Home

Two Problems

Great Scott!

Hello everyone! I'm new here! Anyways, sorry if this has been posted before, but I got Galactic Battlegrounds: Saga Edition in Connecticut, and it worked fine on the computer there. But on all of the computers down here in Virginia, I've noticed two problems (and these are the only things preventing me from playing): 1. Colors in menus are messed up. This can usually be fixed just by playing in-game and going back to the menu, but it's still annoying. and 2. There's no music during gameplay. I am using a Windows XP Home Edition. Thanks!

P.S. Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

EDIT: Crud, it is... could somebody move this to "Tech Troubles"? Thanks.

Guest DarthMaulUK

You might need to update your graphics card drivers on your PC and also your sound, by getting the latest version of direct X from the microsoft website. Do you know the make of the graphics card on your PC?

DMUK

That link doesn't work. I just get this:

# Your session has expired and the action has not been completed.If you entered data in the previous screen and would like to save them, follow these steps.1) Click this button.

# 1) Click this [back] button.

# 2) Select your unsaved text, press the Ctrl+c to copy it.

# 3) Refresh your browser and begin your process again.

# 4) Press Ctrl+v to paste your data in the appropriate text box.

If you just want to restart your session and discard any possible unsaved data from the previous screen, click below.

[Restart Session]

And neither of the buttons help (not that the back button would either way).

And I really don't know squat about my sound card truthfully, but it says it's an "Advance AC'97 Audio". I've never had any problems with it for any other programs.

Oh, I see, uhm, ok, then I'll have to guide you.

First, click here.

On the top you'll find a button called Drivers and Software. Hover over it and a drop down menu should appear. Choose Window XP.

Next, Windows XP Drivers and Software, typed in red.

A new page will load listing different catagories. Choose the Radeon.

On the next page that loads, pick the top option, the Catalyst 5.9 Windows XP - Driver Download.

You'll get a list of 2 types of drivers. You'll have to find out which one you need, if you have the Catalyst software already or not.

To find out you can bring up your Monitor Properties Menu (Right click on the desktop is one way, and choosing Properties). If you see Alternatives (or something along those lines there) among the usual General, Card, Monitor, etc..., click it.

If you have the Catalyst Control Center, the word Catalyst should appear.

If you're still in doubt, choose the download that doesn't contain the Catalyst Control Center.

Archived