• Form I: Determination (Shii-Cho)
    • Form II: Contention (Makashi)
    • Form III: Resilience (Soresu)
    • Form IV: Aggression (Ataru)
    • Form V: Perseverance (Shien)
    • Form VI: Moderation (Niman)
    • Form VII: Ferocity (Juyo)

• 11 months later...

Niman/Jar'kai is the Dual-Wield form that in the canon is prefered by Revan... though this maybe subject to debate. I actually like it cause of the Master Flurry with Master Speed thrown in (8 attacks in one command. Not many enemies can avoid that many blows nearly at once). That is why my answer is Niman; it is the gateway to Jar'Kai.

I got some of my info when after playing KOTOR; I brought Revan and Bastila into a Multi-versal RP on Yahoo Groups and wanted to be as accurate as possible. I got mine from the Star Wars Wiki as the people who maintain it research the canon. Revan is mentioned in the Niman/Jar'kai as a master and in his file. They do say there is debate as there is a comic that shows visions by a Sith Lord of Revan standing over Malak's body with a single blue or teal (MotF) Lightsaber.

The Revan I played in the game and RP dual-wields lightsabers and is a Guardian(16)/Scout(4).

Also, the combat form Darth Maul is using is Juyo. Went right to Wookiepedia to find out. ^_^

Juyo or Soresu.

With Guardians, Marauders or Weapon Masters, Juyo is the best style and the most useful. High physical stats + Juyo's bonus = immediate kill.

Soresu is a good style because of the Defense bonus which are not as low as some other styles.

Shii-Cho is the default style when the two above are useless. Makashi isn't as strong as Ataru (which is surpassed by Juyo), Djem So (Shien) leaves you defenseless and Niman's bonus are too low to be useful.

But, the Force powers saves decrease with Juyo, so Ataru is a good intermediary when the enemy is a Force-user Jedi/Sith.

I got some of my info when after playing KOTOR; I brought Revan and Bastila into a Multi-versal RP on Yahoo Groups and wanted to be as accurate as possible. I got mine from the Star Wars Wiki as the people who maintain it research the canon. Revan is mentioned in the Niman/Jar'kai as a master and in his file. They do say there is debate as there is a comic that shows visions by a Sith Lord of Revan standing over Malak's body with a single blue or teal (MotF) Lightsaber.

The Revan I played in the game and RP dual-wields lightsabers and is a Guardian(16)/Scout(4).

Also, the combat form Darth Maul is using is Juyo. Went right to Wookiepedia to find out. ^_^

the 'Teal' colored saber was the one recovered from korriban in the tomb of Exar Kun (my favorite saber).

Since the combat looks the same no matter what stance you use, I go purely for stats.

And Shien with the + 1 critical is just very strong. Using Power attack you can ge a x4 critical. Holy ****.

Juyo is good as well, one extra attack is a hell of a lot damage in saber combat.

I would be very interested how the stances actually differ in appearance, but I can't tell.

Except that i like the "precision, speed, elegance and grace" concept of Dooku's style.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived