Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

strange it words for me but ill just copy/paste the important parts

“We’ve got two of the most compelling MMOs in the industry in development,” said Riccitiello. The first title, based on the Warhammer property, will launch soon. “And the one that people are dying for us to talk to them about — in partnership with Lucas, coming out of BioWare, which is, I think, quite possibly the most anticipated game, full stop, for the industry at the point when we get closer to telling you about it.”

Does Riccitiello mean the oft rumored Knights of the Old Republic Online? “Yes,” he said

Obsidian's "RTS" thing is a typo. So, Obsidian is working on an unannounced RPG title.

You guys are kind of all over the place with this thread.

I confirmed with our HR Manager, Jim Rivers, that the 'RTS' is indeed a typo. It should have read 'RPG'.

Also, I never said KOTOR2 sold as much as Oblivion. I said that it has sold between 1.5 and 2 million copies.

I have no idea what Oblivion sold, but I bet it was a lot.

As far as an Aliens RPG is concerned, there are a lot more RPG elements in that movie than you would think.

There are really only 3 action scenes in the whole movie:

The First Encounter.

The Aliens invade Medical.

The Queen Fight.

Everything else was dialog, character interaction, character development, and environment interaction. Vasquez and Drake, Vasques VERSUS Gordon, Ripley and Hicks, Ripley and Newt, Apone and the Squad, Ripley and Bishop, and much more. Hell, you could even argue that there was BASE development when the marines took over Medical and fortified the area.

If you count the novels and the rest of the 'canon' source material, there is a gold mine of information to work with, and J.E. Sawyer has really done his homework.

I know people are skeptical of movie licensing in games, but this isn't the Aliens Movie Game. It is an RPG set in the Aliens Universe that happens to chronologically take place after Aliens and before Aliens 3.

MMO, massive multi-player online, i know that much, like what, galaxy's ? world of war craft ? are these "mmo's" can someone enlighten me please.

if so then they we might have a character naming problem ie, revan3492, re_VAN162, R-eva-N101, Know what i mean.

yes they are mmos and there both pretty good

KotOR I only beats KotOR II BECAUSE of the bugs and rushed development. K2 had the potential to slaughter the original (no small feat).:D

thank u

kotor 2 gave u more power to decide the fate of the galaxy

Yes... It's all just part of the plan. Remember what what I said now, guys. Obisidian getting ready for a new RPG... the same Obsidian that was talking to LA specifically about making K3 the other year... I'm interested.

Obsidian's a small company, so, they'll need to be hiring big time to get going on this new project.

Definately going to be keeping an eye on this...

Take this: http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/static/EkEyAuEpuFqAIFcKnF.php

With this: http://www.joystiq.com/2006/03/31/obsidians-urquhart-happy-thoughts-on-kotor-3/

And pay close attention to the dates (second interview is after Alpha Protocol announcement and after KOTOR MMO work started), and you have some real possibilities. :D

Yes... It's all just part of the plan. Remember what what I said now, guys. Obisidian getting ready for a new RPG... the same Obsidian that was talking to LA specifically about making K3 the other year... I'm interested.

Obsidian's a small company, so, they'll need to be hiring big time to get going on this new project.

You said it, small company. With so many other and even better options around, why bother with OE? And I really can't see a Kotor MMO and another SP being developed, much less released, at the same time.

Allegedly this mmo will be much more story-oriented than any other. Let's see if that even ends up being possible, lol...

Pfff. How?

You said it, small company. With so many other and even better options around, why bother with OE?

Because they made the last one. Don't ask me though, it seems to be LA's idea.

And I really can't see a Kotor MMO and another SP being developed, much less released, at the same time.

Why not? Tell me more! :xp:

By the way - Anyone know the 411 with Obsidian Entertainment's Project New Jersey? It isn't anything to do with NWN, Aliens or Alpha. The Obsidian wiki said it was cancelled, but had no citation... and a lot of the folks on Obsidian forums have been saying the project is still healthy. Ign and Gamespot seem to associate it with Knights 3 because the project started a few months after the Obsidian/LA talks.

Archived