Home

Siege error?

Waffle007

Hmm, whenever I join any siege game, I get an error from the map. I did try more than one map, aswell. I'm not one of those idiots who tried one map seven times, and didn't realize it. I have the 1.1 patch, and now I'm just mindboggled here.

EDIT: I'm sure it's just that I do not have the maps simply, and if so, can you give me a link here and there to DL them? Thanks.

MB/SIEGE_HOTH

And mb2 something or other.

Well, mp/siege_hoth is a basejka map - so that server should've been running basejka I guess. Just make sure you are not accidentally joining MBII servers - if you try joining those without having the mod installed, it's very likely that the error you mentioned will pop up ;)

Unfortunately, MBII servers show up as Siege ones in the ingame browser so it's quite easy to accidentally join a MBII one (especially since there are more servers running MBII than ones running Siege - according to ASE at least). You can tell them apart by the map names - the Siege servers will run maps starting with "mp/siege_" whereas the MBII ones won't.

Other than that, the most common reasons for this error usually are either a pirated copy of the game or using a no-CD crack (as was already mentioned).

Archived