Home

Creepiness.

El Sitherino

So today I decided to go to the mall and check out suncoast and look for ideas for gifts for family. As I was waiting outside suncoast for them to open a creepy old guy came up and started chatting. Obviously something was weird about him. Anyway, he started doing your stereotypical child molestor 101 routine. Trying to make conversation, ask about your hobbies, if you like to play PS2 or Xbox, if you have a computer, what you like to do in your spare time, and the final "Want to be friends?" type question.

So about now I'm feeling a bit awkard, and he asks me some stuff about my personal life, of course I feed him some horse****, and then he asks me if I want to go for a walk. Naturally I respond in a negative, telling him I'm waiting for my boyfriend, to which he didn't catch on. Luckily a friend called me at this moment and I used it as my way out, told him I was late for class and had to leave. So I jetted out of there as fast as I could and drove home.

When I got home I wasn't sure what to do about this, but I decided to call the cops just to at least alert them that there's a creepy guy at the mall that seems like he might be looking for kids/teenagers. Still waiting for the cop, after 2 hours :¬: , so I can talk to them in depth about what happened.

I also decided to take a look at some stats on my area and apparently rape and molestation are going up, especially involving minors and young adults. Cops seem to be a little slow to respond to stuff like this though as opposed to petty crimes.

So yeah, it's only just now noon and already weird stuff is starting to happen.

Get a load of your mates go back to the mall and bea...

No you can't do that. forget I ever said it.

Seriously though, I'm supprised the police didn't wan't to hear all about that asap, I hope they catch him before he harms anyone, mind you, if they do, they can't prosocute him can they? sucks.

Oh gross. What a bastard. It's great that you knew to not chat it up and wander off with the perv. I hate to hear these news stories of girls hitching a ride with some trucker only to be raped and barely get out alive saying, "He seemed like such a nice guy." :disaprove

Anyway, recently I was going to post a thread with a link to an index for registered sex offenders, but I suppose here would be a good place as well. Clicky. That's an index for the 50 United States. There are 27 listed in my county and six in the small town near me, one of whom my family knew for a short time but there was always something creepy about him. It turns out he's registered for raping someone in Oregon some time ago.

I should note that for some states you have to have the first and last name of an offender to search for one, but others you can just do a county or city search, etc. Anyone else know some sites for that sort of search?

I recommend you guys check out your area just to be aware. Especially if you're young or have kids or younger siblings and the like. :)

Fixed your smilie, since I'm such a swell feller ~ET

Caution, caution.

I'm sure you aren't fond of sex offenders, either.

I love sex offenders, just ask Hermie.

But seriously, I would be cautious to people who want me to come with them even if I knew of no sex offenders in that area.

Wow. I guess I would be considered lucky to have only 23... But my city isn't really that big, and I recognized most of the street names when I saw them. So they're all fairly close to where I live.

I have about 3. But my city is really tiny, and actually shoudln't be considered a city at all - more like a neighborhood.

Something similar happened to me when I was in college:

I was coming home after class with my guitar slung over my shoulder in a gig bag when some old dude stopped me in the street and started asking me all kinds of questions. He insisted he was a great harmonica player, and that I should come over his place some time to work out some tunes and try to get a gig or something...

Yeah, I seriously considered that offer... :rolleyes:

Archived