Home

Monkey Island T-Shirt - Who's a REAL Fan here?

LeChimp9696

Finally I can announce Monkey Island T-Shirts are available. Please check my signature.

The T-Shirts show the message:

"We Want Monkey Island 5"

If we all get together and show these off, we can make a difference.

Let's show Lucas Arts we mean business.

Thanks

I was expecting a more positive response really. Fair enough the price is a bit high but I personally have to spend a lot of money or production for each shirt. Here are the costs.

£2 per T-Shirt (approx $4)

£1 per printing paper per shirt (approx $2)

£5 delivery (approx $9)

£25 per month ink and priting equipment hire (approx $45)

+ Manual labour.

Being in the UK the costs are in £pounds which has much higher value than the dollar therefore I have to sell the shirts for quite a bit in dollar value.

We all buy designer T-Shirts for rediculous prices. I'm not too bothered about designer gear myself if there was any gear worthy of high prices it would be rare stuff like these shirts.

I am a Monkey Island fan, I have been since I played the second one. I loved it so much that since then not only I played all of them I eagerly await news for the 5th version and am always on the lookout.

As for making an impact on Lucas Arts well I guess maybe I got a bit carried away or was too excited (or ambitious). But if these shirts went fast and the shirt website became popular I would have done a press release which could have got Lucas Arts attention. I don't know.

If I don't get many sales I guess I will just have to end this.

Damn I think I got excited over no reason.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure anyone I gave that too for christmas would throw all £33 worth of it back in my face and demand a real present. No seriously, unless people had actually heard of the thing and liked it, they'd just think I was weird, and whilst I'm okay with being weird in small doses, paying all that money for a Fanboy T-Shirt that probably won't make a difference just goes over the top a tiny bit.

Making shirts like that will cost you about £5 if you do your shopping at a second hand-

shop. I've made Final Fantasy fan-shirts for some geeky friends of mine, and I probably made them pay about £4-5. This is not flaming chimpy's honest t-shirt empire with reasonable internet t-shirt prices, but just a little

tips to all of you who want something similair and have a few quid to spare.

I just love the idea that with one T-Shirt sale, he's made enough to pay off the Printer Hire, and with 5 T-Shirt sales, he's made a cool £100.

EDIT: Oops, I didn't even bother to compare prices actually, since you haven't got a British price down, I'll have to go along with the US price structure and still wonder why they're paying an extra $22 for printing and manual labour and so on?

Also, doesn't you're website state free delivery? You know, that's not another way of saying the delivery charges are actually hidden in the oddly overprices T-Shirts.

I have an idea, instead of begging the Emperor for a piece of stale bread like a pathetic dog why don't we say to the Emperor "screw you man, we don't need you, we're going to MAKE OUR OWN!"

You should be ashamed of yourself. I for one refuse to play by Georgyboy's rules any longer. Mark my words; Should they ever make MI5 I will NEVER buy it. I will never play it. I will never download the demo, I won't look at pictures. What I WILL do, however, is come to this forum and listen to you all bitch about how much it sucks and wish they would make MI6, just like you all did when EMI came out. The glory days are gone man, move on. Dwelling on the past will only take your attention away from the present, and someday you're going to wake up and wish you had back all that time you spent hoping and praying for MI5.

I have an idea, instead of begging the Emperor for a piece of stale bread like a pathetic dog why don't we say to the Emperor "screw you man, we don't need you, we're going to MAKE OUR OWN!"

You should be ashamed of yourself. I for one refuse to play by Georgyboy's rules any longer. Mark my words; Should they ever make MI5 I will NEVER buy it. I will never play it. I will never download the demo, I won't look at pictures. What I WILL do, however, is come to this forum and listen to you all bitch about how much it sucks and wish they would make MI6, just like you all did when EMI came out. The glory days are gone man, move on. Dwelling on the past will only take your attention away from the present, and someday you're going to wake up and wish you had back all that time you spent hoping and praying for MI5.

Somebody didn't get his milk before bed last night...

• 2 weeks later...

There's no need to pay prices like that for T-Shirts, firstly, local T-Shirt printers and screenprinters can do a better job, secondly: There's plenty of other online companies able to do T-Shirts and send them.

Before I've ordered around 50 T-Shirts, all with customised nicknames, full writing on the back, in glow in the dark lettering. This worked out at around £7 a T-Shirt excluding delivery.

So if anyone wants to know a UK company that can do T-Shirts cheaply, http://www.clanshirts.co.uk

(Nice first post back in the community :))

I'd be a "fan" if, perhaps the image was completely new, that is, drawn by one of the very talented fans we have in this great community. I like the idea of having the large main cast in the picture, but I would really ask for it all done in the same art style. If Paco or others very talented in CMI style, would make the image, and it were to be put on cafepress.com, I'd consider it.

Until then, I'm not a "fan".

Archived