Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

I seriously think that if they use the newer visual engines, adaptations of previous gaming mechanisms, and just accept input from more reknown 'critics' then I think that their work on KotOR would be more successful then just coming out with a surprise. They dropped the game development years ago because of an economic slump that hit them hard, but they've had all these Force Unleashed and Lego games, working hard on this KotOR when they have a chance would seriously earn the respect and business of previous gamers that are more RPG focused. The third game really has a big door open, with a lot of wiggle room from the setup from the 1st and 2nd game. They have so much they could do to the game, and I'm sure they could accomplish a big feat by really knocking it out of the park with this one. For how anticipated it was and how ^ diligent it's fanbase is, I truly believe it's still not too late for the game production to start up, since they already had characters and plots developed with pen and paper. Just going back and revising what they have, maybe even throwing in more since the consoles can deal with a lot more than they had previously designed the game for, a third game, if and when it came out, would definitely remove that 'economic slump' excuse they used on us once. Agreed?

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, I doubt that anyone, whether it be Bioware or Obsidian, would produce KotOR III. SWTOR already seems to fill that void. Although I would love to see a KotOR III produced because I love the KOTOR format and interface. SWTOR has nice graphics and things but IMO, nothing compares to the good ol' Bioware-style KotOR. I'm looking forward to the completion of the TCM Revenge of Revan for TSL. After playing through the mod, I feel as if that will be the closest to KotOR III as can be.

Sadly, I doubt that anyone, whether it be Bioware or Obsidian, would produce KotOR III. SWTOR already seems to fill that void. Although I would love to see a KotOR III produced because I love the KOTOR format and interface. SWTOR has nice graphics and things but IMO, nothing compares to the good ol' Bioware-style KotOR. I'm looking forward to the completion of the TCM Revenge of Revan for TSL. After playing through the mod, I feel as if that will be the closest to KotOR III as can be.

That's why many of us are making Story and Total conversions, to expand on Kotor 1 - 2. Each of these mods are thought as Kotor 3 +.

That's why many of us are making Story and Total conversions, to expand on Kotor 1 - 2. Each of these mods are thought as Kotor 3 +.

Yes I see that. I wish I was gifted in the modding aspect to create one myself but all I can do is think of possible storylines for new variations of the game haha. I really hope logan23 and his team are still working on Revenge of Revan because I really think they have the best shot of producing a "KotOR III".

EDIT: Thank you for the warm welcome as well :)

• 7 months later...

As much as I'd like to see KOTOR III, I'd also like to have emulator for TOR to setup my own server and play a nice single player... It has good enough story, I think, but I just can't bear online gameplay.

• 9 months later...

You guys are bashing TOR but likely haven't played it, or logged very much time into the game. Ignorance is certainly something.

The new game update to TOR is Shadow of Revan, where Revan has returned, again, again. And he's evil, again...again.

The worlds Yavin IV and Rishii were added to the game, and whatever else. Revan has been central to the TOR era so far, but this pretty much nips it in the bud and allows the Bioware Austin team to carry onward.

• 2 months later...
I wish Bethesda would make a Skyrim-esque KOTOR game.

:thmbup1:

Now THAT would be great, I love Skyrim. I like TOR But When you hit 50 it starts pushing you to Group crap. I Hate Group stuff.

Also your companions become just helpers, no more dialogue, even with your spouse/LI

It just turns to Instance after Instance All group stuff.

To get to single Player Revan stuff you need to Do Flashpoints.

My Thought was, WHY ? I know who Revan is and what happened, Let Me play.

Archived