Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

How do we know this? :confused:

HK-47 is featured on LucasArts official website, as well as on a concept art on the background behind BW and LA reps in the video interview about ToR you can see on GameSpot. In the same video, there is also T3 visible standing next to the female Jedi (though only a part of him is visible but it's clear that's him, representing good faction with the Jedi while HK represents evil faction standing next to the Sith). Goto (or at least his model) is featured on the swtor.com main page. It may not be him, but given the fact that 2 other droids make a comeback, I think it's safe to assume we will see Goto. Besides, BW reps already stated various of times that some characters that are able to live for hundreds of years (= droid) will return.

EDIT: Made a screenshot:

droidsum4.jpg

Goto's model is different, looks like the portrait of him (here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:G0T0-NEGD.jpg) from the New Essantial Guide for Droids

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, my imperceptive friend. By the time they are completely done with TOR, it will be out of date. Hence since they have a formula for a successful game, it is logical that they will make another one along the same lines. Changing gears back to a Single Player RPG, which will probably have a smaller audience, would be illogical. There is a 00.01% chance that they will make a Kotor III. See? I can make opinion statements and pass them off like a mathematical fact, too. So perhaps it is you, who has the dumbest responses on the MMO debate.

Look, I don't enjoy being a jerk. So perhaps we could both cut it out?

LOL, there must be some part of my post you don't understand. Why would they make a successful MMO, and then make another one after it's completion? Does any part of that statement not sound dumb?! I'd also like to know as to where you got the idea that the MMO will be "out of date" once it's "completely done". You seem to be on a roll with the responses as of late.

Ohhh and another thing, don't make out that I'm being all defensive regarding K3, I personally don't think they will make it either, the MMO will most likely be the last KotOR game ever made, my point is there is a far likelier chance that they will make K3 than a 2nd MMO, if not, well, that's just plain and simple, bad business.

Mostly because it would help cement the common view of Revan, the Exile, and their companions (obviously except for Goto and Kreia because they suck) being invincible and infinitely awesome.

Other reasons include because if it ever did happen, chances are Revan and the Exile's parties would take few or no casualties, and that would be lame. In other words, if they ever did detail Revan's expedition into the Unknown Regions, they probably wouldn't do it right.

Mostly because it would help cement the common view of Revan, the Exile, and their companions (obviously except for Goto and Kreia because they suck) being invincible and infinitely awesome.

Other reasons include because if it ever did happen, chances are Revan and the Exile's parties would take few or no casualties, and that would be lame. In other words, if they ever did detail Revan's expedition into the Unknown Regions, they probably wouldn't do it right.

Kreia... suck?! Blasphemy! :xp: (or it was a sarcasm?)

But I see your point and agree that it would be hard to execute K3 properly. Though given what Obsidian did with K2, I have (had) faith they would manage to do it right.

LOL, there must be some part of my post you don't understand. Why would they make a successful MMO, and then make another one after it's completion? Does any part of that statement not sound dumb?! I'd also like to know as to where you got the idea that the MMO will be "out of date" once it's "completely done". You seem to be on a roll with the responses as of late.

Well, then I guess not.

I suppose I did not understand because it's not like it makes much sense.

Do you...not understand that the technology of gaming evolves over time? Is Neverwinter Nights Online not out of date?

You think it's dumb to say that a company would make a successful game and then make another one like it? Perhaps you should stop and contemplate that for a moment, then perhaps you will gain greater insight on the subject of saying stupid things.

Well, then I guess not.

I suppose I did not understand because it's not like it makes much sense.

Do you...not understand that the technology of gaming evolves over time? Is Neverwinter Nights Online not out of date?

You think it's dumb to say that a company would make a successful game and then make another one like it? Perhaps you should stop and contemplate that for a moment, then perhaps you will gain greater insight on the subject of saying stupid things.

Is Neverwinter Nights Online NOT a game worth playing? The answer my friend, is that it IS. Do you think its dumb that a company that can make patches for a game wouldn't do so? What you are looking at is the graphics, NOT the other MORE important factors that makes a game, in fact a game worth playing. Making an MMO costs so much to make and if its completed, it would be idiotic to say, "Hey that was fun making this MMORPG, why don't we make another one and just forget any other possible big projects we could give our best programmers?" Sounds pretty idiotic to me...

Is Neverwinter Nights Online NOT a game worth playing? The answer my friend, is that it IS. Do you think its dumb that a company that can make patches for a game wouldn't do so? What you are looking at is the graphics, NOT the other MORE important factors that makes a game, in fact a game worth playing. Making an MMO costs so much to make and if its completed, it would be idiotic to say, "Hey that was fun making this MMORPG, why don't we make another one and just forget any other possible big projects we could give our best programmers?" Sounds pretty idiotic to me...

QFE.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

That isn't GO-TO; that's a later version of the G0-T0 series droids.

As to HK-47, there are some trailer shots of HK-50 droids, so its possible you can purchase an HK-50 or similar model and change his paint job. Or I'm wrong and HK is in. Or both are true.

Possible Spoiler

GO-TO dies in the canon KotOR II ending anyway.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i wish they would make kotor 3. i think it will be made in the future though. its just like terminator. the first movie cam out in 1984 the second in 1991. i bet some new industry or what ever will want to make a name for them self and make kotor 3. kinda like how 343 industries are replacing bungie for the halo series. i think it will get picked up and revived. weather its by another company or obsiden entertainment.

It also would be possibly better if they made a kotor like game ware you fight in the madalorien wars as the general from kotor 2. you could lead your men by going to other planets and conquering them. it could make a good rpg. also there's a big hole there that leaves a lot of things out. or you could be reven in the game. that would be cool seeing hk 47 built and him calling malak a meat bag for the first time! either way i think it should be built. ol Lucas is famous for releasing the the story backwards. EX. star wars 4,5,6, came out then 1,2,3....

It's possible *the* orignal HK-47 could be encountered as a pivotal character if entirely non recruitable, otherwise everyone would have him b/c Revan made him. To my recollection that very one lived on until the prequel trilogy at least. It's on the wookiee-pedia page. Everyone else would get like some carbon copy or offshoot like HK-24 or HK-57 or something like that from Systech corporation. Actually I believe HK-50 & 51 would make sense as they are all around the galaxy by TSL's end.

• 3 weeks later...

yea they shoulda made a kotor 3 not a mmo personally im not gunna pay 15 bucks a month just to found out what will happen to revan when it isnt even the main purpose of the game there is no point in it i dont care at the moment about the true sith attack i have already read that part lol

If I'd like anyone to do something with Kotor, it would be to develop cinematics that show each of the character's lives before the games, culminating perhaps in the Battle of Malachor V. Also concerning that era or earlier, perhaps they could use TOTJ as stories for the Star Wars Live Action Series?

yea they shoulda made a kotor 3 not a mmo personally im not gunna pay 15 bucks a month just to found out what will happen to revan when it isnt even the main purpose of the game there is no point in it i dont care at the moment about the true sith attack i have already read that part lol

Objective...story of the game isn't even revealed yet.

I thought the same about WoW, but when I could play it for free to beta test it my opinion turned around. It closed and contined SO many Warcraft 3 events I got hooked.

Same could be true for this game. Kotor 2 even introduced flashback gameplay in the Korriban cave.

Taris could have a flashback quest like that, Korriban could, etc etc.

PS: The game description clearly reads Revan and Bastilla had a child. The current Grandmaster descends from this child. This only proves Revan's fate will be explained!

EDIT: @ GTA: Thank you, exactly my point. Every thing shown about this game has its roots in Kotor and TSL. Including those HK's!

• 2 weeks later...

Kotor becoming an mmo could never really have a place in my heart.

honestly in my opinion, i think they have butchered the hole kotor franchise.

The mmo may be a good financial investment for them, but i dont feel as if its going to live up to the real kotor series and have that same feeling and effect that the rpg versions did.

• 1 month later...

I find this a bit hard to believe, considering they just said in tOR that "okay, every main character from K1 and K2 died! fast forward a few hundred years!" the a-holes should know that it isn't kotor w/out Revan or the Exile.

On the other hand, they could make K3 an alternate universe game ("what would've happened if LA wasn't such a money-hungry MMO maker?") like The Force Unleashed.

Archived