Home

List of maps possibly in the Final Version...

Kurgan

Based on the EA Imagine 2005 Presentation Video, these are the maps for the X-Box:

Coruscant

Dagobah

Death Star

Endor

Felucia

Geonosis

Hoth

Jabba's Palace

Kamino

Kashyyyk

Mos Eisley

Mustafar

Mygeeto

Naboo

Polis Massa

Space Felucia

Space Hoth

Space Kashyyyk

Space Mygeeto

Space Tatooine

Space Yavin

Tantive IV

Utapau

Yavin 4

I would bet that all these are in the PC version too. Though I noticed that Bespin and RhenVar were missing completely from the X-Box demonstration, and they only had 1 map for each of the listed sites. The PC version will have Bespin Platforms and Cloud City, RhenVar Citadel and Harbor, 2 Yavin maps, 2 Kashyyyk maps, 2 Naboo maps, 3 Tatooine maps (including Jabba's Palace) and probably 3 more space maps than the X-Box demonstration showed (for a total of 9).

That brings the total to 35 maps...That should definitely keep us all busy for awhile!

I am hoping for at least every planet from the movies as a map. I know I will be disappointed. Since I have heard Alderran is not in it. I hope Rhen Var is not in it. It should not of been in Star Wars Battlefront in the first place. Stick to the movie planets. I mean there is plenty of battles shown on film to make maps to play on.

Well when you think about it, Alderaan would be just as likely a candidate for a map in SWBF2 as any other. Those extra planets like Mygeeto, Polis Massa, Felucia, etc. they are barely shown at all in the movie, and yet they're included. Besides, doing a space battle around Alderaan would be no big deal (just a new planet graphic).

Corellia on the other hand is never shown, ever, it's only implied that such a planet exists because there are some space ships named after it (Han Solo mentions "the big Corellian ships" in ANH). Then again if we didn't have Han's EU backstory, we could just as likely assume that "Corellia" was an alien species, a corporation, a brand name, etc. ;)

Considering the lack of commitment to movie accuracy in the SWBF series thus far, I don't think its such a big deal. Anyway, looks like the chances of seeing an Alderaan map are pretty much zero for now, since they haven't said anything, unless they were secretly working on it and plan to release it with a patch later (a la "Jabba's Palace").

Anyway, I think we have the list of maps now (unless they surprise us with something new at the last minute!). ;)

But the thing is, when we see Mygeeto and Felucia, theres a battle going on on them, and we actually see what they look like, making it very easy to make them into Battlefront maps. I don't remember what Alderaan even looked like, i couldn't imagine a battle going on on Alderaan, we wouldn't be able to relate it to anything.

Polis Massa was in the film alot longer than Mygeeto and Felucia.

So what. We see Mos Eisley but we don't see a battle going on there. We don't see a battle going on in Kamino or Yavin IV or Dagobah for that matter. No battles occured on Tatooine (unless you count the skirmish over Carkoon, which is conspiciously absent from both games) and we got three of them in the games (four when you count the new space battle, which might refer to the "battle" between the Tantive IV and the Star Destroyer, so you could argue it might be "canon")! Just because there wasn't a full scale battle (Bespin was a skirmish between individuals and a handful of troopers as well) on that planet in the movie doesn't mean we can't imagine one in the game. The majority of the battles we see in SWBF1/2 never happened anyway. They're all made-up. So it's not an issue of being true to the movies, only that these all exist in Star Wars, so they're fair game. Alderaan was featured in ROTS for the first time in a SW movie (the surface), as were these other planets, though at least we'd known about Alderaan before ROTS. If anything it had more of a "right" to be included than Mygeeto or Felucia!

We see as much of Mygeeto and Felucia as we see of Alderaan, so I don't think it's a valid argument to say that because of this Alderaan is automatically out.

When the DVD comes out you can see Alderaan's surface at the end of the movie where it shows Bail and Mrs. Organa holding baby Leia in that city. We see as little of this planet as we do those others, so we can make it into a battle just as easily.

Polis Massa was seen much more, you're right, but we mostly see that robot maternity ward. If there is going to be a battle on that planet, it's not going to be inside that tiny waiting room or the adjoining operating room. It's going to be on the surface, which we only see for a few seconds. It looks like the moon with lots of asteroid debris nearby.

Anyway, I don't see any logical argument why Alderaan couldn't have been included (many more logical reasons why it could have been put in), they simply chose not to put it in.

Star Wars fans know what all the planets look like, when Mygeeto and Felucia where shown in Episode 3 no-one blinked, it was the climactic part of Revenge of the Sith, or one of them, so no-one looked away.

We see people and a baby on Alderaan, we can't relate that to Battlefront, but with Mygeeto and Felucia we see a Battle going on which is something we can relate to Battlefront.

Now i know that Tatooine and Dagobah didn't have any battles on them but they are very influential planets and people will still recognise them in Battlefront, Unlike a planet like Alderaan which was shown for 10 seconds with some family scene in it.

Oh and Mygeeto and Felucia are both very different and unique planets, which is why they would have been chosen over Alderaan.

Come on, gotta be some logic there.

Archived