Home

Oleander, a poisonous flower

The ultimate in cheesy.

See the second vault overwhelmed me with it's awesomeness so the first vault was completly overridden. Even at the time I couldn't comphrehend what I had just seen, so now I'm going all fangirly over it.

I want to know why he wanted to get in the military so much. Sure, it was his dream. But why?

Maybe he finally wanted to be able to stand up for himself, to not get bullied around and have the most important things taken away from him.

I was trying to figure that out. Why would he want to be in the military if he was such a girly boy? Maybe he was picked on?

Do you think his dad actually looked/acted like that? We know that Raz's Dad was different in Raz's mind, so does that mean Oleander was exaggerating?

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was trying to figure that out. Why would he want to be in the military if he was such a girly boy? Maybe he was picked on?

Do you think his dad actually looked/acted like that? We know that Raz's Dad was different in Raz's mind, so does that mean Oleander was exaggerating?

Certainly. If Oleander's Dad hated him so much he would have been sliced in half like his dad in the Meat Circus said he was going to do.

I think Oleander's dad was a loving yet strict father who was proud of his son but wanted to teach him to be strong. That you are going to have to make sacrifices.

So he killed his bunny to show the point. To the father, having a bunny loving boy is not what he imagined. So Oleander may have wanted to prove to his Dad that he was strong by joining the military.

It was probably an insult to him when he didn't make it.

Or it could be that his father had to do what he had to do to keep his family alive. Killing Oleander's bunny was just a little thing.

So Oleander thought up this very strange twisted idea of his Dad. That his Dad didn't care about him at all and wanted to see his son suffer. Which we know probably wasn't true.

NO YOU'RE LIEING KILA!!!! ALL FATHERS WANT THEIR CHILDREN TO SUFFER!!!! Now, could you please tell me about the webpage with Sasha's vault pics Kila?

The Whispering Rock page was suppoused to have it but they never update. Try Google.

Of course I doubt they have it.

Certainly. If Oleander's Dad hated him so much he would have been sliced in half like his dad in the Meat Circus said he was going to do.

I think Oleander's dad was a loving yet strict father who was proud of his son but wanted to teach him to be strong. That you are going to have to make sacrifices.

So he killed his bunny to show the point. To the father, having a bunny loving boy is not what he imagined. So Oleander may have wanted to prove to his Dad that he was strong by joining the military.

It was probably an insult to him when he didn't make it.

Or it could be that his father had to do what he had to do to keep his family alive. Killing Oleander's bunny was just a little thing.

So Oleander thought up this very strange twisted idea of his Dad. That his Dad didn't care about him at all and wanted to see his son suffer. Which we know probably wasn't true.

Or maybe it was true, and his dad simply liked to spite his only son by the killing the smallest bunny!

What logic is there in 'little rabbits are only good for food'? I thought that would be fat rabbits.

There are just so many 'Maybes' and 'What ifs' to this game, it keeps me excited. For all we know, Oly's dad truly was a mean parent who really didn't like his son much. He could've been Pee Wee Herman who killed a bunny once. Where was his mother in all of this? Gone? The same as his dad?

You see, Klia. I am good at asking questions and you are good at answering them. You just seem like a smart person. ANSWER MY QUESTIONS, MIGHTY ONE.

Or maybe it was true, and his dad simply liked to spite his only son by the killing the smallest bunny!

What logic is there in 'little rabbits are only good for food'? I thought that would be fat rabbits.

There are just so many 'Maybes' and 'What ifs' to this game, it keeps me excited. For all we know, Oly's dad truly was a mean parent who really didn't like his son much. He could've been Pee Wee Herman who killed a bunny once. Where was his mother in all of this? Gone? The same as his dad?

You see, Klia. I am good at asking questions and you are good at answering them. You just seem like a smart person. ANSWER MY QUESTIONS, MIGHTY ONE.

Thanks for reinforcing my ego. My ego likes it.

Yeah, the maybes and what if's keep this game from being boring, only if you are a dedicated fan. Hmm..this is making me think we should have more threads like this. But no..then Oleander would be pissed. And you know how he is watching these boards now.

My theory about the mother was that Oleander was so concentrated on his father that he has no real memories from that time. Try to think back to when you were real real little. Remember anything?

All I remember is strapping ballons to my back and jumping off a wooden table, one that I still have and still strap ballons to my back to see if the infinte possiblites at any given moment come into my favor.

Back to my theory. I think that he was wanted to spite his Dad by proving he was tough, he was a good son. Trying to change who you are constitutes a lot of brain power and thinking (which could have led him to find his psychic powers) and all of this power focused on his father may have led to more father memories.

Or he lived alone with his Dad, frolicking in his happy place up until his father killed the bunnies.

The logic in little bunnies are only good for food is probably what his father told him so Oleander would stop obsessing over them.

Oh, mkay. I'm not going to try and answer that intelligently.

But you should know the new picture in fanart is totally just for you.

I'm sorry Darth_Ave. I feel bad but my ego has been boosted and I must stroke it for now. Like one of those evil cats.

YES. It is innuendo-y, so it fits her well. I wish I hadn't made it like that, I wanted it to be cute. Oh well.

I bet it's cute anyway.

I am the insperation??

Wow.

This calls for a song!!!

I rock peas on my head but don’t call me a pea head.

Bees on my head but don’t call me a bee head.

Bruce Lee’s on my head but don’t call me a Lee head.

Now please excuse me, I gots to get my tree fed.

You wear name brands and I make my own clothing.

I hang out with an apple who loves self-loathing.

“I hate myself.”

Pancake on my face makes me extra happy.

I like shampoo bottles that sit on my lappy.

Cause it’s my show you can’t tell me what to do.

When life hands me lemons I make beef stew.

So yo I gotta go, it’s time for me to rock it.

I put baloney in my left pocket.

Smear some cream cheese in my gold locket .

Cause it’s my show I’m Andy Milonakis.

It’s my show I’m Shmandy Shmila-Shmakis.

It’s my show I’m Andy Milonakis.

Oh yeah, I luv that show!!

I never heard of that. Did you make it up. It's pretty good.

You inspired an essay PS. The Becky one. But of course that wasn't as long as Darth_Ave's. Darth_Ave's took me hours to do.

Do you need me to take back the hours you did on you're pieces on my essays?

I never heard of that. Did you make it up. It's pretty good.

You inspired an essay PS. The Becky one. But of course that wasn't as long as Darth_Ave's. Darth_Ave's took me hours to do.

Do you need me to take back the hours you did on you're pieces on my essays?

Yes. Now make me another essay! On the aspirations of a figment!

I want to know why he wanted to get in the military so much. Sure, it was his dream. But why?

You know, I had a whole long explanation for this...hold on...*roots through LJ archives* Aha! (Edited slightly for clarity, because I think it was 2AM when I did this the first time, and also I was rambling on a slightly different topic and went off tangent...oh, whatever.)

----

Coach Oleander is the first of Tim's villains, IMHO, to have a real--and absolutely superb--reason behind his actions. First we have the trauma of his father (who I honestly think was verbally abusive on top of everything else) killing Mr. Bun and Oleander not being able to prevent it...and his father telling him that "little bunnies are good for nothing."

And, of course, Oleander's also a "little bunny," so to speak. He's short. So he takes his father's words personally--he grows up thinking that he's also good for nothing, at least in his father's eyes. So, eventually, he wants to prove his father wrong. And really, joining the armed forces is a pretty standard stereotype of the big, strong guys who are "real men." Maybe he had an uncle or something who'd been in the army, and that's where he got the idea from. Or there was a war when he was growing up (I know Psychonauts doesn't take place in the universe as we know it, but it is possible) and he was hit with all that "Uncle Sam wants YOU!" propaganda. Who knows. Either way, it happened, and he started seeing the armed forces as the one way he could prove his father wrong.

-----

As for The Butcher--you know, this has bugged me for the longest time. I mean, obviously he's not as bad as Oleander's mind makes him out to be. Representations of people in everyone's minds are never accurate, IMHO...look at Raz's idea of his father if you want a good example. He completely demonized his father, to the point that the inner demon and the real person were nothing alike. (OT -- has anybody else noticed the "666" carved into demon!Dad's chest? That makes me laugh every time. XD) So you could pretty easily say that Morry's just exaggerating the whole thing.

But on the other hand...something had to have happened for Morry to be so royally screwed up. That very rarely happens on its own, especially not with a sort of "inciting incident" like we've got with the bunnies. So...do I think he's exaggerating? A little. Obviously his father isn't eight thousand feet tall and walking around covered in blood, and he wasn't out to slice 'n' dice little!Morry, just like Raz's father doesn't have "666" carved into his chest and would never, ever let his son drown.

Really, I think Morry's father wasn't so much outwardly abusive (although I think sometimes that he may have been verbally abusive...but that's just me, and I have no real evidence of it, so never mind) as he was distant to the point of doing harm.

It makes sense: if Morry's father was relatively distant, emotionally, and his mother (or someone who was just a "mother-figure") wasn't, that might explain why little!Morry is so...erm...effeminate. (Don'tkillmeplzkthnx.) Emotional distance would also lead to a lack of empathy, and so Morry's father wouldn't understand why he was freaking out over the bunny...I mean, it's just a bunny to him, isn't it? So he shrugs it off with a casual "little bunnies are good for nothing," end of discussion. Boom, instant (okay, not really "instant," but...) complex for little!Morry.

That might also explain why Morry got the idea that his father thought he was good for nothing, too--IIRC, children of emotionally distant parents tend to try as hard as they can to measure up to what they believe are their parents' expectations in hopes of being noticed. Like, "if I do what they want me to do, they'll finally pay attention to me!" So he decides to join the armed forces in hopes that his father will notice him/no longer think he's "good for nothing."

...Wow, that went on for way too long. Sorry guys. I think I'm still in midterm mode.

Archived