, well who knows what they might work on...:naughty:

Archived