Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i agree it's just not kotor without the exile or revan.

The Kotor comics weren't about Revan. And Revan only played a small role in the TSL game. They're only a small part of 'Kotor' for that matter :)

KOTOR is a metaseries that started with the Tales of the Jedi comics. It's all about origin of the Jedi, Sith, in turbulent times 4000+ years before the films.

It's quite cool, with the Sunrider, Quel-Droma's and stuff.

I think TOR is doing just that. Keeping intact that 'feel' that it's different from the movies. Revan or the Exile not their? The Jedi are there, so the Exile's padawans did their work. It took 300 years for the Sith to invade, so Revan must have kicked their butts out there.

• 2 weeks later...

I still don't understand why everyone wants to play as Revan again fighting the "true sith". That was just a MacGuffin to get rid of the character. It's just the player character, any appeal it has is self created. With the Exile the ending could have him/her either going to the Unknown Regions, remaining as the master of Malachor V or going on a self imposed Exile. Continuity aside, this way it guarantees the character is essentially now a figure of legend and no longer of any consequence.

Not to mention another game featuring said True Sith would remove the mystery of them.

Money's a big factor. Activision can probably build their headquarters on top of a literal mountain of gold now. Just from WoW and Starcraft 2 profits.

I think they can buy their own country, seeing as Cataclysm is about to go live and the new Diablo is on it's way....I think they'll buy Lapland and call it Northrend or something. Or laser 'Blizzard' into the moon....

Think even bigger: buying EA.

That's the worst possible thing to happen. EA's their biggest competition. If Activision Blizzard buys EA, then they will have a larger monopoly on the gaming franchise.

If that happens I am expecting games are going to be 90% less content and 20% more expensive, until either a big video gaming crash or another big publisher rolls out in several years

Think even bigger: buying EA.

Oh, that would be classy....and so wrong.

Arthas as unlock able player in Fifa 2012, Frostmourne as melee weapon in the new MOH. Actually, that could be quite cool.

Wait. it's activision. We'd probably have to pay for it.

Is Bobby Kottick not an anagram for Scrooge McDuck?

EDIT: Holy crap. I googled Kottick and Scrooge and actually got this.

KotickMcduck.jpg

• 1 month later...

Yeah... There won't be any Kotor three, like Evil Q said, "because of that MMO abomination" x)

And since they have a sort of Revan tomb, and a suspucious shadow that some think is a rebirth revan, so... It crush even more any hope some people could have about K3...

• 2 months later...

I read a while back about a KOTOR 3 coming out and that was released in 2008 and they havent said anything since, but like Evil and others have said if this mmo comes out than there is no KOTOR 3 in the near future. I would say that if the mmo comes out there wont ever be a KOTOR 3 because they will just keep trying to make the mmo better. I say if they do release it everyone should just not play it and when they see no one is playing it they might come to their sense and make a KOTOR 3

That's more or less what some have thought of. I know I'm probably not going to take it seriously. Part of me really wants to tangle with some of them characters but at the sa,e time all I think most people give half a flip about is what happened to Revan... (as if none of us could guess but perhaps a little confirmation is nice).

• 4 weeks later...

It is the year 2011 so far no new Knights of the Old Republic III. The TOR game that Bioware came up with isn't the same. I was looking for if not the same characters then perhaps the same old good Ebon Hawk.

My believe is sadly this we will never know truly what happened to Revan after the first game came out in 2003. An we again will never learn about what happened to the Exil and the group on the Ebon Hawk.

It be sweet to be playing a star wars game and come across the ship though. In a archive something about those that have helped to save the republic.

• 2 months later...

From what i have seen on the site, there is a great grandaughter to Bastila, there is possibly the Onasis, HK-47 is in it, You get to create your own ship, You get to create your team, etc. From what I have read from a lot of Kotor stuff, and knowing that Revan was a sith lord he relearned all of his old powers, went to defeat the Sith Emperor, was defeated, went into hiding, put HK as a Guardian, and He went into a Sith Coma State which may have allowed him to live for a very long time. He was considered to be the most powerful jedi/sith next to Darth Vader and Galen Marek/Starkiller.

Hrm. That's interesting. They might actually make Revan an actual character instead of a blank slate.

While this is all old news, I would expect the sun to burn out before Revan is ever made an even slightly compelling character in the canon.

Archived