Thus Far, do you plan to buy SWBF2?

Talen

Are you going to buy SWBF2?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to buy SWBF2?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Like all British people, I don't care at all about politics especially American politics.

OK zerted why are people who hate the whole battlefront franchise on a battlefront II messageboard?

They have nothing to do in real life and enjoy harassing others. It makes them feel important, stronger, and/or better than the other person. They think their ideas are more important then someone else's, which is not true. Or they hate Star Wars and want the game to get bad ratings.

I know some Americans who don't care too.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They have nothing to do in real life .
I take moderate offense to that, as that is borderline flaming generalized to an entire group of people whom you know nothing about.

Do you KNOW what I did today/ tonight? I don't believe you do, and I won't go into any details since it's not a competition here, but suffice to say I have plenty to do. I am, however, NOT busy 24 hours a day, and DO enjoy posting on forums. I enjoy expressing my opinion, even if it isn't to go all fanboy and drool over then next Star Wars title, despite glaring flaws.

I was fairly dissapointed in SWBF, though was fun for a while. I'll just wait a bit now and see how it turns out. Or how busy I am at that moment with other games.

People like to discuss things here; or still interested on how SWBFII develops. They're not here to whine or flame SWBFII lovers.

I wasn't trying to describe anyone on the forums. I think I was thinking of someone who really hates every thing Star Wars, but spends all their time complaining about it.

I try not to judge other people, or make general statements about them, but it seems I did. I can't remember what I was thinking when I posted the post, so I can't defend my reasoning. Sorry.

Well, they needed the input. An alpha is good for bugtesting and game balance, but sometimes the testers get too used to glaring flaws and begin compensating for them.

To be fair, they should just hire more testers, but I think it's a sign of a good developer to have a public beta to iron out things...when it works right.

OK zerted why are people who hate the whole battlefront franchise on a battlefront II messageboard?

Because weather they hate the game or not, they can discuss it at thier own will. Perhaps they are trying to warn people off buying a bad game?

As for the original question, I will be buying Battlefront II. Because with luck, someone will mod it into a good game, and some elements may prove fun. You never know.

Not everyone thinks it's a bad game, alot of people think it's going to be good actually, and those people aren't going to change their minds just because of a few harsh words from some stranger on a forum.

I hate Driver 3 but i'm not going to go on some Driver forum filled with hardcore fans and constantly tell people how terrible it is,

It's a completely pointless thing to do and it wouldn't achieve anything.

I'm not buying, unless something big happens. I've played the beta, and it seems to be the same SWBF gameply, with arcade-like "officers" added. Heroes don't seem to overpowered, actually, but none of the officer units (which, given their power, are fairly common) feel like Star Wars. Especially the Imperial and CIS - they don't even carry a regular blaster!

Couldn't get into space combat, it's nigh impossible with the mouse + keys, and it's impossible to tail a guy with the stupid lag and 3rd person view. The sprint ability, also, was fairly fake-looking and needs a better animation (see BF2). The HUD is also unqieldy - I like the SWBF HUD myself, but that's nitpicking. Ultimately, there is far too much emphasis on explosives. Why? Because they are the only weapons that do decent damage. Standard blaster rifle still takes too many shots too kill. Eveything is grenades, rockets, mortars, and the blaster is overall pretty useless. IMHO.

I looked forward to Battlefront myself I got it and liked it even with the bugs. I thought they would fix them like they said they would. I now got Battlefield 2. I couldn't play Battlefront if I tried. With all that's wrong with Battlefield 2 it's still 100 times better then Battlefront or what I have played of Battlefront 2.

After playing the demo for Battlefront 2 All I can say is a the graphics are a bit better. A Star Wars mod for Battlefield 2 would blow Battlefront 2 out of the water even if all you did was replace the character models.

If you going to make a rip off of a good game make a good rip off don't make it half @ss.

A Star Wars mod for Battlefield 2 would blow Battlefront 2 out of the water even if all you did was replace the character models.

i agree!

but the mod should be really well done: i applied the mod Forgotten Hope to BF1942 and was spectacular. Forgotten Hope 2 (for BF2) appears even greater (here they have released some screenshots)

Galactic Conquest for BF1942 wasnt so great.

where are serious starwars fan modders?

teach to Pandemic how a pc-game should be done making a fantastic sw total conversion for BF2 ..

aviator4yb.jpg

Being a star wars fan has nothing to do with Buying battlefront 2. I dressed as a Jedi for the Episode 3 premiere and I'm not even THINKING of touching it when it comes out.

That not true because i wouldn't buy starwars stuff if i wasn't a starwars fan. Is that what you mean?

Archived