Home

What do we know about Darth Malak?

The Doctor

I think this is what happened...maybe after the mailderian wars, Malak feel guilty of being on the dark side and wants to come back to the light. He told Revan and Revan got angry and well, you know what sith do when one of them turned back to ligthside. ~snip~

No, you think, so?

And I think Bastila is a cross-gender character trying to be attractive in-disguise :rolleyes:

It obviously occured after the Mandolorian Wars, as he had it when he and Revan found the first Star Map - AFTER the Mandolorian Wars. ~snip~

If I remember correctly the cutscene Malak in K1 still had his natural jaw in place when he said "Is this truly wise? The council will surely banish us. If we go beyond that door we can never go back..."

He also says at the end of the game that revan found the first starmap on Dantooine not Korriban so you got your facts mixed up ;)

Doesn't anyone else remember the Sith graveyard on Korriban? I'm sure something in one of the tombs had a lightsaber and its pretty safe to assume it could have gotten the best of Malak.

If I understand you correctly you are trying to say that a lightsaber just happend to turn on and make our dark sith lord lose his jaw correct? :eyeraise:

Anyhow, in my opinion (and rather short sweet and simple) if the devs wanted to give us more info about Malak they would've.

'nuff said.

To clarify, when I said that he might have gotten it in the battle against Revan's ship, I meant that Revan's tactical officer could have fired back, and Malak's ship was damaged. He might have been wounded by an exploding console.

Its impossible, we know that he lost his lower jaw in a lightsaber duel, and anyway, the developper would never had there big boss getting wounded in a stupid accident, when they are wounded its alway in some great duel.

If I remember correctly the cutscene Malak in K1 still had his natural jaw in place when he said "Is this truly wise? The council will surely banish us. If we go beyond that door we can never go back..."

He also says at the end of the game that revan found the first starmap on Dantooine not Korriban so you got your facts mixed up ;)

If I understand you correctly you are trying to say that a lightsaber just happend to turn on and make our dark sith lord lose his jaw correct? :eyeraise:

1: I never said they were on Korriban when they found the first Star Map. I'm saying that some'thing' in the Korriban crypts might have gotten the best of him. A duel with a rather 'physical' ghost of some sort.

2. When I said 'it' I was referring to his natural jaw, so my bad on that part.

3. Its said that he lost his jaw in a duel. Read 1.

we have information from that link above that malak lost his jaw in a lightsaber duel. you can also try: http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/Malak

and as for the stuff about why his opponent would attack his jaw and not decapitate him or cut this throat... keep in mind that malak is a sentient being, with an instinctive desire to survive. so if someone were to try and decapitate him or cut his throat, he would probably try to dodge their attack. which could cause them to miss, and just cut off his jaw instead of his entire head.

just my crazy theory. that y'know, people don't want their heads cut off

The more I think about it, the more the lightsaber duel thing makes sense. As for not killing the guy when he's writhing in agony from jawlessness, maybe he killed his opponent as s/he hit his jaw.

But I guess in the end what matters is that I/you/we killed him. Interesting character though...

^^^Heee. That's awesome. And btw, the cut is clean because he was being considerate.

"Someone might want to model me for a video game, someday, and it will be a heck of a lot easier if my cool-creepy jaw injury can be modelled without a spring-mass system."

Though after playing through that sequence again yesterday, it's less clean on his left side than on his right. So I guess he was only somewhat thoughtful.

Archived