Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

most of the games are a fact and I have already seen information on fable 2 and such I think Kotor will be announced later this year. I don't know what month issue this magazine is but I imagine it is older. Now These titles like halo 3 and fable 2 and GTA 6 are facts just wait for Kotor 3. It is nearing. I am reenergized. Time is the only thing.

Since we started speculating, time has been the only 'thing.'

It's not a matter of 'if' Lucasarts created it, but 'when.'

They now seem to focus on their Vader and SW2007 games. Maybe the Kotor series will be resurected in a few years. Maybe they want to wait for Neverwinter Nights and mass Effect to come out, and release k3 afterwards...

Hmmm, I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed how the speculation on KotOR3 has been treated on the relevant boards.

On Obsidian's board, all talk of the game was forced into one topic - all others were deleted. It was first on the Obsidian General forum, but later went to the Computer Games forum and finally the Star Wars Universe forum. Obsidian has also said that they are not working on KotOR3.

On the other hand, on Lucasforums KotOR3 has not just a single topic but an entire board devoted to it.

Is there some hidden information here? I feel that Obsidian would not have put the topic on it's General Board, unless it was considered an internal matter, i.e., they were working on the project. But then they moved it and limited the discussion, whereas an entire board is devoted to here. Why? Is it because the game went into production, yet was no longer relevant to consider for Obsidian, because they are not the developers? Maybe Lucasarts want to develop it in-house this time?

Sounds like they got tired of people posting about it everywhere and just put it under one forum. Makes sense.

But that's just it - it was already in one place (one topic). All other topics on the subject were closed, and moving it around didn't help any and still doesn't, as far as I know.

Sounds like they got tired of people posting about it everywhere and just put it under one forum. Makes sense.
That is what happened here. We just decided to create a new forum in order to keep all the other ones clean. They chose a different way to do it, but no doubt their aim was the same.

that employee booklet was from a Xbox 360 gaming Magazine; with it, came a seperate booklet with the list of games the magazine claimed that were in development.

those links to the magazine scans are the proof of what the magazine was sating about Kotor III. :wink:

I don't know if anyone posted this (and apologies if they have) but I was looking on wikipedia for new ps3 games, and under the S column, it said: Star Wars: Knights of the old republic III - does this mean that KOTOR III wuill be out for ps3? Here's the link

i hope this isnt true as if its just for the ps3 microsofy is going to p,i,s,s, a lot of people off me included :blast5:

Wikipedia? Are you serious?

Here's a quote from that page letting you know it's garbage.

This is a list of games that have been confirmed to be in development for the Sony PlayStation 3 video game console, organized alphabetically by name. As of July 2006 the PS3 itself has not yet been released, this list is therefore subject to change. Please see list of computer and video games for related lists.

Confirmed? I don't think so. With Wikipedia all you need is one source to confirm your lie and if that source is another internet lie or rumor then you've got nothing.

Also how can the list be subject to change if they've been confirmed to be in development? I mean we've got confirmation, here!!! :lol:

In all seriousness, don't trust everthing you read on Wikipedia.

^^^

Hilarious! The anon editor at the very least should have checked spelling before posting such a snub. Repbulican. What a dweeb!

Anyway it got fixed after a bit. Just another example of the perils inherent in wiki content. ;)

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/6272/ps3kotor3wiki7ek.jpg

Edit by D3: IMG tag removed because it messes up the forum layout

Just checked back. It seems the game has now been removed from the list.
My first (and so far only) contribution to the wiki community. :D

I'm glad that the change has stuck this long. Hopefully KotOR 3 will stay off the list until such time that LucasArts makes an official announcement that KotOR 3 will be made for the PS3. Of course such an announcement may never happen.

Ok well this isn't actual KOTOR 3 news more like something I found interesting while watching EP on G4 yesterday. During the show they did an interview with Bioware and Pandemic about their recent team up and during the interview the group said something interesting. They said they were in the process of making a few games together (Other the Mass Effect) but wouldn't comment on them because they weren't announced yet. This got me wondering could one of these games possibly be KOTOR 3? What got me wondering was with Obsidian tied up for another year with the games they're working on maybe just maybe Lucasarts went back to Bioware to get the game out sometime next year. Now I have nothing to support this so don't get your hopes up it just seems like a possibility to me. A possibility I wouldn't mind seeing either if it meant Pandemic and Bioware teaming up to make KOTOR 3.

Ok well this isn't actual KOTOR 3 news more like something I found interesting while watching EP on G4 yesterday. During the show they did an interview with Bioware and Pandemic about their recent team up and during the interview the group said something interesting. They said they were in the process of making a few games together (Other the Mass Effect) but wouldn't comment on them because they weren't announced yet. This got me wondering could one of these games possibly be KOTOR 3? What got me wondering was with Obsidian tied up for another year with the games they're working on maybe just maybe Lucasarts went back to Bioware to get the game out sometime next year. Now I have nothing to support this so don't get your hopes up it just seems like a possibility to me. A possibility I wouldn't mind seeing either if it meant Pandemic and Bioware teaming up to make KOTOR 3.

I highly doubt Bioware will have anything to do with KotOR 3. They want to concentrate solely on their own IPs (intellectual Properties).

I highly doubt Bioware will have anything to do with KotOR 3. They want to concentrate solely on their own IPs (intellectual Properties).

Well, why dont they create a nice itellectual proberty then... compare the stuff they are doing know to Baldurs gate 2 or Planescape torment. I see a great difference in quality.

Archived