Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We know you have them saved on your HDD

Seeing them once was enough :) I really did like them, but since James could get in huge trouble for them being out, I had them taken down on EUC and I haven't gone to the Photobucket- I don't want to support the stealing that went on. I wish they weren't put out like that, or else I would have them saved ;)

Besides, that file was hidden; someone was doing illegal stuff to begin with.

um..I dont see a reason why not make kotor3.
Perhaps they are waiting until the they are more proficient with nextgen console hardware and its capabilities.

I wish LucasArts haven't forgot the kotors.
They haven't. It is jsut a question of what they are going to do with the series and if/when. But they certainly know their popularity/money making potential.

They haven't. It is just a question of what they are going to do with the series and if/when. But they certainly know their popularity/money making potential.

Totally agree. People act as if they have no idea of how popular the games are; nope, they do. That doesn't mean as a business they have to do it. I believe they are testing the next-gen gaming and Kotor 3 will be a game in the near future.

The site would be kotor3.bioware.com if BioWare ended up making K3 (note that any time you see a rumor about a Bio K3 website). Since Obsidian's K2 website has been taken down, I can't say what would be their hypothetical K3 website.

In any case, it probably won't be kotor3.com, no matter who makes it.

Oh, yeah, it's definitely fake. If I may quote myself on this...

First, it's now late October; still no KOTOR 3 website. Second, I did a bit of snooping and discovered that kotor3.com is owned by some company called INNERWISE, INC, which owns the rights to hundreds of website names. Finally, Bioware's KOTOR website is kotor.bioware.com, and thus it wouldn't be kotor3.com.

That, and the whole thing is pretty sketchy.

Mockery: A friend of a friend told me that Pandemic recently purchased the rights to kotor3.com, in partnership with Bioware. Some guy he knows has been hired to design the site, which will become public Summer-Fall '07, after Mass Effect comes out.

:p

Pardon the ignorant question, but I want to know if there is any solid (legitimate) statements that have been made about Kotor 3 even being made? I have also heard rumors of a Kotor animated movie; is there any truth to that?

Yes, we know that at the beggining of 2004 Kotor3 was actually in pre-development, but the team responsible for it was fired in the mid of the year. Copule of early artworks (from the pre-development) have leaked to the internet.

Right now Kotor3 (neither single player, nor MMO) is NOT being in development unfortunately. Bioware stated several times on their official forums that they're not working on it. EA denied K3 being developed also. So did LucasArts. Who's left? Obsidian. But they currently busy with Aliens RPG and Alpha Protocol (both in not very advanced stages of development). Wich means that no one is working @ Kotor3 at the moment. Sorry.

EA denied K3 being developed also.

EA? I can't really se EA working together with LucasArts... EA, to me at least, has always seemed to prefer to have 100% control over projects - something I don't think they could have if they worked with LucasArts.

GameTrailers TV's Geoff Keighley blog

Geek Fantasy: Hulk, Iron Man and STAR WARS!

Posted Mar 28, 2008 3:19 am

I hope you enjoy tonight's episode about two big upcoming Marvel games: Iron Man (which comes out in May) and The Incredible Hulk (in June). While movie games don't have the best reputation, Sega and Marvel are hoping to move the genre in the right direction. After you watch the show let me know if you think they are on the right path!

I loved the Hulk games created by Radical Entertainment and I'm crossing my fingers that Edge of Reality (the new developer) will deliver a worthy Hulk sequel. Watch the first gameplay trailer in the show and draw your own conclusion! Seeing the trailer reminds me how much I loved the PS2 monster destruction game WAR OF THE MONSTERS. Where is the PS3 version of that Sony?

I also want to give you faithful blog readers a little tidbit about our next show on April 11: It's all about STAR WARS! Last week I went up to LucasArts for an exclusive behind the scenes look at the new game THE FORCE UNLEASHED. We'll be blowing it out on GTTV with a ton of exclusive footage and some very special announcements. Spike is airing all six Star Wars movies in April and throughout the month I'll also be appearing between the movies on Spike to reveal more of THE FORCE UNLEASHED. You'll want to tune in on Sunday April 6 between the movies for a big Star Wars videogame announcement and some very exclusive footage.

But the best part is that our April 11 episode also has a bunch of other HUGE exclusives in it. More on that soon....

Geoff

A big Star Wars videogame announcement coming soon!

KotOR3? maybe or maybe not.

I'm not sure... the way that reads, especially the TFU being mentioned in the previous sentence, leads me to think that it will be an announcement about Unleashed... maybe the final release date?

I agree. High chance it's just about FU. Don't get too excited people. Of course it would be great if there was a K3 announcement, but it's not very likely.

I'm not sure... the way that reads, especially the TFU being mentioned in the previous sentence, leads me to think that it will be an announcement about Unleashed... maybe the final release date?

Could be they're announcing a PC version. Could be anything, though.

Yes, the blog post sounds a bit confusing or misleading. Geoff said that GTTV's TFU episode on Friday April 11 will include some very special announcements and a big Star Wars videogame announcement will happen on Sunday April 6. So I think an announcement on April 6 is not about TFU, but you might be right.

Archived