Home

Anyone else getting this stupid problem with the Beta?

Lord Vader 89

It keeps saying "Connection to host lost." when I join some servers. It always happens in the Yavin Space map and sometimes in the Utapau map. Never on the Tantive IV map. Anyone know how to solve this problem? And yes I have all the anti-virus stuff off, and have opened all the required ports for gamespy on both my router and windows. This has prevented me from playing the space map, which is the main reason that I downloaded the beta for.

I had those Connection to host lost messages too. I solved it by re-installing win xp. And I also solved my issiue with the comp being slower than it should be.

Re-installing WinXP, seems pretty drastic... Did you re-install all the Windows patches too? If not, re-install tha patches and see if that breaks SWBF2, then lets us know. Are you sure windows firewall wasn't on?

It keeps saying "Connection to host lost." when I join some servers. It always happens in the Yavin Space map and sometimes in the Utapau map. Never on the Tantive IV map. Anyone know how to solve this problem? And yes I have all the anti-virus stuff off, and have opened all the required ports for gamespy on both my router and windows. This has prevented me from playing the space map, which is the main reason that I downloaded the beta for.

I've had that problem maybe 1 in 10 servers I join. Just pick a new server if that happens.

But as for firewalls/routers, I have a linksys router and didn't have to open ANY ports specifically for SW:BF2. LA learned from its mistake with SW:GB and decided to use common gaming ports.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived