Home

SW:KotORII-TSL Influence Walkthrough

Achilles

This walkthrough is brilliant, as is the "Complete Influence Guide" Excel data file, which is exceptionally detailed. The only thing I have not been able to achieve is to gain influence with atton with the following line on the "Places" section:

"Dantooine

601DAN

Khoonda Plains

Atton

mechanic.dlg

An Old Mechanic

INC

[Persuade] You shouldn't keep your frustrations bottled inside.

Yeah, sometimes it seems nothing works around here. But I don't have time to complain. Too much work to do!"

Sorry if that format is confusing, I copied it straight from the spreadsheet, but basically its gaining influence with Atton over the Old Mechanic next to the Ebon Hawk by noticing how "Busy" he is. I have never been able to achieve this with Atton, but I have with Kriea. I have the PC version of the game, so Im wondering if this is an XBox only thing or yet another bug in the game... or if other people actually get this, and if so how. I have enough awareness to notice he is busy, and I have tried with only Atton in my party and others in the party as well.

Cheers

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Atton already at 100? If so, the influence increase won't show. I've seen it before (with both Kreia and Atton in my party) so I know that it works. Not sure if it's buggy or if there is another condition that is required though.

Hes not 100% and It doesnt show anything (after the mechanic tells you about the troubles, it jumps to Exiles questions of "whats wrong with the droids" etc. Kriea definately says something before it jumps to the Exile, as she says something along the lines of "being able to extract info from the weak minded". Now when Atton is in my party (alone or with people), it jumps straight to me {i.e. his lines are skipped} )

I think its a bug, because normally you can see what the last comment is from an NPC's conversation before you respond at the top of the screen, this time there is no comment, so maybe there is a scripting bug, among the many bugs already in this game... :(

Thanks for your input Achilles, and your guide :)

• 3 weeks later...

Great walkthrough Achilles, just a couple of questions though:

I followed your instructions re: T3-M4 as a lighside Jedi to the letter, yet the option "How did you get here T3?" never came up.. I'm now on Onderon, is that option totally gone now? Also, I've done all the computer and repair bonuses, but I lack influence for the final computer/repair unlock which will net me the +1 wis and stuff. Is there anything else I can do to get influence with him?

Also, is there any advantage to maxing out influence with party members? Because I've already converted all that can be converted into jedi but I don't think I've hit the 100 mark.

Thanks

The dialogue with T3 requires a 16 in Intelligence, and some ability in computer skill. As for influence, not really I don't think, beyond turning characters into Jedi or hearing their story, it affects their FP cost when using Force powers. If you've already made the final checks, they should be over 90% influence anyway. If you have mastery either direction, they should be close. They won't ever get the mastery bonus, though it might show up on the character screen.

Yes, you can use equipment to boost your Int to do it. Not many items do that though. A Mental Boost implant, or Ossus Keepers Robes will give you the extra two points to accomplish it. There is no influence check required either. Usually I use that dialogue to help gain or lose influence for the repair/ computer checks.

another question: I followed the influence guide re: HK to the letter and got all the influence reductions, but after the last one, the sullustan with the hydrospanner in dantooine, I still have insufficient influence for him to train me in killing jedi. is there something else i have to do?

I tried the same thing with HK, and I gained influence there, and by selling the atmospheric sensors for 3000. Totally negating my previous losses. Could this be something that's different between an X-Box and the PC? I was hoping to find a way to make the last check as a light character myself.

@Enagonios: IIRC the dialog option that opens that branch is pretty much buried. You might have to "dig around" a little to get there.

@slaytan: I think Enagonios is referencing the LS walkthrough, where the PC tries to lose influence with HK. It sounds as though you're trying to gain influence with him. Are you following the LS guide or the DS guide?

@Achilles

thanks, by opening up the new dialog options i got enough influence for him to train me. But are you sure about the +2 wis? Around halfway through the conversation I think I got a bonus to saves and more force points and then towards the end I got +1 to wis and maybe some other stuff.

I followed your LS guide to the letter, at least where HK-47 is concerned, and both of the final two spots where I was supposed to lose influence turned out to be gains. He didn't sound happy, but the screen showed "Influence Gained: HK-47". I am playing on an X-Box, I don't know if that makes a difference. I had already made the influence check to find out he used to belong to Revan, but after that, he wouldn't even talk to me about that anymore, let alone the lines that give me the Wisdom boosts.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this fantastic guide, I think he'll be very useful for me ^^ .

Just a little question : When we are playing a LS Female Character, there is a opportunity to lose INF with Kreia which disappears : the one when Handamaiden comes on the EH and we have to ask to Kreia why she doesn't like her.

So, is a 10-Influence sufficient to ask her about Revan, or have we to go down to 02 ? I hope I won't have to...

Thanks again for this guide, I haven't any problem to understand what I have to do (even the translators tried to :p ).

EDIT : Yes, there is a solution ^^ Speaking about Visas with Kreia and INF decrease like with the Handmaiden.

There is something to correct : To get the Bastila/Carth holo with T3, you need 14 (or 15 or 16 I don't remember :p ) for Intelligence and 15 (not 10) for Computer Use.

Otherwise you make the little droid suffer a lot :'( ...

Gavroche -

I had trouble figuring out what to do at 10 inf with HK too. The lightside walkthru doesn't tell you to get that last drop to 2. You'll have to dig but eventually you can say to him, "I can't allow you to remain on this ship if you've killed Jedi.". This will allow you to respond with, "How can you respect death on such a scale?". That will get you the last inf decrese you need with him.

In regards to the rewards for HK -

After scouring the dialog tree for HK, I couldn't find where you can get the extra +1 con/wis. The first lesson triggers the script "a_hk47jedixpaw1" which gives +1 reflex + 1 con (the +1 wis +10 force points is commented out); The second lesson triggers the script "a_hk47jedixpaw2" which gives +1 wis +10 force points (the +1 con +1 reflex is commented out). I see no way to trigger these scripts more than once each (unless I'm missing something that will reset the global variable allowing you to get these dialog option again). If some versions of the game don't have the extra bonuses commented out, then you would recieve the double whammy. It would be interesting to know if that is the case.

I did'nt have any problem with HK... I just had to discuss with him to get the last INF decrease (02), then I asked him "Why didn't Revan consider the Republic as a threat ?" and I finally get the "If i have to kill a Jedi, how shoul I do ?" (smtg like that). I had an INF of 10 at this moment, so he refused to speak. Then I explored each other dialog options, to lose INF, and I repeated my question.

I let him doing his statement, and I received the first reward. I asked him to continue and after another statement I received the second one.

That's all I can say... It was automatic with me, so I hope you'll find... :/

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your hard work...very much. I already ran this through about 3 times.

A little reminder: If you accidently interrupts the initial conversation with Visas Marr before she can speak about her people, then unfortunately, she will NOT gain Force Sight ability, therefore you can NOT gain it from her. So be sure to pay full attention to initial conversations with any NPCs. (A painful experience for my 3rd time, which I got Force Sight for 1st and 2nd time. But I clicked too fast, so I missed that special ability.)

Thank you for your hard work...very much. I already ran this through about 3 times.

A little reminder: If you accidently interrupts the initial conversation with Visas Marr before she can speak about her people, then unfortunately, she will NOT gain Force Sight ability, therefore you can NOT gain it from her. So be sure to pay full attention to initial conversations with any NPCs. (A painful experience for my 3rd time, which I got Force Sight for 1st and 2nd time. But I clicked too fast, so I missed that special ability.)

Actually there is a fix for this at Team Gizka.

http://www.team-gizka.org/downloads.html#fixes

I've been following this guide and have got as far as narr shadar. Have just done the enforcers event with Boa Dour but i didn't get the option to train him, i instaled the remote influence mod, and it seems im missing about 16 influence for him. Anybody know how i can get him up without restarting? It's really bugging me as i've played through a few time and would really like to get him trained up for the first time

I've been following this guide and have got as far as Nar Shaddaa. I Have just done the enforcers event with Boa Dur but I didn't get the option to train him, I installed the remote influence mod, and it seems I'm missing about 16 influence for him. Anybody know how i can get him up without restarting? It's really bugging me as I've played through a few time and would really like to get him trained up for the first time

What was you influence when you landed on Nar Shaddaa?

Always make multiple saves in different slots. Even though I have completed the game several times. I still make ~25 permanent saves per game.

Archived