Home

The FIRST LF Doctor WHo Fan Thread!

The Doctor

Scream of the Shalka was alright... but I don't really like Grant as the Doctor, even just as the voice. I'm glad he's not canon.

Although I was glad to see Paul McGann in Shada - I think he did an amazing job in the movie, even if it did suck. Shada is the only thing I've seen him in sice the movie, as we can't get the Big Finish Radio Productions here in Canada :(

Real Time.... it might be because I never particularly liked Colin Baker, but I thought it was.... mediocre. Not bad, just... not outstanding.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have you tried the eighth doctor books? They're the best - its the eighth doctor after the TV movie, with new companions. Theres loads of books and they're pretty good. It tells you what happens to gallifrey as well. I'd tell you but I'm at a loss - how do you make spoilers?

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_Doctor_Adventures

Theres a guide to the books and the characters on wikipedia. K9 makes an appearance too!

Edit 2: Theres also a time lady who goes around in a TARDIS disguised as a London double decker bus.

jedijones, please don't double post, that is having more than one post in a row from yourself with posts only a few minutes/hours apart, use the 'edit this' post function to add information to your previous last post, thanks. -RH

I loved the 9th Doctor his my fave, he had lots of funny lines and the way he was to people and the way he kind of smiled and laughed at everything. Also in the Lost Child Episode (the war one) when he tells the kid to 'go to your room' thats funny.

I hated him. His part was ridiculously camped up, the dialogue was appaling, he acted more like a down-and-out follower of Arthur Scargill than a mysterious alien with the power of time travel. The scripts were ridiculous, the plots weak and only the special effects were actually of any value. Ironic. Tennant is simply a cheap rip-off of Tom Baker with a cockney accent and less flair. It's not the Doctor Who I know and love, quite simply.

I hated him. His part was ridiculously camped up, the dialogue was appaling, he acted more like a down-and-out follower of Arthur Scargill than a mysterious alien with the power of time travel. The scripts were ridiculous, the plots weak and only the special effects were actually of any value. Ironic. Tennant is simply a cheap rip-off of Tom Baker with a cockney accent and less flair. It's not the Doctor Who I know and love, quite simply.

I don't know, he seemed pretty good to me...But my favourite bit is definitely when the christmas tree starts attacking them all!

I wonder how they're going to explain the shalka Richard Grant doctor? The master in that webcast was an android, so maybe that doctor was also an android, sent by the eighth(or ninth) doctor to police earth while he was in the time war, and lending him the TARDIS.

The SHaka Doctor is not canon. They've said that he's from "another possible reality", possible the same one in which the Doctor arrived in in the episode Inferno back in 1970, where that reality's Doctor is cruel and diabolical, and the Master is the moral and kind renegade. It was an interesting episode.

I'll give you the fact that the some of the plots this year were weak, but you have to admit that some of Tom Baker's episodes were.... probably just to kill time so they could come up with something better. The Key to Time season was... well, I just didn't like Mary Tamm, to be honest. Lalla Ward does a much better job as Romana. Baker obviusly thought so :xp:

It had more to do with him thinking Mary Tamm was cold and stand-offish. He was also courting Ward during the filming. Generally the scripts and plots of Baker era "Who" are not the problem, the problems are generally his constant ad-libbing(see "the Invasion of Time"), and the dreadful special effects ("Face of Evil").

I know when Trial of a Timelord was. I had stopped comparing the most recent scripts to Tom Baker, and decided to shift to Colin Baker. Sorry for the confusion.

Unquiet Dead is actually the one of Eccelston's episodes I never saw (I had to work thatn night, and never got another chance to see it).

You know one thing at first when i first saw the last episode was Bad Wolf, at first your like ok so what does it all mean i got confussed lol it was like ok hold on need to think lol, well the amount of times i have explined it to my mum is impossible to count lol.

I hated the aliens of london episode the most.

While I don't really hate any of the new episodes, I do have to agree with you that Aliens of London/WW3 were probably the weaker episodes of the series.

Adding more fuel to the fire of the notion that although I bow at the feet of Russel T. Davies for being a major part in bring Doctor Who back to TV, he has actually been given something of a showing up by other writers in the series.

Namely Rob Shearsmith for Dalek, Paul Cornell for Father's Day and Steve Moffat for Empty Child/Doctor Dances

Strangly enough, I feel Davies' best episode was Boom Town, where very little happend and it was more dialogue based.

On the old school front, finally got round to getting City of Death. Love Baker the first time he meets the Countess at the Chateau :giggle1:

I also picked up The Begining box set which has the first 3 sets of stories of Doctor Who. Forgot how good Hartnell was which of course allowed the series to go on till this day.

I hate both. They're both stereotypes. And no, RTD has *not* done a good job. Shoddy plots, appaling dialogues, useless layout system (1/2x45 has never worked before for Doctor Who, and it doesn't work now.), and almost every episode was riddled with sexual innuendo. The stories are camp and silly. They remind you of the dark days of JNT, only infinitely worse.

• 2 months later...

Archived