Home

They Missed Out (on their opportunities...)

darthkangaroo

Kit Fitso and Plo Koon. . .hmmm. . .I know why they aren't in the game. . .

Because they aren't MAIN heroes! They are in the movies for not over a minute! I don't think they deserve to be called heroes. And I am GLAD they are not in the game.

Kit Fitso and Plo Koon. . .hmmm. . .I know why they aren't in the game. . .

Because they aren't MAIN heroes! They are in the movies for not over a minute! I don't think they deserve to be called heroes. And I am GLAD they are not in the game.

You have a point there.....only being in the movie for one minute....but what about Aalya Secura?

Well, theres also the reason that the planet Aalya was killed on is being made into a level, I'm sure that if Kit Fisto or Plo Koon had been shown prominetly in a scene, like Aalya and Ki-adi-mundi they would be in the game as well. But they wern't, Kit was killed with Mace confronting Palpatine and the planet where Plo Koon met his end is not being made into a level, the only other place they were really shown was Geonosis. (and the jedi temple but there all they did was sit around looking wise)

It just wouldn't make sense for them to be heroes, unless they were doing some sort of Geonosis arena map, Jedi vs. CIS where the Jedi have several heroes, but are hoplessly outnumbered. They have to survive arena beasts, geonosians, battledroids and Jango Fett until Yoda arrives with the clone army.

Anyway, there not going to include every single background jedi no matter how cool they look, only the ones that were shown fighting a battle that is going to be made into a level.

The hero I'm really disapointed they didn't add is Lando, not because I think he would be a fun, unique character, but because the fact that he isn't in the game makes me wonder if Bespin has been cut...

Disturbing that you can't be heroes in space battles.

Or Luke in X Wing vs Vader in his Interceptor.

That would completely distroy the balance of power. If a Jedi landed on an enemy ship, he could kill all the pliots before they had a chance to get into their ships. It would be very hard to kill a Jedi using nothing but the pliot's blaster :blast5: (A good player can easily avoid the time bombs).

Though, the Luke vs Vader space battle sounds good...

Well It would be hard to have Vader vs Skywalker in a sky battle.. with the time bar what would the chances be off both jedi's finding each other out of all the other starcraft and then dogfighting and having a victor.. all in the little time bar a jedi has and it wont be bairly added to cause 1 craft kill wont merely add anything to the bar.. It would be more effective if u vsed vader on a starcruiser

Well that "buisnessman" sure acted like a hero in the movies, exchanging fire with stormtroopers, hitting them while avoiding all their shots (this trait is invaulable for a hero), knocking guys off sand skiffs (okay, okay, A guy), destroying the second Death Star (with a little help from Wedge)... He sure sounds like he could be a hero to me.

Lando is a businessman he couldn't possibly be a hero.

Lando was a card player, gambler and scoundrel. I don't know if he's as fast a draw as Han, but I'm sure he has to have some combat skills or he wouldn't have survived like he did! (I mean non-piloting skills of course, because obviously he has a talent for flying, just like Han). And though we didn't get to see him win any fights, he did go grappling with some alien, so he's brave enough!

And if you mean he was a no-good because he didn't tell Vader to shove it, well remember he eventually did turn against the Empire and help out his old buddy. ;)

A good point about the Jedi on a space map. Maybe they could make the Heroes on a space map not be Jedi? Like make them ace pilots like Wedge or Biggs, or Chewbacca! Too bad all the bad guy pilots are faceless Clones or guys in helmets with no personality though (or Vader himself, with the problems mentioned).

how about we post all the things that we hope are in bf2

Personaly i would want to have all the clone commanders like Gree and Bly. I would like to have heros in space like obi wan driving his intercepter and reinact the whole first seen of ep 3. I would also like for all the levels for land battles with flyers you had to start on a cap ship. Like in i dk Utapau If your going to use a gunship you have to start on a Venator. Or if your going to play naboo plains you had to start on a venator. I also hope that there will be a space battle above muunilist like the battle in the clone wars series.

It just wouldn't make sense for them to be heroes

Since when were the devs concerned with what makes sense or not? ;)

Also, you can't have heroes in space because the heroes can't die (have to have a "retreat" animation), and if you're in a ship and blow up... well, say bye-bye to Wedge.

That reminds me: are heroes able to enter vehicles?

Also, you can't have heroes in space because the heroes can't die (have to have a "retreat" animation), and if you're in a ship and blow up... well, say bye-bye to Wedge.

That reminds me: are heroes able to enter vehicles?

The hero's can have a retreat animation in space. Something like what Vader did when the first Death Star was blown up.

Heroes can enter the vehicles if you want them to.

So just have them eject and disappear. Or imagine they have escape pods. Doesn't matter. ;)

Yes, I had Obi-Wan tramping around in his mini-ATST the other day. It's odd you know, with that vehicle the pilot is completely exposed, and yet you can blast him in the face with laser cannons and he doesn't get blasted off! (unlike say, the turret of the hover tanks). Oh well... I guess it's got an invisible shield generator on top. ;)

Realism? Ha, we laugh at your idea of realism!

PS: So Baron Fel is a CHARACTER, ah ha. I had that name in my head but I couldn't remember if it was a planet, a person, or what. ;)

Yes, I had Obi-Wan tramping around in his mini-ATST the other day. It's odd you know, with that vehicle the pilot is completely exposed, and yet you can blast him in the face with laser cannons and he doesn't get blasted off! (unlike say, the turret of the hover tanks). Oh well... I guess it's got an invisible shield generator on top. ;)

If the mini-ATST is that two legged vehicle the clones have, you can kill the pliot. I've snipped many off their vehicles. :atat::snipe1:

If the mini-ATST is that two legged vehicle the clones have, you can kill the pliot. I've snipped many off their vehicles. :atat::snipe1:

If that's true, then perhaps it only works for the sniper rifle. I was in a hover tank, targetted the pilot with each of my various weapons and shot him clean in the face numberous times. It's as if he wasn't even there. One pair of shots would have killed the pilot had he been outside his vehicle... yet I had to blast away until it was scrap, taking lots of damage myself in the process.

Archived