Home

Post All Beta Command Line Arguments Here

zerted

I made this topic so all the beta commands can be found in one location. Its too hard looking through many posts and other web sites to come up with a complete list.

If you know what a command does and it is not posted there, please post the command and what it does. Please do not post a command which you don't know how it works. Thanks

Known BattlefrontIIEngBeta.exe command line arguments:

1. /win - Sets the game to a windowed mode
  2. /nosound - Turns game sounds off
  3. /nomusic - Turns game music off

As our friend TAW_Banzai posted (some editing here of his list):

1. /autonet dedicated -sets the server into dedicated mode, use "listen" instead of dedicated and remove /norender, /nosound, /win and change the resolution to play it non-dedicated. And yes apparently with a listen server you will be named "AUTONET."

2. /lan -turns your game into a LAN game (see "LAN" filter)

3. /adminpw <your password here> -sets the admin password

4. /noaim -turns off 'auto aim'

5. /noteamdamage -remove this to have friendly fire again!

6. /heroes 1 -turns heros on (default)

7. /hrunlock 2 -sets heros unlock mode. 1=kills, 2=points, 3=???

8. /hrunlockvalue 15 -set the threshold of the unlock. In this case, first team with a member to reach 15 points

9. /hrplayer 1 -sets the 'award' mode for who gets the hero. In this case, the player with the most points. Range: (top player) 1-7 (worst player)

10. /hrteam 3 -sets which teams get heroes. In this case, both teams, seperately. (means that there can be both factions' heroes on the field at the same time, but not always)

11. /hrrespawn 2 -honestly, I don't know what this does, so leave it at 2. I do know that it has to be in there.

12. /hrrespawnvalue 30 -sets the time on respawning for the hero. 30 seconds here I think.

13. /pregametime 30 -sets how long you see that "game will start in XX" countdown. I like mine set at 14.

14. /spawn 0 -sets spawn invincibility, zero for none. 2 seconds is good.

15. /bootlagger 300 -sets a value for allowing laggers on the server, here it's set to 300ms. prevents people with higher pings from joining.

16. /sideselect -when on, allows the player to choose a side, off = autoassign

17. /playerlimit 8 -sets the player limit. In this case, the player limit is 8

18. /bots 4 -sets the minimum number of bots in the game. Here it is set to 4

19. /difficulty 3 -sets AI difficulty. 1=easy, 2=normal, 3=elite.

20. /playercount 0 -sets the minimum number of human players to begin the game. At zero, the game begins as soon as it loads (after any pregame warmup of course).

21. /nointro -disables opening cutscenes/ads

22. /throttle 256 -[/throttle [bandwidth] - Sets the maximum bandwidth per client (in KB) for the server. Many servers use "6144" as a value.[/i]

23. /norender -used for running a server. no reason to render the game, taking up extra memory!

24. /resolution 320 240 -sets resolution when running a server, keep the window small since it doesn't need to be big!

25. /netregion USA -I'm assuming you can here put what region you want. Filters may catch what you write, so be careful. You can also put NA for not applicable.

26. /voicemode 2 -Not sure exactly. Voice chat?

27. /randomize - randomize map rotation, leave out to turn off

Here are the level codes:

Utapau - Outdoor

1. uta1g_1flag = Rebels vs Empire Capture the flag

2. uta1c_1flag = Republic vs CIS Capture the flag

3. uta1g_con = Rebels vs Empire Conquest

4. uta1c_con = CIS vs Republic Conquest

Tantive IV - Indoor (no vehicles)

5. tan1c_con Republic vs CIS Conquest

6. tan1g_con Rebels vs Empire Conquest

7. tan1c_1flag Republic vs CIS Capture the flag

8. tan1g_1flag Rebels vs Empire Capture the flag

Yavin - Space

9. spa1g_1flag Empire vs Rebels Capture the flag

10. spa1g_ass Empire vs Rebels Assault

Gametypes (use with a map name):

_1flag (1 Flag CTF)

_con (Conquest)

_ass (Assault, for Space Maps only)

After each map name, post the number of tickets (units, or reinforcements) each side gets (you can apparently choose any number, but 200 is usual one). For example:

tan1c_con 200 200

This would be Tantive IV map, Clone Wars factions, "Conquest" mode, 200 units per side.

When setting up your server, here is an example of a set of maps, after which it should cycle back to the beginning:

uta1g_con 350 350 tan1c_con 200 200

Which is "Utapau/Galactic Civil War Factions/Conquest/350-350, followed by Tantive IV/Clone Wars Factions/Conquest/200-200"

Maybe you will think it's silly but... Is there any way to set the whole teams to be heroes? or at least make something like 2 heroes in each team?

I tried the single player, and it's kinda cool. But I don't think you get a life-bonus as a jedi if you kill bots. I played as vedar and I killed like 30 times but the saber kept going down.

Thanks

15. /bootlagger 300 -sets a value for allowing laggers on the server, here it's set to 300ms

I am reasonablly certain that this is incorrect. The /bootlagger tag will not allow anyone on the server with a ping higher than the defined value. This keeps your server from being bogged down by people with lousy connections.

*Unless that is what you meant, in which case the wording is just a little confusing.

We were hoping to keep this thread devoted just to the commands, rather than clutter it up with questions (try the other thread on hosting a beta server for that).

But anyway, as to the bootlaggers, I basically copied somebody else's list, I haven't tried it myself. If you say that's what it does, I believe you. ;)

As to getting Heroes for killing bots, YES it does work. I've done it many many times, even when I was the only human. It just all depends on what you set the Hero values to. I wish I knew how to just start as a Hero, or have multiple heroes at once, but this may not be possible in the beta (only full). You can set the values though so it is very easy to get Heroes. Check the other thread for details.

Does anyone know where to get the data folder and the batch file text for the lvl "Space Kashyyyk" that i found here?

http://www.freewebs.com/sbfdude/chekout.JPG

I also found a server with 2-flag ctf once. How are these possible?

Probably a different version of the beta that we don't have. Unless they've announced something to the testers up for download, there's no way we common lot can get it. The files for those maps simply aren't in the first beta that was released.

Now I don't check it every day, but as of right now, I see only the standard maps and modes of the beta (Utapau, Tantive IV with 1 Flag CTF/Conquest, and Space Yavin with 1 Flag CTF/Assault).

Well whatever it is, I haven't seen it. If it's happening, it's likely some pre-beta thing that only a few people have. There's nothing about it on the official page or the beta sign up page. There's no auto update utility included with the beta that I know of, so anything new would have to be distributed. Oh well, maybe they'll announce it next Friday or something.

Unless of course this is just the case of the developers showing off a bit, teasing us with something we can't see. ;)

No, (Map Name)_ctf is 2-Flag, I am pretty Sure

Doesn't work. I tried tan1g_ctf and uta1c_ctf and it gave me the infamous "Fatal" error. Putting in the suffix "_2flag" doesn't work either. Sorry.

Well, Like i said i was just PRETTY Sure because it might only be Certain maps that can Have _ctf because i tried it with a Map that isn't in the Beta and it worked...

(Also let them Be able to Add /adminpw, because in DS manager you can't choose an /adminpw)

Then by all means, tell us which map you tried where it worked (in the beta)!

uta1g_ctf (doesn't work)

uta1c_ctf (doesn't work)

tan1g_ctf (doesn't work)

tan1c_ctf (doesn't work)

spa1g_ctf (doesn't work)

That's all the beta maps.

You can actually "load" maps that aren't in the beta, but they are just a black box, that is unplayable (you can't spawn in). But you can't load game modes that aren't in the beta, apparently, at all.

I dont know if it was 2-Flag or not but i hosted it and it didn't give me a Fatal it was:

cor1c_ctf

cor1g_ctf

dag1c_ctf

dag1g_ctf

tat2c_ctf

tat2g_ctf

But, like i said i Didn't ever Test it because I was hosting it on my Computer that doesn't have a Graphics card so i dont know if it was 2-Flag or something else

They don't work. No fatal error, but unplayable... (because there's no map present).

As others have pointed out, you can view the loading screen for that map, but that's it, in the beta. And yes, it does list them as "2 flag ctf" in the browser, and people can join, they just can't spawn.

So save these for the full version (assuming the maps are all still included of course!).

cor1c_ctf (black box)

cor1g_ctf (black box)

dag1c_ctf (black box)

dag1g_ctf (black box)

tat2c_ctf (black box)

tat2g_ctf (black box)

Still, good find. He can add that to his program. ;) The map names (36-39 of them) are all viewable in the GameData\data\_LVL_PC\Load\ folder, though these are preliminary (subject to change before the full version).

You know, I thought of another possibility.

Perhaps this Spaceguy simply edited his LVL files to display the NAME "Space Kashyyk", knowing full well that people would see it and be jealous, but nobody could join it and prove that it was real (or not real).

All you would need is a hex editor (like UltraEdit32), right? And since we can surmise that that's a real mapname, who would be the wiser? If you see somebody besides Spaceguy "playing" on such a server, then it'll be real news...

Or try it, edit your files to display something outlandish, like "Yoda's Harem Palace" and launch that server. ;)

Maybe we should create servers titled "SpaceGuy is a Doofus!" running that or some other map not in the beta. ;)

Ha! Done. ;)

Gamename "Spaceguy_Is_Nuts!" map: spa3c_ass (Space Kashyyyk)

or spa9g_ (Space Tatooine)

or spa8g_ (Space Hoth)

or spa7c_ (Space Felucia)

or spa6c_ (Space Mygeeto)

[spa5g_ / spa5c_ doesn't work]

[spa4g_ / spa4c_ doesn't work]

[spa2g_ / spa2c_ doesn't work]

Freely plug in suffix _ctf, _ass, or _1flag for the game mode! (though _ctf may not work for space maps)

Interestingly enough, a space map not in the beta shows a starfield and shows you the objectives, even though of course you still can't join (unlike the black box of the missing ground maps).

Some maps seem to only work with c, rather than g! So it appears like with SWBF1, some maps are limited to one era.

Checking out the Clone Wars space maps, I see you get your Droid Marine (green coloration) and Clone Marine (looks like a blue clad clone trooper), in addition to the expected pilots. The Clone Pilot is the one with the open faced helmet we see at the beginning of ROTS. Looks like their weaponry is basically the same as given to the Imperial/Rebel sides on Space Yavin (equivalents for their era anyway). You CAN spectate the map and look around at stuff (including a view of the planet surface). There's a black box where the "objective map" screen would appear for Assault. On Space Felucia I noticed explosions and shots flying around in the empty space. I guess that part is scripted. ;)

PS, as long as we're listing variables, here's the list of maps (add the proper letter for the era, and the _gamemode suffix and you should be ready to go, though some of these might not end up in the final version, they are at least listed in the beta right now):

Ground Map names:

bes1 (Bespin)

bes2 (Bespin #2)

cor1 (Coruscant)

dag1 (Dagobah)

dea1 (Deathstar)

end1 (Endor)

geo1 (Geonosis)

hot1 (Hoth)

kam1 (Kamino)

kas1 (Kashyyk)

kas2 (Kashyyk)

mus1 (Mustafar)

myg1 (Mygeeto)

nab1 (Naboo)

nab2 (Naboo #2)

pol1 (Polis Masaa)

rhn1 (Rhen Var)

rhn2 (Rhen Var #2)

tan1 (Tantive IV)

tat1 (Tatooine)

tat2 (Tatooine #2)

tat3 (Tatooine #3)

uta1 (Utapau)

yav1 (Yavin)

yav2 (Yavin #2)

fel1 (Felucia)

Eras:

g (Galactic Civil War factions)

c (Clone Wars factions)

Some maps may be only usable with one era.

Suffixes:

_con (Conquest Mode for ground maps)

_ctf (2 flag CTF Mode for ground maps)

_ass (Assault Mode for space maps)

_1flag (1 Flag CTF for space/ground maps)

_??? (Hunt Mode)

Format:

fel1g_con (Felucia, Galactic Civil War era, Conquest mode)

Archived