Home

bounce/debounce

Tinny

hmmm i know ive seen a mod (CornCobMod in particular for q3 that has dodging using double tap) and ET has double tap (but you cant use theirs cause of copyright issues and the fact that it requries modifying the usercmd_t struct in q_shared.h and needs to be sent over the network which u cannot do without the engine.

haven't tried yet, its pretty slow to get the source to my computer because we moved and now i don't have net connection in my room ;<

but i'll download the source, burn it to the cd (i don't have usb-stick or floppy disk-device) and then get it to my computer. I'll then try to find it out :)

• 2 months later...
So, how does it work?

I couldn't actually figure it out :/. I just decreased the time which the server uses to accept speed button and made the server recognize if a button was pushed within a couple hundred milliseconds of when it was last pushed.

What I did was decrease the required wait time between the speed commands which you can do by looking for these lines in g_active.c:

pm.cmd.generic_cmd != ent->client->lastGenCmd || ent->client->lastGenCmdTime < level.time))

The rest was just me using that to tailer to the gameplay I wanted.

I wanted to make attack button combos (1 click of one button followed quickly by a second click of either the same or a different button). They get garbled now because the game always registers 2 or 3 times for each press.

For a while I've been using 8 --hehe, count em!-- attack buttons plus 3 modifier buttons. It works but it's nuts so I'm going to try to figure out a reasonable and usable combo system. I'm divorcing the movement keys from the saber swings 100%. It's just a matter of coming up with the right replacement.

So far the best alternative has been to link each basic swing to the simultaneous press of any 2 out 4 or 5 different attack buttons.

Archived