Home

SW:KotORII-TSL Influence Walkthrough

Achilles

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like you're missing the 2nd tree. It's been so long that I don't remember the exact option, but I'm pretty sure that it's a continuation of the first. If you have DLGEditor you can open up HK47.dlg and check for yourself, otherwise I'll try to remember to look when I get home.

EDIT: BTW, I've always gotten both bonuses, so I know they're there.

I think I found the second one. It seems to be activated after:

You run into Darth Sion on Korriban. The dialogue tree seems to be how to deal with Jedi/Sith that just won't die.

There are two points in the first bit of dialogue that mention bonuses, one mentioning a reflex type bonus and the other mentioning wisdom and constitution bonuses. Both award 1000exp (I think) since I ended up with 2000exp after I finished speaking with HK-47.

EDIT: To clarify, after I got the 2000exp, the bonus on constitution and wisdom were only +1 each. So I'll have to wait until after the part in the spoilers to see what happens.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

here is the deal with bao-dur the best thing for a fully corrupted one is this:do all the light side influence things with him to get max influence take the sith lord prestige class (furthers dark side corruption on all party members) and do the infinite dark side point glitch by breaking han harr's will over and over again to get back to full dark side points and make up for the light side shifts with bao-dur if you do this he gets the full face tatts of a dark sider zabrak (sith tattoos) and parts of his face do turn red in between the black (red diamond on fore head red marks on cheeks etc..) after this he is non influence able anyway so just use your full party dark side shift to keep him that way I had every one including the t3 unit max dark side the only one not was the un affectable kriea who stays grey no matter what(RAAAA) hope this helps on that aspect at least

In order to gain sufficient influence you will have to do LS acts which totally kills any attempt to roleplay.

I don't think this kills the attempt to roleplay.

The exile is a complicated person, not just a blind follower of the Jedi Code, or a brute of the Sith.

In fact I think pure LS/DS choices kill the complicated philosophy of the game. For example, there are quests whose first steps are Darksided and have LS outcomes.

Another thing is that it is really, really, really easy to max out Kreia's influence no matter which path you choose to walk. Every lesson of hers comes with an influence gain.

Another thing is that it is really, really, really easy to max out Kreia's influence no matter which path you choose to walk. Every lesson of hers comes with an influence gain.
Exactly. If you play to lose influence with Kreia, doing those lessons are pointless and in the long run you lose chances for gaining lots of experience points.

I don't think this kills the attempt to roleplay.
You're more than welcome to take the resources that I've provided and create your own walkthrough based on your own scope. I only ask that you give me credit in your readme and ask permission first if you decide to include any files from my unofficial dialog patch. Take care.

There are certain scripted events in the game that contain potential for influence loss or gain with your party members (ala the diseased guy in the refugee sector on Nar Shaddaa, etc).

Normally you alter influence with party members via dialogs that you initiate with them. Basically, these are dialogs that they initiate with you after you've done something that they approve of or disapprove of.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

??

so if I have less then 10% inf, I could still unlock their bonuses and conversations? Really? If so, I might just hold off of my, what, millionth play through and start a new game; with the helpful mods I've found! Thank you Achilles, you did my thinking for me so I wont get a migrain!

• 1 year later...
I don't remember there being a conditional, but I may have just missed it. If you can confirm it, I'll add it to the walkthrough and give you credit. Thanks!

Sad that it took me this long to get around to it, but I got to that part and nothing happened so it probably should not go into the walkthrough. :eek:

• 10 months later...

According to this guide, Bao-Dur should get a triple (3x8) influence gain along with Kreia getting a single (8) influence decrease on Nar Shaddaa if I send these two Exchange muscles away peacefully from extorting Ruter (or whatever he's called) near the pit.

However, both with a clean install as well with the RCM I do get -8 on Kreia but only +8 on Bao-Dur, instead of the promised +3x8 leading to a maximum of 82 influence. Hence I can get all the stories out of Bao-Dur about the war and stuff, but I cannot seem to get to the training part... Also manually messing with a save game to give him the 98 influence does not grant me the option of training him... Any clues?

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

I'm a little confused in the third tab also. Does it mean that a character responds in a certain way every time you respond to a situation in a certain way? So, the first line means that Hanharr increases influence when you are cunning. If that's the case, does that mean that you ALWAYS gain influense whenever you have Visas for one of these events?

I'm a little confused in the third tab also. Does it mean that a character responds in a certain way every time you respond to a situation in a certain way? So, the first line means that Hanharr increases influence when you are cunning. If that's the case, does that mean that you ALWAYS gain influense whenever you have Visas for one of these events?

If you do something cunning and Hanharr is in your party he will react positively. If you do something thuggish and Kreia is in your party she will react negatively. And so on.

• 1 year later...

I'm following the DS walkthrough and I'm at Nar Shaddaa. I just did the Broken Airspeeder quest according to the following:

"Bao-Dur - Influence Decrease - In the Serroco part of the Refugee Quad, you will find the now infamous Broken Airspeeder. While repairing it, you will have This will provide you with the last influence decrease necessary to train Bao-Dur to become a Jedi (Bao-Dur: 10)."

However, I just talked to Bao-Dur and while he asked me about the war a few times, it stopped short of turning him to a Jedi. Have I missed something? Is the X-box version broken as far as this? Or should there be something after the "you will have" and before "This will provide" that would show what I should have done?

(Yes, I am trying to do the Airspeeder quest without the patch, I figured a few LS points from Lasavvou would be a small price to pay to turn Bao-Dur into a Jedi)

Archived