Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

E3 is gone falks, nothing substantial on real stuff. next year maybe!

Nothing gets announced till next E3, wright?

I do not believe that there is a law that says KotOR III has to be announced at E3. When a game is getting closer to a release, the publisher will go to no end in promoting their product.

You never know, they could decide to announce it in a few months. At this point in the waiting period, people should let their cognitions on this matter relax.

I wouldn't allow anxiety to take up your enjoyment of other games.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you know how was it with Ki&KII, announced in May and released in the end of the year, if they do something like you talking about it is going to be most unusual, which I think is not likely to happen, wright?

^^^^

the announcement that a Darth Vader based game is in the works means exactly that. i really wouldn't be surprised if the Darth Vader game was just entering production. so, i'm not surprised the game wasn't at E3 since it would be in such an early stage of production.

as for Kotor3, well, it should get announced somewhere down the line. just don't hold your breath.

Lucasarts has been acting strange lately... They were really excited for a while about how they were making a new Darth Vader game, and then it wasn't even on their E3 list? *rolls eyes*
They are probably waiting for the nextgen consoles to become more commonplace.

^^^^^^^^^^

That is something that I though of last night. I wonder if they are letting the next generation of game technology and software settle into the market first. Knowing what the console expectations are going to be like will help with determaning what engine, expense, or console the game will be manufactured for. (Any game for that matter.)

If you remember, Lucas Arts had an inhouse design team working on KotOR 3 before KotOR 2's release. After letting some of the team go, they also decided to move a part of the company to another location. I can't remember exactly when all this happened, but I think it was a little over a year and six/seven months ago.

Even though K3 was never mentioned at E3, I don't believe that it is not in production of a sorts. They could be debating over how the script would look, or how the game will be designed. However, this is all speculation on my part.

If there is to be a K3, I don't think it will be released until late 2007 or early 2008. If the game is in pproduction, I think they will make an anouncement at the end of this year. If...If...If...If...If...If...If...If... All speculation on my part.

Until it is released, I don't see myself loosing sleep over the issue.

Lucas Arts is creating another great game: Indy.

I am looking forward to knowing more about Indy.

And Prime... what do you base this statement on?
I base it on the fact that a game company isn't going to just say, "yeah we are working on it." There is going to be an official press release and the word will be spread through the proper distrubtion channels. Like they have done with all their games before. Things just aren't done in the way you suggest.

But if you want to sir around and wait, by all means. ;)

I base it on the fact that a game company isn't going to just say, "yeah we are working on it." There is going to be an official press release and the word will be spread through the proper distrubtion channels. Like they have done with all their games before. Things just aren't done in the way you suggest.

Where in the hell did I "suggest" anything? I just asked a question.

To which your answer basically is, "because I don't think so." You've got a 50-50 chance of being right. I was just wondering if your statements were based on anything other than conjecture.

Doesn't look like it.

Where in the hell did I "suggest" anything?
Sorry, I mistakingly responded to you thinking you had originally posted tbl1's comment that I originally responded to. I opologize for the confusion.

To which your answer basically is, "because I don't think so."
In regards to tbl1's comment, I was saying that Lucasarts is never going to make a little comment somewhere saying "working on K3". It is either going to be a full blown press release or nothing.

I was just wondering if your statements were based on anything other than conjecture.
In regards to what I said above, it isn't conjecture. :) But about the eventual possibility of a K3 announcement, your guess is as good as mine.

So does anyone know if there are two games being developed?? they talk about the D.V. based game and in other context they talk about another Star Wars Game, on IGN.?? And to Lucas Arts, if you dont make it, I will stop buying your products. Seems like Pirates of the Caribean will be the game I play next winter along with Captain Blood and Oblivion. So there are plenty of good games comming and if Kotor isnt in the mix so what, I will move to another franchise.

So, Prime... your an Edmontonian too eh? cool, well, I think the Kotor3 has great expectations inwords of graphics, length and complexity and if and I stress the word IF they make K3 if will definately be for the 360 or a much more advanced system. I haven't given up hope completely.....yet.

Hello eveyone :)

I PM'ed Feargus Urquhart from obsidian and asked about whether they will ever do Kotor III and this is a reply I got in my PM box from Feargus Urquhart:

Hi,

It's tough for me to talk about KotOR3 specifically. I can say that we are not working on it. However, when it comes to what LucasArts is doing or not doing - I can't really comment. To work with a publisher we have to sign contracts that say we can't talk about things that they tell us when they haven't talked about them publically yet.

Sorry,

Feargus

Any way I won't give up guys, I still hope for a Kotor III and I won't give up until there is an actual no from LA or George Lucas.

Any way read the quote above.

-Kook

Thank you Kookaburra, your tenacious persistence has no equal and it's greatly appreciated.

However, his reply says more than meets the eye if you read between the lines, and it's as I feared.

He was able to truthfully state that they were not working on it.

He also felt the need to explain the broken record reply as to the legal forbidding of mentioning things that haven't been made public.

He can't legally tell us no, but in effect that's what he's saying.

Let's put it this way, if they were working on it, he would probably have said something like, "I'm not legally at liberty to discuss anything about upcomming games until announced." or something to that effect.

What he said was, "We're not making it and I can't talk about LucasArts projects."

I really do hope I'm wrong, but, I have a bad feeling about this...

That's not what I gathered.

He said he wasnt' allowed to comment on what LucasArts is doing.

No surprise there.

He did not say that 'he' didn't know - just that he cannot comment.

At least not until LucasArts makes it offical and public, which implies that LucasArts is up to something. He just can't say what.

I guess I'll have to just settle for doing JEDI modding for Dungeon Siege II and NeverWinterNights2 when it comes out.

I need my lightsaber fix.

He did not say that 'he' didn't know - just that he cannot comment. At least not until LucasArts makes it offical and public, which implies that LucasArts is up to something. He just can't say what.
Not necessarily. If Lucasarts commented to them that they have no intention of making K3, then he would also be giving the same response for the same reason.

Archived