Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

id rather have Obsidian work on kotor III...i thought they had a lot of wonderful ideas that they just didn't have the proper time to implement as well as they could have.

It's too bad most people are quick to put the blame on them without knowing the facts.

replay value wise for me ill take TSL any day.

Meh, I'll agree with you once TSLRP comes out.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ I agree. While I see a very powerful, compelling story in TSL, I see certainly don't feel like I saw all of it. Bioware's already getting a shot at a new title for the IP, it would be fantastic if Avellone and Obsidian got their's as well. :D

am i the only person who disliked kotor2 for abandoning the classic star wars universe feeling and turning it into something the avarage emo-kid would have sex with?

Yes.

We hardly even know anything about the MMO, let alone the next installment in the series.

Well, seeing as they're probably going to be calling it "The Old Republic", I think it's safe to say it's not K3.

No he's not :) thats my main problem with TSL/avellone, It's just not Star Wars to me. It's like some self indulgent goth indy fan film, and someones dubbed in lightsabers.
All Star Wars stories begin to look alike and it's boring. Avellone took another direction, did something different in the SW Universe, and that's why I love TSL. But let's not get ourselves into another endless discussion over this. :)

@JCarter426: I've learned that when it comes to LucasArts, pessimistic is the right approach. :)

All Star Wars stories begin to look alike and it's boring. Avellone took another direction, did something different in the SW Universe, and that's why I love TSL. But let's not get ourselves into another endless discussion over this. :)

@JCarter426: I've learned that when it comes to LucasArts, pessimistic is the right approach. :)

Ah, touché. On both accounts. :p

Indeed, indeed. Mr. Avellone did a wonderful job with what he had and actually brought the side of SW that Lucas intended with the prequels (darker) to a video game. Yes, the music was darker, yes the coloring actually was darker, but it was still fun to a be a Jedi.

No he's not :) thats my main problem with TSL/avellone, It's just not Star Wars to me. It's like some self indulgent goth indy fan film, and someones dubbed in lightsabers.

Avellone took a darker less whimsical approach to the TSL. A dark game with a dark setting. It felt grittier and just much better than KOTOR though when I played it first time I did find it hard getting use to the difference of everything. Lets hope Kotor III can retain the style of Kotor and TSL while injecting much needed grittiness. I do have a work-in-progress story in the fiction setting called the Kotor III: The True Sith which has a very dark touch to it compared to the first two Kotor games.

The only thing I really disliked about TSL's grittier direction was the lack of color and vibrancy in the world(s). Citadel, Peragus and Nar Shadaa were gray and drab, Dantooine was relit making it more desaturated. Dxun and Onderon were my favorite places from TSL because there was just more to look at. KOTOR really mixed things up, deserts, oceans, forests, cities, lots to look at.

Now that I think of it, a lot of the planets in TSL were pretty war-torn and unpopulated.

I did enjoy the planet of Onderon in the game too. In fact, I think the Dxun and Onderon chapters were my favorites. Another planet I enjoyed and would like to see again in the future is Nar Shadaa.

Sorry, but when you're being sarcastic on the internet you should bear in mind that trying to tell whether someone is being sarcastic simply by reading the text is nigh impossible.

Sorry for the confusion. I thought everyone got the sarcastic part in Rathoris post about emo-kids, thus people would easily got that I wanted to joke back at him as well.

Archived