1. 1. Who will win?

• Nintendo Revolution
    • PlayStation 3
    • Xbox 360
    • Other Console (specify)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That makes sense, I guess. But what defines a more pricey game?

I guess this could be a good thing because you could soon see that game with higher quality have a higher price at release time, perhaps?

Im sorta worried the Rev games might be a little higher, I mean, they have to make them compatible with this new controller. Its not like press "left" = turn. Its more like tilt left = turn, which is probably harder to do than just receiving input from the buttons. Plus the games will have to be compatible with the new sensors on the TVs.

I don't think you understand quite how it works... Revolution games won't be as pricey as PS3 games simply because it'll cost more to develop PS3 games than it will Revolution games. The new controller won't affect the price of Revolution games at all, it's simply just a new form of input. When developers get a Revolution kit they get all the programming to make their games run with the pointer which means that Nintendo has already done 99.9% of the programming for them. It's the same with the controllers we have now, the programming for the buttons have already been mapped out and all developers have to do is assign actions to those buttons.

The reason people are worried that the PS3 games will cost more is because we're heading into the stage where PS3 games will be like those multimillion dollar boxoffice movies, which isn't necessarily a good thing. Sure they'll look bloody good, but will they be fun to play and worth the extre money I'm paying for it?

MGS4 will be, I know that much. Other games like Devil May Cry and Final Fantasy will be worth it as well. As for the average FPS on the PS3... who knows... :-\

But aren't all games becoming more and more like boxoffice movies? I mean... thats the ultimate goal, right? Amazing gameplay, graphics, and that cinematic feel. All a video game is is an interactive movie (sorta...)

• 1 month later...

Other(PC)

As much as i'd like to play some of these games, most wouldn't hold my attention much longer than 10 hours and I don't feel like shelling out for two or three $400 machines for about six games, two of which are PC ports and another one is ported to the PC.

I've still got several games on my PC(Yes, I still play them) that pre-date the now obsolete consoles and their ten hour uber-linear games.

Yeah, that's pretty much a given. It already has mp3, DVD, HD, and all that mess that the next gen consoles brag. It'll always be on top. The only things it doesn't have are mainly a brand of the games. Some of them don't come out for PC, naturally. The Revolution-style controller system is lacking too, though it's not necessary for PC.

Disregarding that though, I'd have to say the Revolution. For the numerous reasons stated above, and also simply because it's coming out later than the other two: it can learn from the mistakes. And, like previously stated, the Revolution isn't really trying to compete with craziness that the PS3 and 360 toat. They're going a whole different way (the total backwards compatibility will be a big turn on for oldschool gamers).

What are you talkin about bitch I have one it rocks.I won it in the mountian dew competition.what do you mean by good?

By "good" he likely means "doesn't overheat and crash, doesn't scratch disks to the point of uselessness, etc."

I guess yours doesn't have those problems.

It will be no more exciting than the last one. One of them will have a PC game or two ported over, a year after it was originally released, and there will be another two or three Final Fantasy games.

Another Grand Theft Auto will rear it's head, now sporting five more objects on screen than the last, as will another GTA clone.

EA will make billions off of 2007, 2008, and 2009 sports games that aren't innovative from the previous release in the least...

Another Resident Evil will come out, it might be good, or it might bomb like a JU-87.

I almost forgot Halo 3 AKA how Microsoft will screw up a formula thats worked since Half-Life(Maybe not, I still have some hope for the series, even though I don't own an Xbox.)

The new Playstation and whatever Nintendo's calling it's machine will be loaded with imports, mostly RPGs.

Wow! I'm a psychic!

• 2 weeks later...
Uhm, who will lead, uhm ..... let's see .....

Oh, I don't know, I stick to my PC .... so, the PC will win! :D

Not really, all 128-bit (PC processors only go up to 64-bit) are superior, technically-speaking, to the PC, but only like for a couple years. You still can't play FPSs on a console though.

Plus the XBox360 will be the weakest of all the consoles.

I believe the Revo is the weakest of all consoles, with PS3 at top and Xbox 360 at second.

Really, though, the Revolution is the only 'next-generation' console. For decades, we've simply pressed buttons on a controller to manipulate the game. But, with the Revo, you don't just press buttons, but you actually use the controller to manipulate the game, like using it as a sword or magic staff. That's the next generation right there.

Still getting Xbox 360 so ner.

Archived