Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Oh, I see what you're saying. The games would have to be distinct enough (and appealing in their own way) to attract players to play both. But don't you think that the MMO would be targeted towards MMO gamers as opposed to us RP knights fans? There doesn't seem to be overwhelming enthusiasm for a Knights MMO among the die-hard fanbase... so surely this game isn't really marketed towards us.

A k3 rpg would cater to the console gamers, mainstream star wars gamers, rpg/adventure gamers. There'd be a substantial market for both games.

Hmm, before I take my case any furher now, I'm gonna go do some more research.. make sure I have all my facts straight.

But don't you think that the MMO would be targeted towards MMO gamers as opposed to us RP knights fans? There doesn't seem to be overwhelming enthusiasm for a Knights MMO among the die-hard fanbase... so surely this game isn't really marketed towards us.

Errmm, not to sound cynical or anything, but there has been no marketing, how can the game not be marketed towards 'us', when no details of the game have been released, no marketing has commenced. Tell me how the game is being marketed towards MMO gamers when there hasn't even been one screenshot, or trailer, or even a press release?...

Ohhh and if you know where to look, yes, you can actually find overwhelming responses regarding the MMO. ;)

^ Oh, I see what you're saying. The games would have to be distinct enough (and appealing in their own way) to attract players to play both. But don't you think that the MMO would be targeted towards MMO gamers as opposed to us RP knights fans?

Not really. Methinks LA expects even (and, why not, especially) the die-hard fans to join their MMO. I'll take myself as an example: if there isn't a SP KotOR game in sight, I'd probably risk my neck and wallet at the MMO. If, however, they announce another numbered SP game of the franchise, I wouldn't touch the MMO with a ten-feet pole.

If, however, they announce another numbered SP game of the franchise, I wouldn't touch the MMO with a ten-feet pole.

Ah! Don't let them hear you say that! :lol:

Really though, no arguments there. I'll at least consider getting the MMO if the fees are reasonable enough (say, no more than $40 a year). But if K3 comes around, forgetaboutit.

You said it, small company. With so many other and even better options around, why bother with OE? And I really can't see a Kotor MMO and another SP being developed, much less released, at the same time.

Pfff. How?

Better Options you must be joking. If K3 is being done I hope that Chris Avellone is the writer and Josh Sawyer is the project lead. The only down side to this is Chris doesn't like to write romances. While I like David Gaider (Lead Writer @ Bioware) he doesn't hold a candle to Chris.

^ Yeah, but Chris is a smart, professional guy. If he needs to write a romance, I'm sure he's capable of going to town with it, even he doesn't enjoy writing it as much. I'm a 3d modeler who prefers Maya to Studio Max, but I can use both (I love analogies :D ).

^ Yeah, but Chris is a smart, professional guy. If he needs to write a romance, I'm sure he's capable of going to town with it, even he doesn't enjoy writing it as much. I'm a 3d modeler who prefers Maya to Studio Max, but I can use both (I love analogies :D ).

While I wasn't thrilled with the Male Revan Bastila romance it was better then the "romances" in K2.

Better Options you must be joking. If K3 is being done I hope that Chris Avellone is the writer and Josh Sawyer is the project lead. The only down side to this is Chris doesn't like to write romances. While I like David Gaider (Lead Writer @ Bioware) he doesn't hold a candle to Chris.

While I didn't like the direction Avellone took on K2, I think I should consider the risks that, with another shift on the writer, the story may suffer even more. Chris would be acceptable, the rest of the coompany wouldn't, however.

Errmm, not to sound cynical or anything, but there has been no marketing, how can the game not be marketed towards 'us', when no details of the game have been released, no marketing has commenced. Tell me how the game is being marketed towards MMO gamers when there hasn't even been one screenshot, or trailer, or even a press release?...

Ohhh and if you know where to look, yes, you can actually find overwhelming responses regarding the MMO. ;)

obviously it's not being marketed now, lol

but you have to admit whatever marketing they choose, this won't fly all that well with the more mainstream non-MMO gamers. Anyone who's even interested will be wary since SWG crashed so badly...

While I wasn't thrilled with the Male Revan Bastila romance it was better then the "romances" in K2.

Aww, I love bassie. She was cute, that romance plot always helped lift the mood if you did it right, teasing her all the time. You need stuff like that to keep the plot from getting opressive.

What I didn't like about Knights 1 was the cookie-cutter bad guys. Saul had some depth, but Malak and Bandon were pretty annoying. First time I played through I didn't even realize I had fought and killed Bandon until the end of the game because he had no depth or personality and nothing that made him even look different from other sith bosses.

Malak was, franky, obnoxious. You were never once intimidated by him, he just pissed you off and harassed you like a school-yard bully. Lame.

TSL's sith were amazing. Each one had a personality, a story (where necessary), personal goals and motivations and all three were very intimidating.

Malak had a story, but basically he WAS a school-yard bully...and with that bullies have a posse because they need to mask their own weakness. That's why he tried to kill Revan by having his ship firing at Revan's.

The thing about TSL is that the story ended like something you'd see on Sopranos, which is probably why so many say they like K1 much better. It had an ending and it satisfied the players.

I do think K1 had some faults that K2 fixed, but I'd rather not think about which one I liked or didn't, I'd rather think about the things the developers could do to fix any faults from K2.

obviously it's not being marketed now, lol

but you have to admit whatever marketing they choose, this won't fly all that well with the more mainstream non-MMO gamers. Anyone who's even interested will be wary since SWG crashed so badly...

Actually, as there hasn't been any marketing yet, they might go about it completely differently than people are thinking, I always say, never assume. Don't be so smart mouthed next time, I was only stating fact. ;)

Actually, as there hasn't been any marketing yet, they might go about it completely differently than people are thinking, I always say, never assume. Don't be so smart mouthed next time, I was only stating fact. ;)

you said they weren't marketing it now, and i gave the (obvious) answer. Why would they market when they haven't even officially announced it?

Archived