Home

cockpit views?

Blackrider27

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Theres just Anakins Starfighter, Yellow.

He said that earlier

I totally agree about the first scene in Ep3 that was so cool it's what i've been most looking forward to about the game.

I agree to.

i can't wait to be the arc 170 and doing the first seen in ep 3.

I can't wait to use ARC-170s either....even though I used them in the demo...it gonna be fun using them longer than three minutes.

Ah, that's good to hear. I am Jack's gleeful use of cockpit views!

Btw, Tyler, did you happen to check out OJP for Jedi Academy with its first person saber views? (MP only though, sadly)

I never really got into the MP aspect of Jedi Academy. However one of the modders for that game came up with a SP first person mode which does the trick pretty well.

I would like to continue mapping for those games but Diesel's tutorials are offline.

• 2 weeks later...

From 1up.com:

http://pc.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3144676&did=4

"PC gamers prefer first-person perspective. Pandemic gets the point and has added this POV to Battlefront II's 30-plus vehicles (a selection that includes Revenge of the Sith's V-wing and clone speeder, along with a few venerable Star Wars classics). "It gives you an enhanced sense of speed in space," Baker boasts--perfect for slipping through a screen of TIE fighters and blasting a proton torpedo into a star destroyer's docking bay. Jedi "heroes" (only a faction's highest-scoring warrior can wield the Force), however, stick to the far-and-away third-person solution. Force-choking foes cold with Vader or Ginsuing 'em as the four-saber-wielding General Grievous wouldn't work as well otherwise, we're guessing."

Well, there it is in black and white. This game's as good as reserved for me now.

I assume it will have all three positions, there are no other vehicles lacking in positions, one thing people can't complain about.

There would probably only be 2 positions because the three positions in the ARC-170 are:

1.pilot

2.copilot/gunner

3.back/tail gunner

Usually in BF the pilot/driver and gunner are combined, as in the AT-TE and AT-AT.

edit:Sorry for the double. Should of read the posts first.

There would probably only be 2 positions because the three positions in the ARC-170 are:

1.pilot

2.copilot/gunner

3.back/tail gunner

Usually in BF the pilot/driver and gunner are combined, as in the AT-TE and AT-AT.

edit:Sorry for the double. Should of read the posts first.

But there are three positions in the AT-TE and five in the Gunship.

But there are three positions in the AT-TE and five in the Gunship.

In reality, the AT-TE has a pilot, co-pilot/gun coordinator, 2 front gunners, 2 rear gunners and the top gunner.

the gunship has a pilot, co-pilot, and the 2 pod gunners. this is correct in the game. But the position where you stand in the BF would hold 30 troopers.

In the AT-AT, the pilot operates guns. In the movies, someone drive and another person shoots.

What I mean is that in many of the Star Wars vehicles (ARC-170, AT-TE) the pilot/driver ONLY drives, nothing else.

I know all this with complete certainty because I own the Ep3 and Ep2 cross section books. To be more specific, they are called "Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross Sections" and "Star Wars: Attack of the Clones Incredible Cross Sections", both published by Dorling Kindersly. They are definately reliable because and astrophysicist who went to Skywalker Ranch helped write them.

Darth Maul isn't a mistake. He's been one of the confirmed Heroes for a long time...

In the beta:

-you could use First & Third person view for infantry (but not Jedi).

-you could use only Third person view for vehicles (there were no turrets usable in the beta).*

-you could use First & Third person view for ships. HOWEVER, in SWBF1, you had "cockpit views" (an "Inside the cockpit" graphical HUD in first person) which the SWBF2 beta lacked. It was just like a zoomed in view from first person perspective.

So does the final PC game have the same, or what?

* In both games of course you could change positions on a vehicle (like as a gunner). Those "first person" views were typically locked without the HUD grahpics (much like the ships). So you either had third person or first person for a vehicle position (1st person gunners, third person drivers/pilots).

No Cockpit View for any vehicle or fighter in the game. Yes i find it a big step backwards to walk the ATAT in 3rd person only. They also left the gunner position out of the ATAT but it´s still there if you use a ATST.

When flying fighters you can switch to HUD only view.

Yes Kurgan i hoped they used at least the cockpits from SWBF1. sad they left them out. It was nice to drive the ATAT from Cockpit.

Damn, well from what I'm hearing about this game, it looks as though they didn't include a lot of stuff from last year's game, in otherwords, not good for longevity. Also the missing cockpit views are a very big deal with me, though I wonder why the guy from 1up.com would write that, knowing they aren't putting cockpit views in the game? Maybe, just maybe they are including them in the NTSC version.......... hopefully. Sounds like the game is turning into another console port, but I hope not.

By the way Rends, someone said you might be able to implement the cockpit views into the game if they aren't included. Any truth to this?

Archived