Home

New Modes Playable?

zerted

I just noticed today that if you select the game type filter in the server browser, they have the choices 2-CTF and Hunt Mode. Where these added? I didn't notice them before... Is LA updating the beta as we play it?

Assuming these modes do work, does anyone know the map codes that would be needed to run them?

They'll be included in the full game but they don't work in the Beta. I've tried putting in "2flag" intead of "1flag" for a map but it didn't work.

You can't play as the Clone Wars factions on Space Yavin either. Some things they just left out. These were planned to be included in the full game before the beta was released... the filters are just placeholders right now.

So these are the only choices you have:

Utapau: Clone Wars & Galactic Civil War; 1 Flag CTF or Conquest

Tantive IV: CW & GCW; 1 Flag CTF or Conquest

Space Yavin: GCW only; 1 Flag CTF or Assault

I got Hunt and 2 flag to work once, can't remember how... I think i was playing single player (batch file) and I "quit" that put me in this other place. I chose hunt and 2 flag and clicked launch and I was able to play them. But the funny thing was that no one was able to join. it said things like "nitendod3352 has Joined" and then immediately "nitendod3352 has left." I tried it again later on and I couldn't get it to work again. Really weird. But that means you must be able to make a batch file for it I would think...i don't know...

How could you play them if the maps don't exist? Give us the commands already!

You can't have "accidentally" played them, you'd have had to use a command string, which would be saved in the file! Spit it out! ;)

If you're secretly using a new version or something, don't try to trick us, heh.

If you don't give us a step by step, we can't verify what you're saying or repeat it.

Okay I think I've solved the mystery. You weren't really running those modes. You were just running a map that people could not spawn into, and while technically it was "running" nobody could play, because the required files are missing from the beta.

Oh well!

Archived