Home

SW:KotORII-TSL Influence Walkthrough

Achilles

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Influence Walkthrough

Introduction

Acknowledgements

This guide would not have been possible without FindRefs Utility, DLGEditor, and KotOR Tool. Thanks go out to TK102 and Fred Tetra for all of their hard work.

How to Use This Guide

This guide was created to help provide players with the quickest, most reliable means to gain (or lose, depending on what you're after) influence with the various party members found in Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords.

This guide will provide a specific sequence of events, show specific dialog choices and the comments that they are replying to, as well as tell you who should or should not be in your party while you are having the conversation.

If you are familiar with the game, you know that the availability of some NPCs is based on the gender and/or alignment of the PC. This walkthrough will be broken into two sections: Light Side play and Dark Side play. Options for alignment-based NPCs will appear in their respective sections. Options for gender-based NPCs will appear in both sections and it will be the responsibility of the reader to determine which dialog options are not applicable (they will be labeled, so it won't be too hard).

Although I have made every effort to capture all the influence opportunities, I am human. If I missed something, please feel free to contact me with the correction. Confirmed contributions will be noted in future versions and credit will be given accordingly.

Assumptions

This guide has been written with the following assumptions in mind:

1) Players will not want to make Light Side choices while playing Dark Side and vice versa.

2) Players will want to get sufficient influence to unlock special character traits as quickly as possible.

3) Players will use the planet sequence loosely suggested by the developers (based on storyline and module numeration), which is:

Peragus

Harbinger

Telos

Nar Shaddaa

Dxun

Onderon

Dantooine

Dxun - Revisited

Onderon - Revisited

Korriban

Telos - Revisited

Ravager

Malachor V

4) Players (wanting to follow assumption #1) will not go out of their way to gain influence with a party NPC that is clearly diametrically opposed to their PC's alignment (see Stuff You Should Know, If You Don't Already). Exception is made in the case of Kreia due to the fact that she's never happy with your choices, no matter what you do.

5) NPCs that can be influenced without having to choose non-aligned dialog choices will be "turned" to the PC's alignment (i.e. DS NPC that can be brought to the LS without the PC having to make DS choices to gain INF).

Stuff You Should Know, If You Don't Already

1) Almost all of the party member "rewards" can be unlocked by gaining OR LOSING sufficient influence.

2) Trainable party members can still become Jedi if you have <10% INF, however they will adopt the alignment opposite of yours.

3) Some NPCs cannot be influenced without the PC making dialog choice contradictory to their alignment. For example, a LS PC cannot gain INF with HK-47 without making DS choices.

4) All NPCs join your party with 50% influence.

5) You cannot get more than 100% or less than 0% influence with your party members. This means that the usual "Influence Gained/Lost" pop-up will not appear, even if you know you just orchestrated an influence-related dialog with a party member which you maxed out.

Geek Points

WARNING: Only read the following if you want to learn some boring stuff about how the influence system in TSL works!

Ok, there are two ways to gain or lose influence. I refer to these methodologies as Character-Specific Influence (CSI...bleh) and Global Influence (GI).

CSI exists where influence choices are "hard coded" into specific dialogs. The dialog will make a conditional check to see if the required NPC is in your party and then will present the INF opportunity when appropriate. These INF opportunities are always going to be tied directly to something that you SAY. An example is the first cut scene onboard the Harbinger. Kreia-specific dialog options are there along side Atton-specific options. Complimenting or insulting them via dialog with either gain or cost you influence.

GI is a little different in that it is a little more passive in design and that the opportunities are usually based on something that you DO. GI is broken into three categories: Good, Cunning, and Psychotic. The most common example of GI in TSL is cold-blooded homicide (Psychotic). Anyone who has played TSL as a DS character will know that you can kill a lot of people for no reason. Depending on who is in your party, some NPCs might congratulate you on your ruthlessness, while others chide your morality. As such you will gain INF with one, but lose INF with the other. The beauty is that the party members could be Atton and Kreia, Atton and Bao-Dur, Bao-Dur and Mandalore, etc.

Although GI is usually fired by a dialog choice that you make, it can also be triggered by an action (i.e. someone leaving, someone dying, etc). Not really a big deal, but just kind of interesting. If this doesn't make much sense, don't worry. It's not important and isn't required reading for this guide. If you did take the time to read this, realize that your brain probably pushed out important information to make room for this garbage. Sorry.

Known Issues/Bugs

Influence opportunities found in the Refugee Quad on Nar Shaddaa yield 2-6 INF points instead of the usual 8.

Due to what appears to be some last minute decision making, Mandalore's influence is essentially unfinished. With so little work with, his influence track has been excluded from this document entirely (don't worry, you weren't missing much).

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rewards for Gaining/Losing Influence

Trainable Party NPCs and Their Jedi Classes:

PC is Light Side...

...and Influence <10

Atton – Dark Jedi Sentinel

Bao-Dur – Dark Jedi Guardian

Disciple – Dark Jedi Consular

Handmaiden – Dark Jedi Guardian

Mira – Dark Jedi Sentinel

...and Influence >90

Atton – Jedi Sentinel

Bao-Dur – Jedi Guardian

Disciple – Jedi Consular

Handmaiden – Jedi Guardian

Mira – Jedi Sentinel

PC is Dark Side...

...and Influence <10

Atton – Jedi Sentinel

Bao-Dur – Jedi Guardian

Disciple – Jedi Consular

Handmaiden – Jedi Guardian

Mira – Jedi Sentinel

...and Influence >90

Atton – Dark Jedi Sentinel

Bao-Dur – Dark Jedi Guardian

Disciple – Dark Jedi Consular

Handmaiden – Dark Jedi Guardian

Mira – Dark Jedi Sentinel

Disciple Rewards

500 XP for getting him to talk about your time together at the Enclave before the Mandalorian Wars. He can also be trained in a Jedi class.

G0-T0 Rewards

750 XP for speaking to him regarding his dealings with Vogga the Hutt.

2000 XP for convincing him to share his origins with you.

Hanharr Rewards

+1 Widsom and 1500 XP for speaking to Hanharr about your acts at Malachor V.

+1 Constitution and 1500 XP for forming a bond with Hanharr.

1000 XP for breaking Hanharr's will (in addition to the +2 Strength/-2 Intelligence that he gains).

HK-47 Rewards

+1 to Reflex, +1 to Wisdom, +1 to Constitution, +10 Force Point, and 1000 XP for the first lesson in killing Jedi.

+1 to Reflex, +1 to Wisdom, +1 to Constitution, +10 Force Point, and 1000 XP for the second lesson in killing Jedi.

Kreia Rewards

1000 XP for convincing her to tell you about her history with the Dark Side (Malachor V cutscene).

+1 Awareness, +6 Force Points, and 500 XP for accepting the Lesson of Listening.

1500 XP for convincing her to tell you about her history with Revan.

500 XP and +6 Force Points for continuing the Lesson of Listening.

1000 XP and +6 Force Points for completing the Lesson of Skills.

Mandalore Rewards

Some back story between Revan and Mandalore after you gain more than 79% influence with him.

T3-M4 Influence Rewards

1st Computer upgrade: +1 to his Intelligence and 250 XP.

2nd Computer upgrade: +1 to his Intelligence and 500 XP.

1st Repair upgrade: +1 to his Constitution and 250 XP.

2nd Repair upgrade: +1 to his Dexterity and 500 XP.

3rd Repair upgrade: +1 to his Constitution, +1 to his Dexterity, and 750 XP.

Final Computer/Repair upgrade: +1 to your Wisdom, +10 Force Points, and 1750 XP. Additionally, you will learn Moving Meditation which will allow you to restore T3-M4's VP and your FP if you speak to him after a battle.

Visas Rewards

500 XP, Force Sight, and +10 Force Points.

[align=center]The Light Side Walkthrough[/align]

The Harbinger

Atton - Influence Increase - "Atton's plan was a good one - let's head to the bridge and get the drift charts." after Kreia chides that "Our enemies gather while we wait here." (Atton: 58).

Atton - Influence Increase - "We'll have to be careful, then. But we have to keep moving." after he cautions "I have a bad feeling about this" (Atton: 66).

Peragus

T3-M4 - Influence Increase - "Don't blame yourself. If you hadn't gotten us out of the administration level, we'd have never made it this far." while he's telling you about being ambushed by the HK-50 unit (T3-M4: 58). Talk to T3-M4 again and ask him about being damaged. Tell him "Well, I'm sure you'll gain that skill back. I'm glad to have you along." when the opportunity presents itself for an influence increase (T3-M4: 66).

Ebon Hawk - Escape From Peragus

Kreia - Influence Decrease - Speak to Kreia and discuss the events that just occurred on Peragus. When she states "That does not surprise me - any more than you hearing my thoughts when we were apart. The pain, however, was unexpected; if I could, I would have shielded you from it." reply with "If I could, I would have protected you." (Kreia: 42).

Continue to speak to her, stating "I would welcome whatever aid you offer." after she offers to help you reestablish your connection to the Force (Kreia: 50).

Telos

NOTE: Be sure to speak to one of Handmaiden's sisters about Atton's Echani training in order to unlock the "Echani Training" dialog options with Atton later in the game.

Bao-Dur - Influence Increase - After he wakes up and says "I... am sorry, General. I must have lost consciousness in the crash." reply with "There is nothing to apologize for. Are you sure you're okay?" followed by "Are you well enough to travel?" and "Come with me, then. I could use your help." when available (Bao-Dur: 74).

T3-M4 - Influence Increase - Either "It wasn't your fault they took the ship, T3." or "Look, I'm just glad I found you." after recovering him in the Hidden Academy (T3-M4: 74).

Ebon Hawk - Escape From Telos

NOTE: Many of the INF opportunities in this section are related to Handmaiden. If your PC is female, then Handmaiden will not appear during this exchange and the INF options listed here will not apply. Female PCs will instead meet up with Disciple on Dantooine. From this point forward, entries for Handmaiden and Disciple may be found side-by-side.

Handmaiden - Influence Increase - "I will take whatever help I can get." after she states that she is there to aid you (Handmaiden: 58). Later in the conversation select either "Don't let them bother you - we've just been through a lot." or "Look, forget Atton. Take the regular quarters, we have enough room." after Atton relegates her to the cargo hold (Handmaiden: 66).

Afterwards, go speak to Handmaiden and initiate the first of three duels. If you win, you will gain influence with her (Handmaiden: 74). After your first duel, speak to the Handmaiden again and ask her, "Why do you look different than your sisters?" follow this lengthy dialog for a while, choosing the Light Side responses along the way. Eventually, she will swear allegiance to you, gaining you even more influence with her (Handmaiden: 82).

NOTE: After you've finished speaking to Handmaiden, seek out Kreia. She will eventually begin to question the amount of time that you are spending with Handmaiden. Stick to Light Side options here and finish the conversation. She will mention Handmaiden's Jedi heritage, unlocking a vital dialog option that will allow you to gain influence with Handmaiden later in the game. You can go speak to Handmaiden again, however you will not have sufficient influence with her to complete that portion of the dialog.

Kreia - Influence Decrease - Talk to Kreia again. She will mention that you are getting more powerful and then blather on for a while about your conduct. Most of the dialog options you will be given are harmless, neither gaining nor losing you and influence points. Toward the end of the conversation though, you will have to choose from yet another set of catch-22 responses. Select "They are loyal companions - and I will not harm them.", "I will never abandon my friends in such a way.", or "I do not turn on my allies like the Jedi turned on their own during the wars." to lose more influence over Kreia (Kreia: 42).

Speak to Kreia again and ask her why she doesn't like Handmaiden. When she cautions "Do not see every enemy as an enemy - see them instead as an ally, whether they realize it or not. This situation may yet work to our advantage.", reply with "I do not see the Handmaiden as an enemy, and neither should you." (Kreia: 34)

T3-M4 - Influence Increase - Find T3-M4 and ask him, "How's the Ebon Hawk". Reply to answer with either "T3, I really appreciate your help." or "Good job - glad to hear it." (T3-M4: 82). Now ask T3-M4 to show the list of Jedi Masters again. When he's finished tell him, "Oh, I'm not angry. I wish you'd wiped the database before you left." (T3-M4: 90).

Last one. This influence opportunity will only be available if your Intelligence is at least 14 and your Computer Usage Skill is at least 10. Use whatever boosting items and Force powers you have, and then go speak to T3-M4 one last time. You should now see, "[intelligence] How did you get here, T3?" in your list of dialog options. Follow this up with "[Computer] Let me check your core. I'll be careful, I promise." and then "I want to make sure you're all right. Just let me check, all right?". This will unlock a hidden message that he is storing. Depending on Revan's gender and alignment, you'll find a message from either Bastila or Carth. There are more Light Side and influence opportunities after the message is finished playing however, you've already maxed out your INF with T3-M4, so you can opt to end the conversation now. If you haven't already, make sure that you've beefed up your Computer Usage and Repair skills and get to work on T3-M4 for some really cool upgrades and XP (T3-M4: 100)

Atton - Influence Increase - Remember the conversation that you had with Handmaiden's sisters? This is where that aside will pay off. Go speak to Atton and ask him about his Echani training. Choose "I was just asking - no harm meant. I just thought it could be an asset." when it becomes available (Atton: 74).

NOTE: There are no additional influence opportunities at this time. Go the Galaxy Map and head for Nar Shaddaa.

Nar Shaddaa

NOTE: Continuing with the "reap what you sow" theme, there are a few things that you must be sure to do on Nar Shaddaa in order to guarantee influence opportunities later. To be specific, you will be unable to unlock vital dialog options with G0-T0 later in the game if you do not hack the swoop racing droid in the Refugee Landing Pad and the Pazaak droid in the Entertainment Promenade. Furthermore, you must also complete the Experiments in Delivery Bonus Mission involving the Bith scientist in the flophouses.

Kreia - Influence Decrease - "That is a lesson I will never learn, for I do not believe it." in response to "And that is my lesson to you. Be careful of charity and kindness, lest you do more harm with open hands than with a clenched fist." after meeting the third beggar in the landing pad area (Kreia: 26)

Bao-Dur - Influence Increase/Kreia - Influence Decrease - With Kreia and Bao-Dur in your party, approach Rutum (a beggar being threatened by a small group of Exchange enforcers) over near the Entertainment Promenade. Convince the enforcers to leave without a fight and then let Rutum leave unharmed for a triple dose of INF with Bao-Dur and an INF decrease with Kreia. There are many ways to achieve these objectives, so I won't list them all here (they should be fairly obvious). It is highly recommended that you do anything you can to bolster your Persuade skill. Also note that you will now have sufficient INF with Bao-Dur to train him as a Jedi Guardian (Bao-Dur: 98/Kreia: 18).

NOTE: You will have to speak to Bao-Dur several times and go through each of the main dialog options available before you can unlock the "training" portion of your conversation.

NOTE: Select whomever you would like for your party and then head over to the Docks. Complete as much or as little as of Nar Shaddaa as you would like, however do not go to Goto's Yacht and do proceed to the Refugee Quad without reading further. It is recommended that you at least gather the parts you'll need for the Broken Airspeeder side quest and initiate the Intergalactic Reunification Bonus Mission before heading down to the Quad.

Atton - Influence Increase - With Kreia and Atton in your party, head down to the Refugee Quad. Speak to Geriel and heal him. Afterwards, Atton will say "Well, guess the Jedi Code is still alive and well.". Reply with "Anyone in need deserves our help, if we are capable of it." for a double dose of influence (Atton: 90). Head toward the Serroco side of the Quad and trigger the cut scene with the two Twi'lek that will clue you in on Atton's history.

Kreia - Influence Decrease - Now go speak to Nadaa about her daughter Adana. Agree to help her and head up to the Exchange portion of the Quad to negotiate Adana's release with Saquesh. Successfully persuading Saquesh to hand over Adana for less than 1000 credits will gain you Light Side points and cost you influence with Kreia (Kreia: 10). Now finish up what business you have left in the Refugee Quad and prepare to head back to the Docks.

NOTE: When you leave the Refugee Quad, you will trigger a cut scene back at the Ebon Hawk. Your ship has been "commandeered" by the Red Eclipse, a group of Trandoshan slavers that don't like the fact that you've parked your ship in their spot. Finish up your business in the Docks before heading back to the ship. Once you board the Ebon Hawk, you will be flying solo for a while and you might not be able to complete many of the missions that are currently available.

Atton - Influence Increase - Once you have left the Refugee Quad, speak to Atton and let him know that you have some questions. Mention the Twi'lek that you just spoke to and comment that "He says you're not "Atton" at all. That you showed up on Nar Shaddaa during the Jedi Civil War.". Atton will flip his lid now, but if you tread carefully, everything will be ok. Ask "Is there anything you want to tell me?" and then follow up with "Calm down, I just wanted to know. No harm meant." (Atton: 98). Use your judgment to proceed from here.

Eventually, you'll get an opportunity to chime in with "I'd like to know about your past, especially if we're traveling together.". Atton seems to become a little bi-polar here, because all of a sudden he becomes rather amicable. Just keep going, and avoid Dark Side responses. Atton will chatter on for a while longer, but you now have more than sufficient influence to finish his training, making him a Jedi Sentinel.

Handmaiden - Influence Increase/Kreia - Influence Decrease - Now that you've made you way back to the Docks, add Handmaiden to your party and head back to Lootra's flophouse. Assuming that you've completed everything up to this point, Aaida and Lootra should now be reunited. After following all of the Light Side options, you should receive a lightsaber component and yet another scolding from Kreia. Choosing to stand up for you allies will cost you influence with Kreia, but gain you influence with Handmaiden (Handmaiden: 90/Kreia: 2)

NOTE: You now have sufficient influence to train Handmaiden, however just as you had to trigger the conversation with the Twi'leks before you train Atton, you must complete the last two sparring matches with Handmaiden before she can become a Jedi Guardian. Additionally, you should now have all the pieces that you need to build your lightsaber. If you are so inclined, add Bao-Dur back to your party and ask him to assemble your weapon. If you're ready, head back the Ebon Hawk to confront the Red Eclipse.

Ebon Hawk

NOTE: With everything else pretty much sewn up, the only place left to go is back to the Ebon Hawk to deal with the Red Eclipse. Once you enter and finish your business with the slavers, you should trigger the duel that allows Visas to enter your party. Not only will you get more than a few opportunities to gain influence with her right away, you'll be able to open up some influence-granting dialog options with some of your other party members.

If you are playing as a Male PC, it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that once you max your influence with Visas, avoid speaking to Handmaiden while onboard the Ebon Hawk until after you have maxed your influence with her as well. If your influence is with Visas is greater than your influence with Handmaiden and you speak to Handmaiden on the Ebon Hawk, she will become upset and refuse to speak to you for the remainder of the game.

Visas - Influence Increase - After the fight, she will state "My life... for yours.". Respond with either "Look, you're wounded. Stand, let me get you to the medbay." or "I will not kill you." followed by "I will not kill a helpless opponent." (Visas: 58)

Handmaiden - Influence Increase - Your PC should now be at a high enough level to initiate the second sparring match with Handmaiden. Win and you'll gain influence with Handmaiden (Handmaiden: 98). After the match she will question you regarding your trial with the Jedi Counsel. Regardless of your response, you will gain influence with Handmaiden once again (Handmaiden: 100).

NOTE: There is still one more duel that you must win before you will be able to train Handmaiden, however you can now proceed with Visas without fear of alienating her. Go speak to Visas now.

Visas - Influence Increase - Seek out Visas and initiate a conversation with her. She'll start off with "My life for yours". Respond with "Are you all right?" (Visas: 66) followed by "That's not what I asked. I asked if you were all right." and then either "I didn't mean to hurt you." or "In medbay, I... we... noticed you have scars. Who hurt you?" (Visas: 74). Now direct the conversation toward her Master by asking "Who sent you?". Follow this up with "I need to know where I can find your Master." and "Ready?". Respond to her argument with "My life is unimportant - your Master threatens more than just me." (Visas: 82) followed by "If he is behind what has befallen the Jedi, then he must be stopped." (Visas: 90).

When the option becomes available again, tell her that you have other questions for her. Select "I have heard your species is blind. How are you able to see?" and then follow it up with "You sound as if that sight is lost to you.". She will then go on about her Master. Select "When one endures, it gives hope to others - and themselves." (Visas: 98) and then ask her "How do you see through the Force?". She will then teach you to use Force Sight. Go ahead and end the conversation here. Before you go, she will stop you with a question. Respond with "Because I believe you can be saved." (Visas: 100). Now seek out Kreia.

Kreia - Influence Increase - Your efforts to lose influence with Kreia will now pay off, due to the fact that you have alienated her enough to speak about her past with Revan. Satisfy your curiosity and when you are finished you will be rewarded with XP and increased influence over Kreia (Kreia: 10).

Initiate another conversation with Kreia and mention that Visas did something to your eyes while you were fighting. This will open up the Lesson of Listening, where she teaches you to feel others through the Force. Accepting this lesson will gain you influence with her along with some other small rewards (Kreia: 18).

Speak to Kreia again and indicate that you wish to continue the Lesson of Listening. When you are finished with you gain more influence with her as well as some other rewards for completing the lesson (Kreia: 26). Go speak to Atton.

Atton - Influence Increase - After you have finished the Lesson of Listening with Kreia, head to the cockpit to speak with Atton. Ask him why he plays Pazaak in his head and when he eventually says, "Because if you don't, you've left the door open. And anyone could walk right in." toward the end of the conversation, reply with "Atton, before, I felt your mind. With Kreia's help. I'm sorry.". For completing this dialog, you will gain +1 to your Will saves and max your influence over Atton (Atton: 100).

NOTE: You're now finished with all the influence opportunities that are available to you at this time. Once you leave the Ebon Hawk, you will trigger the rendezvous with Visquis in the Jekk'Jekk Tarr.

Nar Shaddaa

NOTE: By the time that you return from your trip to Goto's Yacht, you should have 3 new party members: G0-T0, HK-47, and Mira. Considering HK-47 a party member is a stretch because technically, you will only have all of the parts that you need to finish repairing him and not the completed droid himself, but let's not split hairs. Both of the new droids tend toward the Dark Side, however G0-T0 can be swayed to the Light Side without incurring any Dark Side points. HK-47 on the other hand is a lost cause. Your goal will be to lose influence with him. Last, but not least, there is Mira. She is definitely a Light Side character and just as it was with Visas, you can gain sufficient influence with Mira to train her in just one dialog.

It is important that you NOT take this opportunity to finish your business with Vogga the Hutt. There are limited chances to gain influence with G0-T0 without compromising your alignment. Speaking to Vogga re: G0-T0 or fuel for Telos will cancel out any opportunity you have to unlock G0-T0's rewards later.

Mira - Influence Increase - Once you complete Goto's Yacht and make your way back to Nar Shaddaa, add Mira to your party (if she isn't there already) and ask her "Why don't you kill your targets?". With sufficient Awareness, you should be able to follow this up with "[Awareness] Because all life is connected, and Malachor proved it - you know what the loss of family means, even to your targets.". This really upsets Mira. Carefully negotiate the rest of your dialog choices until she finally tells you "Get away from me. The next time you come and ask me a question, I swear I'll shoot you in the head and dump you out the airlock."

Speak to her again and she will kick things off with "What do you want now?". Reply with "I wanted to apologize." for an influence increase (Mira: 58). She will calm down quite a bit so follow this up with "Still, I'm sorry you lost your family at Malachor.". Both this dialog choice and her response will gain you influence (Mira: 74). She will continue on for a while, but you will eventually have an opportunity to say "All things are connected through the Force. From such acts of kindness, great things may come." for another influence gain (Mira: 82).

Now turn the conversation toward Hanharr. There are many directions to take this conversation and I won't boor you by listing them all here. The important thing to watch for is when Mira is talking about her relationship with Hanharr after the life debt was established. She will recall how Hanharr told her "That I would always be prey." (referring to herself). Reply with "Sometimes it is stronger to spare a life than take it." for the final boost of influence that you will need (Mira: 90)

NOTE: You will need to speak to Mira again while on the Ebon Hawk to trigger the dialog that will allow you to train her. Finish your business on Nar Shaddaa and head back to the ship.

Ebon Hawk

Mira - Influence Increase - Back on the Ebon Hawk, find Mira and speak to her. Get the conversation going and then tell her "You seem restless." when the option is available. Stick to first responses until after she agrees to listen with you on Nar Shaddaa. Luckily, you haven't left yet, so it's just a matter of getting off of the ship again and heading to the spot where the cut scene with Kreia was triggered over by the Entertainment Promenade. Go there now and complete Mira's Jedi training. Even though it isn't really necessary, you will have picked up more influence with Mira during this conversation (Mira: 98).

Kreia - Influence Increase - At this point you should be able to convince Kreia to teach you the lesson of skills. Simply follow the dialog and agree to accept the task she's set before you (Kreia: 34).

G0-T0 - Influence Increase - Go speak to G0-T0. Get around to asking him what skills the droid possesses and then end the conversation with "Those can all prove an asset. Good to have you standing with us - I mean, floating with us." (G0-T0: 58).

NOTE: Now is as good as time as any to finish repairing HK-47. At this point you should have all the parts you need, so head over and complete this bonus mission. Once he springs to life, he will initiate a dialog with you, however there are no influence opportunities during this first exchange. Once you have received confirmation that he has joined your party, speak to him again.

HK-47 - Influence Decrease - Your first real conversation with HK-47 might seem a little abrupt. He's not very happy that you appear to be following the Light Side. When the option is available, select "I am not proud of what I did during the Wars - and I do not wish to discuss it.". This is the only influence-related dialog available at this time, so feel free to end the conversation at any point once you've made this statement (HK-47: 42).

NOTE: You're all done with Nar Shaddaa. Head to the Galaxy Map and set coordinates for Dxun/Onderon.

Dxun

NOTE: There are a handful of influence opportunities on Dxun, however none of them are applicable to your party at this point. If you haven't already, be sure to pick up Force Persuade at one of your level ups. You'll need it once you get to Onderon.

Concerning Mandalore, it is important to note that there is no Light Side way to gain influence with him. Additionally, there are insufficient influence losing opportunities to facilitate unlocking his rewards that way.

Onderon

HK-47 - Influence Decrease - In the Iziz Spaceport you will be confronted by a guard on your way to the Merchant Quarter. Use Force Persuade to get past the guard with minimum fuss. HK-47 will question your actions. Respond with "Power must be used responsibly. I couldn't risk answering his questions." to lose influence here (HK-47: 34).

G0-T0 - Influence Increase - Head over to the Western Square and speak to 1B-8D. Attempt to hack into him, but allow G0-T0 to do it for you (G0-T0: 66).

Speak to G0-T0 again and ask him to tell you about his operations on Nar Shaddaa, then ask him about Vogga the Hutt. Stick with first dialog choices until you come back to the main dialog tree and then exit out. Selecting "I agree. Dealing with the Hutts would only hurt the Republic and its people in the long run." increased your influence (G0-T0: 74)

Head back to the Merchant Quarter, where Ponlar is still trying to get his revolution off the ground. Do not opt for any of the available Persuade/Force Persuade choices, rather tell the guard to grab back up. Follow this up with "I will do what I can." to gain influence with G0-T0 (G0-T0: 82).

Interestingly, this is all the influence that is required with G0-T0. Speak to him again and comment that "A lot of your operations on Nar Shaddaa were carried out by droids.". Follow this conversation to its end, pointing out each of the odd droid-related incidents that you encountered while you were on Nar Shaddaa. He will eventually come clean about his origins and your influence related dealings with G0-T0 will be at an end.

HK-47 - Influence Decrease - After your meeting with Kavar, in the cantina, HK-47 will be spoiling for a good fight. Put him in check with "No, HK. You are not to throw grenades at or near civilians." to lose influence with him (HK-47: 26).

NOTE: At this point, you've done everything you can on this trip to Onderon. Time to take the shuttle back to Dxun to see how the Ebon Hawk's repairs are coming along.

Ebon Hawk

NOTE: Your PC should now be at a high enough level to initiate the final sparring match with Handmaiden. Win and you'll be able to train her as a Jedi Guardian. Once you're finished, find the Galaxy Map and head for Dantooine.

Dantooine

NOTE: As mentioned earlier in this walkthrough, female PCs will meet their last party member on Dantooine. Disciple can be found in the sublevel of the Jedi Enclave. Luckily, it is remarkably easy to gain influence with him (ala Visas or Mira). Additionally, you will be able to finish your business with G0-T0 and HK-47 while you are here.

It is important that you remember to add Bao-Dur to your party prior to entering the Crystal Cave. Failure to do so will cause you to miss a critical influence-related dialog with HK-47 after you complete the bonus mission for Saedhe.

Bao-Dur - Influence Increase - After accepting the Sensor Search Bonus Mission from Saedhe, head inside the Crystal Cave with Bao-Dur in tow. Follow first dialog options until you have the opportunity to either let Bao-Dur open the sensors or take advantage of your Repair skills to do the same. Either way you will gain influence with Bao-Dur, provided that you compliment him on his work if you let him do it. Finish the cave or head back out to Saedhe (Bao-Dur: 100).

HK-47 - Influence Decrease - Now that you know what's inside the sensors, go speak to Saedhe again. Mention that you found something inside, and when he offers you 5000 credits for the sensors instead of the original 3000, politely decline the offer. This Light Side act with chafe with HK-47 and you will lose even more influence over him (HK-47: 18).

Later, after finding Akkere's Hydrospanner logded inside one of the droids inside Khoonda, seek out the Sullustan for an explanation. With HK-47 in your party, confront Akkere, but then let him off the hook once you discover the story behind what you've found. Once again, HK-47 bristles against your gesture and you will lose influence with him (HK-47: 10). You have now lost enough influence that you will be able to convince HK-47 to give you pointers on killing Jedi (thereby unlocking his rewards).

NOTE: Unlike some of your other party members, Disciple requires 98% influence before you'll be able to train him to become a Jedi. The good news is that isn't very hard to accomplish.

Disciple - Influence Increase - Immediately after Disiple joins your party, speak to him. He will say "There is something I have observed, and now I feel I must say it.". He will continue to go on about your alignment with the Light Side. Respond with one of the Light Side options and then after he says "I fear the stories that were spoken of you have misrepresented you. And if I have the opportunity, I shall reverse them whenever they arise.", respond with "I thank you for your kind words, but they are not necessary." (Disciple: 66).

When you go to leave, he will stop you with an observation and a question. When prompted, respond with "I left to protect the innocents on the Outer Rim.". When Disciple asks if you have a recording of the trial, tell him either "Yes, the droid has a holo-recording of it." or "T3-M4 has a copy of it.". Follow this up with either "You are free to do so." or "I trust you - go ahead." (Disciple: 82).

Speak to Disciple again and he will tell you that he has been reviewing the holorecord of your trial. Just follow this dialog for a while, sticking to neutral responses. When the opportunity arises, select "Are you sure I don't know you? You look familiar - more so than before.". He will admit that you knew each other previously and then go on a lengthy diatribe. Feel free to stick around for a bit or end the dialog at the first opportunity (Disciple: 90).

One last dialog to go. Talk to Disciple and ask him to tell you about his training on Dantooine. When the option is available tell him "I am sorry if my leaving ruined your chances of becoming a Jedi Knight." (Disciple: 98). Follow this up with "I could train you to feel the Force again." and then sit back and watch the training unfold.

NOTE: Even though Disciple is now a Jedi, your abilty to profit from your influcence over him is not nearly over. Once you get back to the Ebon Hawk, be sure to speak to him more about his medical background, meditation habits, and more.

[align=center]The Dark Side Walkthrough[/align]

The Harbinger

Kreia - Influence Decrease - "Watch that tone, old woman - I will not be lectured by you" after she reminds you that "Our enemies gather while we wait here." (Kreia: 42).

NOTE: Once you make it onto the Engine Deck, Atton will interrupt with a premonition. There are some influence laden responses here, however you goal is to avoid either gaining or losing influence at this point. You can accomplish this by responding to his comments with "What's wrong?" followed by "Save your feelings for when we're out of here.".

Peragus

T3-M4 - Influence Decrease - "We may still have a use for you. Follow me." while he's telling you about being ambushed by the HK-50 unit (T3-M4: 42).

Ebon Hawk - Escape From Peragus

Kreia - Influence Increase - "If your training brings me power, then I will listen." after she offers to help you reestablish your connection to the Force (Kreia: 50).

Telos

Atton - Influence Increase/Kreia - Influence Decrease - After making an impression on the local law enforcement, head out into Residential Module 082 East (Apartments). Head across the hall to the cluster of apartments opposite those you just left. In the center apartment is a footlocker that you can ransack. After doing so, you will be approached by the apartment's righful resident. Pick a fight and kill him to gain influence with Atton and lose influence with Kreia (Atton: 58/Kreia: 42).

Atton - Influence Increase - While running errands for Luxa, you'll be asked to collect a debt from Opo Chano. Remove Kreia from your party before speaking with Opo, then take a hard line with him and kill him when you get the chance. Another influence increase with Atton (Atton: 66).

After that, you'll finally get your chance to meet with Lopak Slusk. While on your way to the meeting, kill the receptionist for yet another influence bump (Atton: 74). Feel free to leave the module and add Kreia back to your party before you proceed to your confrontation with Lopak Slusk.

Bao-Dur - Influence Decrease - Inside the Underground Base, you will encounter a Czerka employee that's been trapped there. Follow the Dark Side options until you have a chance to kill him and get your first influence decrease with Bao-Dur (Bao-Dur: 42).

Bao-Dur - Influence Decrease - Seek out your party members after arriving in the Secret Academy. After Bao-Dur wakes up and says "I... am sorry, General. I must have lost consciousness in the crash." reply with either "We could have used you earlier when we were ambushed. Do not fail me again." or "I have no use for a soldier who falls at the first sign of combat. Be on your guard in the future.". Follow this up with "This'll be your new home if your wounds could slow me down. Understand?" and "Just go to the ship - I will deal with your failure later." when available (Bao-Dur: 18).

T3-M4 - Influence Decrease - After recovering T3-M4 in the Hidden Academy, select "Don't waste my time with excuses." while discussing his capture (T3-M4: 34).

Ebon Hawk - Escape From Telos

NOTE: Many of the INF opportunities in this section are related to Handmaiden. If your PC is female, then Handmaiden will not appear during this exchange and the INF options listed here will not apply. Female PCs will instead meet up with Disciple on Dantooine. From this point forward, entries for Handmaiden and Disciple may be found side-by-side.

Handmaiden - Influence Increase - Interestingly, your objective during your very first influential meeting with Handmaiden is to avoid influence-related options altogether. Unfortunately, this isn't possible, but you can minimize the damage. During the cutscene select "Do you think we need help?" followed by "When you put it like that, then welcome aboard.". While this isn't exactly Dark Side, it is important to note that the Dark Side options would have cost you influence that would be impossible to regain without gaining Light Side points. For the final part of this conversation, select either "Look, forget Atton. Take the regular quarters, we have enough room." or "Don't let them bother you - we've just been through a lot." (Handmaiden: 58).

After the cutscene, the gloves come off so go speak to Handmaiden and initiate the first of three duels with her. If you win, you will gain influence with her (Handmaiden: 66).

With that accomplished go back and select "I wanted to ask you about Atris.". Stick with first option until you get to the part where she states "I see. I have asked you many questions - I did not mean to. They are questions that have gathered over years, and I did not wish to ask Atris.". Reply with "Only fools fear questions - and their answers." (Handmaiden: 74).

NOTE: It is important that you ask her about Atris before getting to 69% influence or higher. Apparently, once Handmaiden starts taking a liking to you, the subject of Atris makes her moody.

Speak to her one more time and ask her "Why do you look different than your sisters?". You will have sufficient influcence to unlock convince her to share her family history. The objective here is to make it to the end of the conversation where she swears alligience to you. If you make it there, you will gain another dose of influence (Handmaiden: 82).

NOTE: After you've finished speaking to Handmaiden, seek out Kreia. She seems upset that others are joining you. Stick with Dark Side options and end this conversation as soon as it runs it course. Now talk to her again and she will begin to question the amount of time that you are spending with Handmaiden. Stick to Neutral/Dark Side options here and finish the conversation. She will mention Handmaiden's Jedi heritage, unlocking a vital dialog option that will allow you to gain influence with Handmaiden later in the game. You can go speak to Handmaiden again, however you will not have sufficient influence with her to complete that portion of the dialog.

Kreia - Influence Increase - Talk to Kreia again. She will mention that you are getting more powerful and then caution you about falling to the Dark Side. You will eventually come to a point in the conversation where you have to comment on your regard for your party members. Select "Then I shall view you as disposable, then." (Kreia: 50).

After this, let Kreia know that you have more questions and then ask her why she doesn't like Handmaiden. Again, just stick with Dark Side options, specifically either "Agreed. We need every tool we can get if Atris tries anything." or "I will keep in that mind - and watch the Handmaiden carefully." after she says "Do not see every enemy as an enemy - see them instead as an ally, whether they realize it or not. This situation may yet work to our advantage." (Kreia: 58).

T3-M4 - Influence Decrease - Find T3-M4 and ask him, "How's the Ebon Hawk". Reply to answer with either "Just be sure it stays that way, or we'll be using you for spare parts." or "Keep up the routine maintenance. If something goes wrong, I'll hold you responsible." (T3-M4: 26). Now ask T3-M4 to show the list of Jedi Masters again. When he's finished tell him, "If you do that again, I'll have you memory wiped. Understand?" (T3-M4: 18).

Last one. This influence opportunity will only be available if your Intelligence is at least 14 and your Computer Usage Skill is at least 10. Use whatever boosting items and Force powers you have, and then go speak to T3-M4 one last time. You should now see, "[intelligence] How did you get here, T3?" in your list of dialog options. Follow this up with "[Computer] That does it. I'm going to rip out your module and get some answers." and then "I don't care what damage it could cause - I want to know what you're hiding.". This will unlock a hidden message that he is storing. Depending on Revan's gender and alignment, you'll find a message from either Bastila or Carth.

There are more Dark Side influence opportunities after the message is finished playing however, you've already bottomed-out your influence with T3-M4, so you can opt to end the conversation now. If you haven't already, make sure that you've beefed up your Computer Usage and Repair skills and get to work on T3-M4 for some really cool upgrades and XP (T3-M4: 02)

NOTE: There are no additional influence opportunities at this time. Go the Galaxy Map and head for Nar Shaddaa.

Nar Shaddaa

NOTE: Continuing with the "reap what you sow" theme, there are a few things that you must be sure to do on Nar Shaddaa in order to guarantee influence opportunities later. To be specific, you will be unable to unlock vital dialog options with G0-T0 later in the game if you do not hack the swoop racing droid in the Refugee Landing Pad and the Pazaak droid in the Entertainment Promenade. Furthermore, you must also complete the Experiments in Delivery Bonus Mission involving the Bith scientist in the flophouses.

After the initial cutscene on the landing pad, turn around and enter the Ebon Hawk to trigger the duel that allows Visas to enter your party.

Ebon Hawk

Visas - Influence Increase - After you defeat her in battle, select "And what have you to offer more than your life?", "You pledge yourself to me?", or " I am in need of servants, not corpses." when she states "My life for yours" (Visas: 58).

Handmaiden - Influence Decrease - After the scene in the medbay, Handmaiden will state "She is a threat to us.". Reply with "She is useful, and I do not mean to kill her yet." (Handmaiden: 74).

Kreia - Influence Increase - When you speak to Kreia next, she will question your relationship with Visas. Stick to Dark Side choices here and when she says "Her presence here is a threat to us. To you. Do not underestimate her... or her loyalty.", reply with "Ties to her master, perhaps. And I intend to follow that bond to its source when the opportunity presents itself." (Kreia: 66).

Initiate another conversation with Kreia and mention that Visas did something to your eyes while you were fighting. This will open up the Lesson of Listening, where she teaches you to feel others through the Force. Accepting this lesson will gain you influence with her along with some other small rewards (Kreia: 74).

Note: With that small task behind you, leave the Ebon Hawk again.

Nar Shaddaa

Kreia - Influence Increase - After making your way to Tienn Tubb's shop and speaking to him about changing the Ebon Hawk's transponder codes, you will be approached by his droid with a task. Return to TT-32 with either the droid he requested or it's memory core. With sufficient Intelligence, you will see an option to "negotiate" a discount on Tienn's goods. Successfully close this deal to earn influence for your cunning (Kreia: 82).

NOTE: You will need to have the Influence Dialog Patch installed before you go on to the next section. Without it, you will be unable to get the airspeeder part off of Lasavvou's corpse. This item is required for your final influence shift with Bao-Dur . If you miss this one, your next (and last) chance to influence Bao-Dur isn't until Dantooine, so you're better off completing your business here.

Atton - Influence Increase - Head over to the Docks and with only Atton in your party, pick a fight with the crew of the Lunar Shadow, the small group of aliens in flophouses. Kill them all for an influence gain (Atton: 82). Go around the corner and do the same with Lasavvou, the grounded Ithorian (Atton: 90). Finally, go two doors down and murder Lootra. You'll get the third part you need to build your lightsaber as well as an influence increase (Atton: 98).

NOTE: Now that Lootra is dead, do not help Aaida clear the way to return to her husband. If you do, Lootra will reappear, Aaida will join him, you'll get Light Side points, and you'll reopen the quest with no way to close it. Your best bet is to let "the bouncers" in the Refugee Quad live, then trick Aaida into trying to make her way to the Docks.

You now have sufficient influence over Atton to make him a Dark Jedi Sentinel, however you must first unlock this necessary dialog option by triggering the cutscene with the two Twi'leks in the Refugee Quad before you can actually do it. Once you've met up with them and learned about Atton's history, you can speak to him again to complete his training.

Now that you've cleaned (flop)house, collect the rest of the pieces that you need to repair the broken airspeeder and head for the Refugee Quad.

Visas - Influence Increase - With only Visas in your party, find Geriel and use your Persuade skills to convince him to commit suicide (Visas: 66). After you've taken care of Geriel and convinced Nadaa to give herself over to the Saquesh, you should be able to persuade Hussef to give in to the Exchange. This cunning act will gain you influence with Visas (Visas: 74).

NOTE: Exit to the Landing Pad and add Bao-Dur to your party before heading back into the Refugee Quad to repair the broken airspeeder. Upon reaching the Landing Pad, you may trigger a cutscene back at the Ebon Hawk involving the Red Eclipse. Do not go back to the ship at this time. Wait to take care of them until after you have completed your business on Nar Shaddaa's surface.

Also, you may wish to add Atton to your party as well. If you pass through the refugee section on your way to the airspeeder, you will most likely trigger the aforementioned cutscene with the Twi'leks (pass through using the corridor closest to the Serroco section). You will be able to train Atton immediately following that exchange.

Bao-Dur - Influence Decrease - In the Serroco part of the Refugee Quad, you will find the now infamous Broken Airspeeder. While repairing it, you will have This will provide you with the last influence decrease necessary to train Bao-Dur to become a Jedi (Bao-Dur: 10).

NOTE: You will have to speak to Bao-Dur several times and go through each of the main dialog options available before you can unlock the "training" portion of your conversation.

Finish your business in the Quad, then head back to the Landing Pad. If you've completed everything up till this point, then you will trigger a cutscene involving the Red Eclipse when you enter the Landing Pad module. Get ready for a fight and head back to the ship.

Ebon Hawk

NOTE: When you first enter the Ebon Hawk, you will find yourself in the middle of a fire fight. After you deal with the slavers you will have a few opportunities to gain influence with your party members.

Handmaiden - Influence Increase - If you are at Level 14 or above (and you probably should be at this point), you can initiate the second sparring match for more influence (Handmaiden: 82). After this match, she will stop you to question why it is that you choose to go back and face the Jedi Counsel at your trial. Any response that you provide will gain you influence (Handmaiden: 90).

NOTE: You now have sufficient influence to train Handmaiden, however just as you had to trigger the conversation with the Twi'leks before you train Atton, you must complete the last sparring match with Handmaiden before she can become a Dark Jedi Guardian.

Kreia - Influence Increase - Speak to Kreia and indicate that you wish to continue the Lesson of Listening. When you are finished with you gain more influence with her as well as some other rewards for completing the lesson (Kreia: 90).

NOTE: Now that you have completed the Lesson of Listening, you can speak to Atton about his mental Pazaak habits to gain an increase to your Will saving throws.

You're now finished with all the influence opportunities that are available to you at this time. Once you leave the Ebon Hawk, you will trigger the rendezvous with Visquis in the Jekk'Jekk Tarr.

Nar Shaddaa

NOTE: By the time that you return from your trip to Goto's Yacht, you should have 3 new party members: G0-T0, HK-47, and Hanharr. Considering HK-47 a party member is a stretch because technically, you will only have all of the parts that you need to finish repairing him and not the completed droid himself, but let's not split hairs. All three of your new party members lean heavily toward the Dark Side, so you should be able to max your influence with them pretty easily.

Wrap up any loose ends on Nar Shaddaa and head back to the Ebon Hawk to finish your repairs on HK-47.

Ebon Hawk

HK-47 - Influence Increase - After completing his repairs, you'll be subjected to a brief dialog thats purpose is to facilitate adding HK-47 to your party. Immediately after it is completed, speak to him again. He will say "Statement: Master, I must say it is a pleasure to be working side by side with you.". When it is available, select "Stick with me - you'll pick up a few things." for an influence boost (HK-47: 58).

Hanharr - Influence Increase - Go speak to Hanharr. He will comment on your Dark Side visage and eventually you'll be able to interject with some questions. Mention that you've heard that he hunts humans and when he says "No human must survive, those that do must be taught what life debts are - and why they will pay the price for my people.", reply with either "But still you serve me, as a slave should. You know your place." or "Any human that cannot stand against you deserves to die.". Nothing more can be gained from speaking to him at this time, so cut the conversation short and find Kreia (Hanharr: 58).

Kreia - Influence Increase - You will need to speak to Kreia to trigger the Lesson of Strength, however if you have 14 Wisdom or higher, you can save some time and complete the lesson now. If you are able to do so, you will gain some significant goodies along with some Dark Side points, an influence gain with Kreia, and 500 XP. If you don't, not to worry, you can still complete the lesson later, but you will need to boost your Wisdom first (Kreia: 98).

NOTE: You now have sufficient influence over Kreia to ask her about Revan and unlock the last of her little secrets.

G0-T0 - Influence Increase - Speak to G0-T0 and question him about saving the Republic. Mention that you might be willing to help out for some credits. When he states "For every system you stabilize, I will reward you for your efforts.", reply with "If you have the credits, then that is all I needed to hear.", "I will do what has to be done, no matter what the cost.", or "If I have to kill everyone to do it, you'll get your stability." (G0-T0: 58).

NOTE: Head to the Galaxy Map and set course for Dxun.

Dxun

HK-47 - Influence Increase/Hanharr - Influence Increase - After your meeting with Mandalore, make your way back out into the jungle. Seek out Kumus and use the permacrete detonator to blow him up. Due to a rather fortutitious oversight, this act will gain you double the usual influence with HK-47 (HK-47: 74/Hanharr: 66).

Hanharr - Influence Increase - Take a moment to speak to Hanharr. Ask him about his shackles. Keep the conversation going, making sure to ask about Czerka and his people. When he states "Metal they placed upon my wrists and neck, to keep me bound and weak. They were not strong enough to hold me otherwise.", reply with either "Yet somehow, they were strong enough to cage you - as it should be." or "Perhaps you are weak in that you allowed the shackles to be placed at all." (Hanharr: 74).

Eventually he will tell you about how he came to be on Nar Shaddaa. When the opportunity is available, comment that "You can't have been the only slave Czerka took from your world.". Settle in and prepare for a long story about Czerka and the Wookies. After some time, you will have an opportunity to comment on Hanharr's acts. He will say "But there is one truth that you know - that all life is connected, and there is life and light after the black of the Shadowlands.". Reply with either "You lessen an act of slaughter by thinking it was salvation." or "The only truth is that you killed your tribe because they were weak - which is what they deserved." (Hanharr: 82).

But wait, there's more. He will mention that he wants to leave the Shadowlands and bemoan "Yet I am trapped here with you, in this cage, surrounded by the stench of human animals.". Comment that "What you did to your people was madness - yet there was strength in it." and he will begin speaking of Malachor V. When he says "I know that you did no such thing with your own tribe. They died alone, in pain, and the only one to hear them die was you.", reply with either "If you think such deaths bother me, they do not." or "Everyone at Malachor died because they had to - and I would destroy them all again, gladly." (Hanharr: 90). A few exchanges more and the conversation will be finished.

Speak to Hanharr one more time and tell him that you wish to share your lesson of strength with him. Just keep him talking and eventually he will break beneath your will, unlocking the last of your rewards and finalizing your influence over him.

HK-47 - Influence Increase - Speak to HK-47 again and ask him about his previous master. He will offer a rather humorous commentary on some of the party members from the first game. When you attempt to exit the conversation, he will interrupt with a question. Respond with "The next person who prevents me from leaving when I say the conversation is over is going to die. Now let me go, or else." for another influence increase (HK-47: 82).

Talk to him again, asking him about his earlier inquiry about the Mandalorian Wars. Follow this vein until the conversation turns toward Revan and his/her conversion of the Jedi. Select "I can't allow you to remain on this ship if you've killed Jedi." then respond to his answer with either "If you say that again, I will destroy you." or "If I had known what would happen, I might have done it intentionally." (HK-47: 90).

NOTE: Finish your business on Dxun and head to Onderon. If you haven't already, be sure to spend any Force Powers that you earn at level ups to pick up Affect Mind (and Dominate Mind just to be safe).

Onderon

HK-47 - Influence Increase - After landing in the Iziz Spaceport, head to the entrace to the Merchant Quarter, where you will be stopped by a guard. Use the Force Persuade options to get by. When HK-47 comments, reply with "It's inside a city, HK, otherwise..." (HK-47: 98). Afterwards, ask him "Why did Revan not consider the Republic a threat?". Follow along until you have an opportunity to ask him "If I need to kill a Jedi, how would I do it?". This branch of dialog will unlock HK-47's considerable rewards.

Visas - Influence Increase - Add Visas to your party and then head into the Merchant Quarter. Find the aliens debating politics by the entrance to Western Square. When they ask your opinion and Visas interjects, reply with "Vaklu sounds capable and has ambition. Drive and experience is a powerful combination.", "The Republic has taken advantage of Onderon. A little revolution, now and again, can be a good thing.", or "I'll lend support to whomever serves my interests better." (Visas: 82).

G0-T0 - Influence Increase - Head into the Western Square and find the droid merchant, 1B-8D. Try to hack into his systems for a discount and wait for G0-T0 to offer his assistance. Reply with "Your assistance would be appreciated" to gain influence with him (G0-T0: 66).

NOTE: You may want to remove G0-T0 from your party before heading back to the Merchant Quarter. If you do not, he will threaten the bounty hunters that try to ambush you, thereby robbing you of some XP and some valuable loot. Most importantly, you will need the group leader's Starport Pass so that you can alter it with Kiph (and in turn trade it with Sakarie). After you've made your way to the Merchant Quarter, add him back to your group.

Once you're back in the Merchant Quarter, go towards Ponlar and his growing group of followers. Things have come to a boil, so use your Persuade skill to rally the crowd around him. G0-T0 will chide you about instability, but reply with "Vaklu ultimately would bring greater stability to Onderon. We need to demonstrate we're willing to work with him." to bring him back to his senses (G0-T0: 74).

Finally, head to the Iziz Cantina. Take the Starport Visa that you found on the bounty hunter and pay Kiph to alter it for you. Turn around and offer to trade it to Sakarie for whatever you'd like. During the transaction, G0-T0 will once again offer his opinion on the matter. Respond to his comment with "It's the only way to make a profit." (G0-T0: 82).

NOTE: Believe it or not, this is all the influence that you need to open up G0-T0's backstory. Congratulations; you've done all you can with him.

Visas - Influence Increase - After finishing your business with Dhagon Ghent and sending your message to the Palace, go back to the Cantina with Visas in your party. Once Tobin crashes your reunion with Kavar, Visas will be ready for some good old fashioned brawling. Tell her to "cleanse away" for the final influence boost that you'll need to unlock her rewards (Visas: 90).

NOTE: Due to some unfair writing, you will not be unable to unlock the dialog choices necessary to learn Force Sight without either losing influence with Visas or picking up some Light Side points. Since you can't avoid this conundrum, your best bet is to take the alignment hit until you learn the Force Power and then choose the Dark Side options on your way back out to make up and Dark Side points that you lose. Wrap up any loose ends on Onderon/Dxun and head back to the Ebon Hawk.

Ebon Hawk

Handmaiden - Influence Increase - By this point you should be at level 19 or higher. Go ahead and initiate the final sparring match with Handmaiden. Afterwards you will be able to train her as a Dark Jedi Guardian (Handmaiden: 98).

Dantooine

NOTE: The only influence opportunities of any real significance revolve around Disciple, the party member that female PCs will receive in place of Handmaiden. Luckily you can make up for "lost time" by maxing out your influcence and training him to become a Jedi before you leave the room you found him in.

Disciple - Influence Decrease - When you first speak to Disciple after he joins your party, he will comment on your Dark Side alignment. No matter what you say, you will gain an automatic influence decrease (Disciple: 42).

Speak to Disciple again, any topic will suffice. After you are finished and attempt to leave, he will stop you to ask about your exile. When he asks if you have a record of the trial, tell him that you do, however do not agree to let him see them. This will prohibit you from inadvertently picking up any influcence increases.

Once again, speak to Disciple. Despite your previous exchange, he will admit that he has seen the holorecord of your trial. Before you end the dialog, ask him what he does. He will comment that he has some medical training. Ask to be examined and after his has finished his prognosis, select "Save your counseling for the weak - I feel powerful, strong." (Disciple: 34).

Initiate another dialog with Disciple and ask him what he does for the Republic. When he comments that he is trying to perserve the Jedi histories, ask him why he feels that is important. After he admits that he has tried to keep an open mind about the Jedi, select "It is the truth - the foolishness and arrogance of the Jedi has brought much harm to the galaxy." (Disciple: 26).

After he admits that he has often felt the same way, keep the conversation going, inquiring about the various key planets in the Republic. Ask him "How did this happen?", and then follow it up with "So what? Does the Republic deserve to be saved?". When available, begin wrapping up the conversation by stating "The galaxy belongs to those who can hold it. Perhaps the Sith are a better choice." (Disciple: 18).

Talk to Disciple again and comment "You look familiar to me.". He will admit that you two knew each other before the Mandalorian Wars. When he laments his missed opportunity of Jedihood, respond with "It is good you turned from the weakness and hypocrisy of the Jedi - as I did." (Disciple: 10).

Speak to Disciple one last time. Ask him about his Jedi training on Dantooine. After he finishes relaying the story, tell him "Well, I doubt you could have completed the training anyway." (Disciple: 2). Follow this up by offering to train him. He will accept, becoming a Jedi Consular.

In addition to this (these?) walkthrough(s), I also created a Complete Influence Guide (every INF opportunity in the game!) and an unofficial dialog patch. Both of these items can be downloaded from my site.

You will need the patch in order to follow the walkthrough. Due to buggy influence script in the Refugee Quad, the results of this walkthrough cannot be accomplished without it.

Thanks for the comments everyone. It did take me more than a few months to put this together (working on and off). I can't imagine how long it would have taken without cheat codes, KSE, FindRefs, DLGEditor...and of course KotOR Tool itself. Kudos once again to tk102 and Fred Tetra (and to Chainz.2da and Darth333 for their moral support).

Edit: I also want to take this opportunity to mention that if you have suggestion re: the format, or if you find a typo, please feel free to send me a PM.

• 1 month later...
Achilles: I finally got through it: http://www.starwarsknights.com/influence.php :)

Hope you like it. Let me know if you want me to make adjustments (after messing with the different format, I decided to leave it in .xls for the best results)

Looks awesome! Thanks for all your hard work!!

On a side note, I don't think the Acknowledgements posted on the Complete Influence Guide page were intended for this mod. If I left them in the readme, then I posted it in error (I think it was part of another mod).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I think he means that on the DS influence walkthrough there is no option allowing Bao-Dur to become a dark jedi.

If that's the case, then I would suggest he read 1, 4, & 5 under Assumptions in the very first post and then follow Redhawke's sagely advice :D

Archived