Home

What strategy did you use to kill Malak?

The Doctor

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The first few times it was the "Kill them jedis first then deal with Malak method" with stims and shields. Then I played a blaster file (one of the ones from downloading from Xbox live) and used master sniper shot to 0wn him. I got a critical that did 278 dmg!

You killed him in one shot?

O_O

^not if the most damage he did in one hit was 278. Malak has a lot of health (something like 1000+).

True, but I stunned him and shot him again and again. He ran up to a tank, healed and I shot him up again, and then after a few more seconds he was running between me and a tank and I made him heal before he could touch me.

the first time through the game, my character was horribly levelled up with no hope of beating malak, thus i completed it with DANCEDANCEMALAK (which i must say was incredibly satisfying in its own--admittedly bizarre and somewhat creepy--way)

for my second playthrough (and a lot of lessons on character management from multiple runs through TSL), i used only master speed, force immunity, and a lot of life support packs with a maxed-out treat injury level. it took a while, not having force storm, drain life, or destroy droid...

EDIT: while class support is being thrown out here, i'm all about guardians. i'd rather have extra feats than more force powers than i'm likely to use. (tho in retrospect drain life would have been nice ;))

^^ Consulars, all the way.

I usually just run around and drop random mines, while using force powers to take out the tanks. It doesn't take that long. One thing though -- it's amazing how much easier he is to defeat on the Leviathan. I always seem to be able to get him with a statis field the first time.

When I play as a Guardian, I go toe-to-toe with Malak, until one of us falls. Whenever I win a round, I let him run for recharge, while I recharge myself with the Life support packs or advanced med packs. I have a ton of those, and depending on how well my PC is doing, I allow Malak to go through all the Jedi Stasis pods.

As a Guardian I prefer a higher dexterity than strength. Dominator gloves and Strength belts make up for the strength. So I can still hurt Malak, while dodging his most powerful moves. I can develop a Guardian good enough to survive Taris as a swordsman. At least I used to. Been a long time since I played.

As for the other classes, I basically load stims and get those advanced medpacks in the attack box. I destroy those Jedi capsules while running away from Malak. When he uses that throuw lightsaber move on me twice, I get mad and throw grenades. But I still keep running. Force powers don't alway work on him. I hadn;t figured out how to effectively build a Jedi Consular that can affect Malak often.

• 1 month later...
How did you kill Darth Malak? I used a massive amount of stims, and stopped at the end of eery combat round to use a life support pack. My lightsaber was pretty weak, so it took me a while.

When I was KotOR nieve, I drained all the Jedi Knights. Then, I made a few swings at Malak. When I noticed my health dropping, I started to run in a large circle, around the bridge of the Star Forge, and I would restore my health in the process. Once I have full health, I would stop and swing at Malak again, and continue the cycle. Hit, Run, Recharge Health and Force, Hit, Run, Recharge Health and Force, etc...

I tried using force Breach, but even then, I couldn't get my force powers to work. Oh well, I guess I will have to forget about choking Malak. I can defeat him pretty easily now, anyways. Usually I have my character wearing stuff that boosts all of my skills and attributes, (Calrissian's Utility Belt for example, or Interface visor, etc.), but during the Malak fight I usually just focus on Attribute stuff.

The first time I fought him, I basically ran around in circles with Master Force Speed, placing mines behind me as I went. Then, knowning the IQ of Malak, he would just run into them as I went along. Then once, he began to regenerate himself, I'd run far away, then loop around and destroy the stasis chambers containing the Jedi. Then, back to mines! Pittiful, I know. But it works!

500th time through, I just turned on Master Speed and Flurry and hacked away. Fun.

Archived