Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=198467

possibly 1 year after the partnership was announced then? If true that is :)

Such a surprise! Nobody expected (KO)TOR MMO to be in the works! :xp: It really was the industry's worst kept secret :xp: Seriously, it's how most of us predicted. An announcement after TFU's release (and after it turned out to be a lackluster). Still hoping for a proper SP K3 though

I'm still Unsure as to the level of Multiplayer involved, A game with Multiplayer online elements is not an MMO, It's A game with Multiplayer online elements! Here's dreaming of K3 with an optional multiplayer mode available on Xbox360 to be released later that year on PC...

Totally agree. People act as if they have no idea of how popular the games are; nope, they do. That doesn't mean as a business they have to do it. I believe they are testing the next-gen gaming and Kotor 3 will be a game in the near future.

agreed.

LucasArts and BioWare have revealed, through a postcard sent to the gaming press, that the two companies will announce a new game on October 21. Could this be it, then?

I find it somewhat amusing that so far it seems only Gamasutra and The Daily Star from the UK have gotten invites to the Presidio in San Francisco. I'll have to research more when I get home as I don't have the time to do a thorough check from work. In any case, it's good to know we'll finally find out with the LucasArts/BioWare project is in just two weeks time. Of course we already know it's going to be a Star Wars MMORPG but we want to get the official scoop with more details!!!

Allright. We got a gamespy invitation to an announcement. That's solid proof. :)

GameSpy received an upcoming media invitation today from LucasArts and BioWare which is more than likely going to be the official unveiling of the long-rumored Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic-based MMORPG. Back in July, EA's CEO John Riccitiello confirmed that both companies were working on an MMO title based on the successful Knights of the Old Republic franchise.

The invite flyer can be seen below, stating, "The Wait is OVER" on the front and "the official unveiling of the game that's been rumored about for years" on the back. GameSpy will certainly be in attendance, so keep October 21 in the back of your minds and remember to come back to get the full scoop on this not-so-mysterious mega announcement.

I will slap GL in the face personally if this is a publicity stunt for a new Monky Island of Full Throttle.

Edit: Hooded figure in background. White Revan robes? Would be a hint to a famous Infinities novel about a LS-turned Darth Vader....

the figure in the background is just a statue. There's two more on the left and right side aswell.

And is it just me or does the font and colour of the letters in "The wait is over" remind you of the kotor logo. Ah well, it's pretty obvious what the announcement is anyway.....

I just got goose bumps. This is the most visual evidence we have yet seen. My fingers are crossed.

the figure in the background is just a statue. There's two more on the left and right side aswell.

And is it just me or does the font and colour of the letters in "The wait is over" remind you of the kotor logo. Ah well, it's pretty obvious what the announcement is anyway.....

It reminds me of a Korriban statue, but it is in a city type of environment. It also has features similar to those found in Knights 2. Korriban statue in a Nar Shadaa cityscape.

N. Evan Van Zelfden in Los Angeles warns, watch out World of Warcraft. In an interview at E3 this week, Electronic Arts chief executive John Riccitiello said that EA is working on the next version of Star Wars game Knights of the Old Republic, and it will most certainly have a massively multiplayer online component to it.
Component? Will this be similar to Diablo 2. You get to play the game as a standalone, yet you also have the option to join with others online.

That would be epic. I truly love that way of multiplayer. It's more of that 'quick online gaming' feel than the 'zomg my life is gone and I have to pay $x/month' feel.

Imo, it would show awesomeness if they made it an component next to the single player, thinking about all the RPG fans who bough the first two games.

if u right click, save picture the image its filename is kotormmo screenie...

The announcement on GameSpy says "KotOR MMO Announcement?" I would say don't take that as face value. The announcement is a question, so I would assume that they just put kotormmo as the file name because that's everyones best guess as to what the announcement actually is.

I would laugh as hell if this turns out to be a single player Knights 3. We have all these rumors of a MMORPG, and several of the fans are yelling, "the sky is falling." This could end up being the best kept secret in a long time. :lol:

:Phone1: Calling George for a confirmation. :Phone1:

Archived