Home

Did Nemo know? *SPOILERS INDEED*

Jamps

First off, Nemo was truly dead, his body is in the room with the talking droid. Second of all,

If you have two Ion Pistols, fragging those droids is downright easy, it just takes time.

Do I think Nemo knew? Probably about you being Revan. Not about his death, though. The Jedi are not Sith; they don't send "servants" mindlessly to death.

Did the Council know? No. If they did,

they'd be off to the Star Forge right away.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Revan was already spoiled without spoilers.

Anyway, the Council knew about the ruins, because Dorak says they believed them to be simply burial mounds but after Rev and Bastila's vision they realized they must have been more. They also seem surprised when they hear about the Star Forge and the Star Map

Nobody has addressed this, but do you guys think Nemo was just playing dead? He wasn't in any of the rooms, and he easily could have made it look like he died in front of the droid so he told you. Revan's force senses still weren't strong enough to know if he's alive, and Bastila was in on the whole shin-dig so who knows. :o

The council knew all about the Star Maps even before you arrived, along with the fact you are Revan

I'd say that's common knowledge by now, eh? ;)

uh-hmm..think you mean his/her

(not trying to be rude, just want to tell some newbie that Revan could be male or female..depending on what sex you choose for your character)

I'm sure they could find out once they played the game. :smash:

The Jedi wouldn't send a man, especially Nemo, to certain death. Period. The Jedi are not like that, contrary to any other thoughts. I think what happened is, afther the Jedi manuevred you to the Jedi Enclave, they were hoping to continue with your training, while they were sending Jedi, including Nemo, to investigate burial mounds, since they knew that Revan and Malak had gone there when they were searching for the Star Forge.

They didn't know what was in there, or they didn't know all of it, otherwise they would have sent you to the planets before going in there. And they didn't know where the Star Forge was, otherwise they would have assaulted it a long time before, since they couldn't risk the daily multiplying of the Sith fleet.

I believe you give the Jedi Council more credit than they are due. Is'nt this the same Jedi Council that refused to act during the Mandalorian Wars? Yeah that's right, they were waiting to see what the correct course of action to take was. And when the entire Republic was either destroyed or controlled by the Mandalorians, and the council led off in chains, then the master plan would be sprung... what that plan would be- only Vrook can say. And thanks to Darth Treya, he ain't talkin!

I don't think so, back in K1 they were actually not too bad. And Jedi just aren't like that, maybe they are a bit complacent and don't move forward; Yet, that makes it even more likely that they would not do something like that.

And what is the point about the Jedi Council refusing to act and waiting to see what the correct course of action is? That has nothing to do with sending you off to find the Star Forge. If they already knew, then why would they send you off to do something that didn't mean anything? Even if they were waiting, what was the use for you, it wouldn't have done anything, since the whole purpose would be to find out something they already knew.

I believe you give the Jedi Council more credit than they are due. Is'nt this the same Jedi Council that refused to act during the Mandalorian Wars? Yeah that's right, they were waiting to see what the correct course of action to take was. And when the entire Republic was either destroyed or controlled by the Mandalorians, and the council led off in chains, then the master plan would be sprung... what that plan would be- only Vrook can say. And thanks to Darth Treya, he ain't talkin!

The Jedi didn't go to the mandalorian wars because they knew somehow that another war would follow if the Jedi joined this one. They could see that reckless actions would inevitably lead to the corruption of the Jedi.

However it could be argued that if the Council had led the Jedi then Reven and Malak would not have been in charge and there might not have been any fall. The problem is that the Council sensed the later danger but did not forsee that their own refusal to act was the cause of that later danger.

The Force works like that, fate is rubbery, try to push it too far off and it just springs back further the other way.

What I was saying before is that Nemo almost certainly knew who you were, which is why he says what he does about names.

He's not the only one who knows, Juhani should know as well.

Funny that, isn't it?

Juhani didn't know. She said to you on the Ebon Hawk after malak tells you:

"How can you be Revan? The Jedi...the one who freed me from the slums of Taris... it was you..." Mind you, this is if you go light side. If you go dark side (boo) then she says something different, but still never implys that she knew you were Revan.

Not to mention that Juhani says (in some of her cut content) that she never actually saw Revan. The Jedi who convinced her to join the Order was not Revan.

I know Revan didn't convince her to become a Jedi. THat was a female Jedi. I meant that Revan's people freed her from slavery on Taris. Sorry for the confusion.

Nemo was sent by the council to the ruins because he was probably the only jedi the council had available at the time. The other jedi were probably busy training or doing other tasks. Nemo probably didnt know what to expect when he went in the ruins and was cut down by the droids before he could do anything. The only weapon he had was a lightsaber and it takes at least 3 characters or one really powerful one with vibroblades or ion blasters to take the droids down so its obviously why Nemo was no match for them.

My pet peeve with the whole Nemo thing is when you search his body after hes dead, you find BLUE jedi knight robes instead of those white/yellowish colored robes that he had on. I dont get that.

The droids were a nightmare to fight against. Without element protection, you were at the mercy of the Carbonite projector and the Flamethrower.

It is possible Nemo knows who you are. Considering his age and the fact that he served for quite a while in the Jedi Order could have lead to an encounter between Revan and him. Of course, he was not permitted to reveal the truth.

Did the Council knew about the Star Map on Dantooine? Probably not. Did they knew about the Star Forge? Possible.

They might have heard rumors and such, of a Sith factory called the Star Forge but knew very little about it.

My pet peeve with the whole Nemo thing is when you search his body after hes dead, you find BLUE jedi knight robes instead of those white/yellowish colored robes that he had on. I dont get that.

Simple, the body model and texture used for Nemo and some of the other Jedi are not available to be used on your PC... so they give you Blue Robes instead. ;)

As for Nemo knowing if your PC is Revan. It's anybody's guess. But if I had to guess if he knew or not, I'd say he knew. I'm sure there were Jedi in on the fact that Revan is still alive and has a new identity. Others may have found out when Revan arrived on Dantooine. Bastila did speak with the Jedi Council about what happened and that Revan is here and to warn those who would recognize him/her so they would be prepared when they came across Revan.

(Contains some spoilers)

Right, the whole theme to Kotor II is that inaction or the fear of what might happen is what doomed the Jedi Council. They were so worried about what their actions might unleash, that their inaction caused the Jedi Civil War. Even after the Jedi Civil War and after the Exile brings them evidence of the new Sith plot, they refuse to do anything- other than try to destroy the very person who can stop the Sith (namely the Exile.)

So this whole thing with the Jedi Council knowing what was in the tomb of the star map? Who knows- maybe they figured they could get to the star map without Revan's help and when Nemo failed? Oops... maybe we should get Revan to go in there and get it. The point is that the Jedi Council at this time were a bunch of bungling beaurocrats.

Simple, the body model and texture used for Nemo and some of the other Jedi are not available to be used on your PC... so they give you Blue Robes instead. ;)

That can be fixed ;). Anyway, I still don't think Nemo knew who you were, but I will admit there is strong evidence supporting the theory that he does, whil I have nothing.

Archived