Home

FF7: Advent Chlidren

I think Insane Sith just likes to be contrary... If you told him he was the greatest thing since canning jars, then hed probly just deny it to be contrary. :p

Where is the lack of story in Advent Children? Wasnt the story about trying to get rid of that disease or whatever it was? Ill agree that it was a lets dump all the FF charas into the movie and it will be insanely popular plotline, but there was a (bit of a) plot in there. :p

Plot in Spirits Within? Im seriously setting here trying to figure out what it was... I saw it twice.. and while I think it wasnt that good, it wasnt that bad either... you have to remember I like bad scifi lol.

Come on now, this movie was made by people used to make short FMV-s for different Square games. They're not moviemakers used to work on feature length movies. This is clearly seen in the complete lack of characterization and the inexistant storyline that fails to involve the viewer. I'm sure this was a side project on order from Square to keep the company occupied in between games. As a FMV for a game it's great, but for a movie it's really bad. And to enjoy it, you must watch it for what it is.

I think it might be best you don't see it. It might possibly crush your FF fandom world.

nah, seeing cloud, kadaju and yazu(very handsome for a cgi character) have a dustup is reason enough to watch it... When you're a crazy fan, you become wickedly biased :) There are alot of nods to longtime fans, as there were in Spirits Within, so I gotta catch those too :)

mtfbwya

And you know this from personal experience? :xp: Seriously though, I don't think this kind of comment was very appropriate. Shame on our Sup. Mod. :tsk:

yes, I just realised it was actually he that said that !

keep it PG-13 Sithy ! ;)

Im assuming that advent children has a theater release in the US ??? Because its not due out on official dvd til November. Im gonna wait for that rather than a crappy fansub from ebay.

If there hasnt been a theater release in the US and y'all have seen it....well tsk tsk indeed !!!! :tsk: (unless you understand japanese of course)

mtfbwya

I loved this movie. I'm not sure exactly what Insane Sith is smoking.

The fights, the characters, the music, the graphics, the nostalgia, everything was great. T'was certaily better than Spirits Within. This coming from a FF fan.

I easily give this movie a 10/10 :thmbup1:

100% eye candy you say? Damn straight. Obviously people have different tastes.

When you're a crazy fan, you become wickedly biased :)

mtfbwya

:smash: Well then, that definitely applies to me. It's not often that you get to see an old favorite get an update... especailly in the form of a CGI movie. :o

The plot. Pretty straightforward, really. And understandable why others wouldn't favor it. But it's the contents that go along with it that make the whole movie shine.

Korferedon, please resize your sig. Please use others sigs as a guide. These guidelines apply to *everyone* Havent seen forcefightwithme's sig yet...

I think when it comes to FF7 AC a review from a neutral person is almost worthless. The movie was made as a sequel to the events of the game. Anyone who expects to watch it without knowing the original story is just asking to be let down. This is evidenced by the fact that the film is not being released in general theatrical distribution outside japan. In japan, those who attended theatrical releases were given booklets outlining this history.

so unless you are from japan, or have the japanese UMD and understand japanese, anyone else who has seen this is a dirty bootlegger !!

When it comes to something vital like subtitles for a film like this, anything substandard is just going to ruin the experience... therefore, Im waiting for the official dvd release :)

mtfbwya

Archived