Home

Did Nemo know? *SPOILERS INDEED*

Jamps

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing the council didn't know about the Star Forge or the Maps, they just never explored the tombb because of kinrath/they couldn't open it. And I guess Nemo did know who he was, considering he's old and most likely recognized him.

Also, zadi, doesn't the PC head that your using have a red bow in her hair?

Also, zadi, doesn't the PC head that your using have a red bow in her hair?

More on the orange/rust side then true red, but yes. ;) I modified my PC's head to have teal eyes and a blue bow. See the mod forums for a copy of it.

Nope Kinrath... you know, those spider like nasties? :)

yeah, but... i dont remember any kinrath around the burial mounds. only kath hounds. Me thinks the only kinrath on dantooine are in the crystal cave. or maybe im just being stupid.... any way. fair play.

Was it really? I thought I had read the whole thread. I must not have been paying attention.

It still doesn't answer why the Council sent him there in the first place though. And frankly, breaking the life and death seals wasn't THAT hard to do, so I doubt he could have failed except on purpose. Unless maybe the carbonite droid froze him to death or something.

One thing's for sure, though, it just further highlights the Masters of Jedi Order as the manipulative pack of prevaricating hypocrites that they are.

Was it really? I thought I had read the whole thread. I must not have been paying attention.

It still doesn't answer why the Council sent him there in the first place though. And frankly, breaking the life and death seals wasn't THAT hard to do, so I doubt he could have failed except on purpose. Unless maybe the carbonite droid froze him to death or something.

One thing's for sure, though, it just further highlights the Masters of Jedi Order as the manipulative pack of prevaricating hypocrites that they are.

I don't think they knew the true danger of the mounds and assumed that what ever was inside was "harmless." Nemo was a long time Jedi, experienced, and again in their arrogance probably thought he could handle himself.

I still think that Nemo was killed by one of the two droids in the left room since there is a broken droid and one functioning droid. I don't think he even had a chance to access the computer.

Well, I don't think they thought it was harmless. The Jedi Order doesn't survive by making such assumptions. They likely sent Nemo in as a scout, to see how deadly the mounds truly were.

Here's where the crux comes in: What was his motive for fighting at all? Take it from a human perspective: Two death robots with heavy guns shooting at you. As a Jedi, I'd know I couldn't defeat them and beat a retreat out the door. But why did Nemo decide to fight? IF Nemo knew you were Revan, then he would sacrifice himself so that the not-so-strong Revan would have a chance to make a difference in the Galaxy. After all, could you fight two of those droids at once with the low level of Force that you have? As a Guardian/Soldier, maybe. Big maybe, and the game HAS to take into account every mox of characters. Nemo knew he wasn't as important as Revan. If he didn't know who you were, then his actions make no sense. And BioWare is smart enough to know that if you want to get rid of a minor character, you ignore him completely. You don't have to elaborately detail his death; they could have tallied him as a death of the Sith bombing if they chose. So, if he didn't know, logically he'd run for it, and be alive. But he didn't. And WHY is always going to solve any mystery; why any action occurs at all.

The fact that Nemo is dead at all basically sums up that he knew who you really were.

Still, in my experience it's not an easy fight on Easy difficulty when fighting one droid unless you equip your character or someone in your party with dual Ion Blasters and have everyone else just whack at that thing, and you can still be disabled. Several times I've had to use Adv. Medpacks from inventory (which I contend IS an exploit, but one I use frequently) in order to not get K-Oed. And I'm not exactly a newbie when it comes to organizing attacks. (I've ticked off my sisters who wanted to see action, but didn't understand why I had the game pause every round)

OK, although that is a good point, it doesn't cover why he attacked. If he was alone, he had to know with his Jedi senses that he would not survive. So why would he ever bother attacking? It would be to make sure you survived.

It may have been possible for you to tackle two at once, but there were no guarantees, esp. if you were playing Hard level as a Scoundrel/Consular. Nemo knew that playing uncertainties with someone with a destiny as great as Revans was a dangerous thing. How could Nemo sleep at night if his running and living meant that the only person who could defeat Malak was dead? Because of that, he'd soon enough die anyway.

In short, he did what every Jedi is supposed to do: Value others over themselves. It was a selfless act of sacrafice that ended up making one of the biggest differences in the game.

Archived