Home

What strategy did you use to kill Malak?

The Doctor

Well, you can't stope the first time of him using the Jedi "friends" as health bottle.

BUT, make sure you have either one of that force drain ability even if you are LS(testtube babies get no save and things). After the first Malak revival you can drain the Jedi Batteries for health, do so on every one of them first before killing Malak again so he won't heal up.

SUpposedly the destroy droid power works too, but that is such a piece of crab power, don't waste points on it.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was a 2/18 Scout/Sentinal. Dark side also. (I forget how I did it lightside, even though I prefer Light over Dark.)

I used an Arkanian Energy Shield and a ton of Stims before the battle. After the dialogue ended, I used Force Resistence and then started using Force Storm multiple times until the second dialogue came up where he drained a Jedi. I started pounding him with more Force Powers and an occasional attack, and then casted Force Speed and drained the Jedi (I felt so guilty doing it.).

As I was draining Jedi, he caught up and started using Power Attack, getting major damage in on my High-Force, Low Vitality Sith. So, I threw down a Thermal Detonator which easily seperated us, damaging both of us. He then drained a Jedi, and I beat him down again. I cast Force Speed, drain the rest of the Jedi (and still felt guilty.) , then go over to finish the final blow. beat him down to the final dialogue, and then blamed everything on him.

Pretty good Boss Battle.

• 1 month later...
Anyways, he was ridicoulessly easy, one of the times. I had two sabers and used master flurry on him. His health went down fast. Other than that, I had drain life, so if malak got me when I was killing the trapped jedi, they healed me up. I didn't really use many stims, just a few life support packs.

Here, I got a mod that will make Malak much more of a challenge.

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/16837.html

Have fun! :)

I have two stratergies. Stock up on life support packs and learn master flurry and improved sabre throw. With two lightsabres you can make reletively short work of him. Otherwise, try using grenades. Malak is surprisingly susceptable to them, and my character was too weak for any other tactic.

i put my level up points into strength and constitution for stronger attacks and higher vitality. my feats i put master critical stike, master flurry and master power attack. as i entered i set ALL my mines in a thick cluster and then walked up to him. i begin with flurries and power attacks once he drains one guy, i go over and destroy driod every jedi there and get regenerated. after that, i lightsaber his ass till it comes to around 100 vitality then go to my minefield. a fireworks display later, you get one charred-ass sith lord :D and i never use stims, they bug me when i run.

• 2 months later...

I used a 5-15 scout guardian, with high dex and wis, made light work of malak. Used single lighsaber (mantle of the force), and master speed, and just master flurried my way about, if you get enough dex you always hit and he misses now and again.

I did use the revans robe mod, so that made me more powerfull but hey, its revan, he's supposed to kick butt :D

Forget about force powers thou, he's stupidly resistant to them (even thou he's a guardian o.O)

Just use force lightning on the first jedi and attack Malak so he will go recharge and then kill all the other ones except the last one and then attack Malak again and let him go drain life from the last guy and then attack Malak one last time until hes dead and then youve beaten him. Just use alot of force lightning and advanced lightsaber attacks on Malak and youll kill him quickly.

The easiest kill I ever had was with my female LS Scout/Consular.

Force Immunity (before fight), Force Breach, Force Wave, Force Wave, Force Wave, etc...

he couldn't even remain standing - nevermind move, get close to me, or actually attack...it was amusing to say the least...

"You are an insignificant spec beneath my notice, Malak"... :xp:

My strategy is pretty simple in a way. Throughout the game I stock up on lifesupport and advanced medkits. I develop the stun droid to at least disable droid and have Force Stasis and Force Wave. When we first battle, the trick is to get Malak offguard by doing a Force wave. Then you mix up your attacks. Master Critical works REALLY well. I use the disable droid to free the captives and then use force waves or throw lightsaber, if I have it, and kill Malak. I know it's probably the same as everyone else but it works. If my health drops to half, I pause and admn healing. If I have to, I run to do it.

You don't have to run. If you go to the inventory screen, you can apply medpacks/life support packs immediately (if you're in the middle of a combat round, it may wait to the end of the combat round to apply it)

Of course, I always have about 80 life support packs, so I just use them. LS, no stims, no mines. Just Master Flurry and the occasional pack. Takes a while, but hey, it's supposed to be an epic battle, it can at least look like it! :D

You don't have to run. If you go to the inventory screen, you can apply medpacks/life support packs immediately (if you're in the middle of a combat round, it may wait to the end of the combat round to apply it)

This is a pure lifesaver as it doesn't take you a combat action to activate them either, at least it never seemed to in my games. :D

• 2 weeks later...

The easiest way I found was to wear the heaviest armor all through the game until malak and switch to StarForge robes. (Using heavy armor gives user more dexterity when removed). Then destroy the jedi tanks with lightsaber throw when malak goes to life drain another. Also load up on Advanced meds and Life packs.

I set every single mine that I ever collected on the path leading to his room, and just led him right through them. The entire battle took two seconds. Jedi Sentinals rock.

I did the same thing. When you go into the room where Malak is, you can get pretty close to him before the cut scene starts. If you have good demolition, you can lay down like 20-some mines right at the end of that long pathway thing. When the battle starts, you just lead Malak into the mines and the battle's over.

Well Staff what I meant was Since the armor is heavier it makes the character slower until he/she gets used to the weight (which would happen by the time you fight with malak), you will be able to move quicker and able avoid Malak's attacks without armor. Well at least that's what happens when I play, but i'm not on PC Yet.

Archived