Home

Bioware does it again!!!

Hannibal

no, not really. the Kotor games are story based RPG's, so great graphics should more or less be some extra goodies to go with a great package. in other words: storyline > graphics. :dozey:

True but it's even better when you have both: good story and good graphics :D

I trust Bioware for the story and they usually have good writers. The writers of K1 and Jade were better than those who did K2. In K2 they had interesting ideas but the writing and the dialogues were lacking something and it's not simply because the story was unfinished. They did not have the punch of the K1 dialogues and I found them frankly boring sometimes.

I generally dont let the tv do my thinking for me... if you knew me at all, youd know that. :p But, when it comes to shelling out 50+ dollars for a game, Im gonna read reviews and watch Xplay, even if its only to see what their opinion is. Movies, I dont care about as I can pay 5.50 to see it without reading reviews, and if it ends up sucking, then it wasnt that much money wasted.

As I said, its what I heard from Xplay, I dont have an xbox, so I cant say whether I agree with them or not.

Umm, where did I put that I wanted Bioware to do KOTOR3 because of the graphics of ME? Bioware has a history of story over graphics. That's my point all along. Other people were saying how great it looks.

It's Bioware's previous work that makes me want this game (just like with Jade Empire). It just so happens the graphics of this game look better than any Bioware game of the past.

I'm not as shallow as some. ;)

You just stated your and my opinion. :D

Jade Empire, from what I gathered on Xplay was fairly boring and dumb...
The game was a bit short (+- 20 hours) but it was well done, well written and entertaining. I had a lot of fun playing it. Based on what Bioware did in the past, I look forward to try their new games. I hope they will maintain the quality.

hey, i never said that i didn't want Bioware to make K3. i said that i'm not convinced that Bioware should get the job based solely on the graphics engine they happen to own the rights to. i'm fully aware of Bioware's history of making great games, and that alone qualifies them as one of the possible devs for K3. :dozey:

and yes, LIAYD, big kudos to Epic for making such a fantastic engine. *waits impatiently for 'Gears of War' and 'UT: 2k7'* :D

-LIAYD, Chief Fanatic and Inquisitor against heresy is right )

@Darth333 exactly, the people doing kotor did great things!, those doing TSL heh i have no idea what they thougth they were doing, and imho it was they, them to blame for shortcomings of the game.

I would love Bioware to do kotor3 myself. I think that would be great, and have faith they would once again do a good job. If i was shown to be wrong, heh Id still have the game which i dunno know when will be released (all sad about that). But being surrounded by the best modders a free forum can supply gives me a huge smile in thinking of how much improved TSL is with there help, and once a kotor3 is out it would have to be really bad to be worse then TSL and worse then that for the modders not to be able to improve.

I never understood why they didnt make/release add on packs, like add on planets for either game at like 19.99 value, that has x amount of hours worth of playing. Some might say that this would compeat with SW galaxies, I couldnt agrue with them. But jsut say that I dont own or play SWG, and I never will so releasing that or making that wont compeat with me :)

Now I dont suggest that they market to me heh but there must be others that dont play SWG that do love kotor.

Archived