Home

couple problem0s

Jufa

First, how to change the forceregen rate per player?

I mean, I'm making a player classes and i want different classes have different forceregen rate. How to do that?

Second, is there good way to force player use specific model if they choose [inout classname here] -class? or do i need to make model-specific classes?

Third, maybe the hardest: How to place effects and models to the world and setting different flags to them (like health and time before removing) ?

I wanted to make couple death-effects (like droid-class explosing) and then place models (droid parts, for example) to somewhere.

I almost found way to force player models but it f*cked up. So any help would be appreciate.

Thnx,

Jufa

you can force models with siege classes, the lines to add to the siege file are:

model "rodian" //this is optional, if it's here it forces the model to this.

skin "default" //this is optional, if it's here it forces the skin to this.

You can use whatever model name you want, those were just taken from the default bounty hunter siege class.

I dont know about changing the force regen for each class, but you can use the "CFL_FASTFORCEREGEN" flag in a siege class file to speed up the force regen to really fast, I dont think you can set the actual regen time though. I dont think your third idea is possible without re-writing quite a bit of the game code.

but that changes it for everyone, he wants to change it to a different rate for different classes. If you are going to do some code changes for whatever your working on, you could make a new siege class key that goes in the class flags area like all that other CFL_STUFF and it could be lik the "CFL_SPEED_##" key where you put the number of what you want it to be and that number would be the milisecond force regen rate for that class. Anyway, thats just my idea of how you could do it, but again, that would require some code changes.

I am not completely positive on this but I think there is already a flag for that because I think the speedy rodians have faster force regen rate than the other jedi in korriban siege map.

Yeah, there is a class flag for that (CFL_FASTFORCEREGEN). I think it reduces forceregenrate to 50% for the specified class - not too sure on that though, it's different in MBII ;)

Doing a search for that flag in code should bring up all relevant bits. Although afaik there's only one relevant passage for that anyway (2 if you count the bit where the flag is being parsed from the .scl file :p).

i'm making those classes directly to the code but now when you mention it i think it would be easier to make classes to .scl -files.

but then i would need to do more changes because this mod is going to be in TFFA mode.

i think i need to figure out how to enable siege classes in TFFA and make all those flags work in TFFA. well yea i have lots to do :p

thanks for the answers

Archived