Home

Monkey Island T-Shirt - Who's a REAL Fan here?

LeChimp9696

Finally I can announce Monkey Island T-Shirts are available. Please check my signature.

The T-Shirts show the message:

"We Want Monkey Island 5"

If we all get together and show these off, we can make a difference.

Let's show Lucas Arts we mean business.

Thanks

I was expecting a more positive response really. Fair enough the price is a bit high but I personally have to spend a lot of money or production for each shirt. Here are the costs.

£2 per T-Shirt (approx $4)

£1 per printing paper per shirt (approx $2)

£5 delivery (approx $9)

£25 per month ink and priting equipment hire (approx $45)

+ Manual labour.

Being in the UK the costs are in £pounds which has much higher value than the dollar therefore I have to sell the shirts for quite a bit in dollar value.

We all buy designer T-Shirts for rediculous prices. I'm not too bothered about designer gear myself if there was any gear worthy of high prices it would be rare stuff like these shirts.

I am a Monkey Island fan, I have been since I played the second one. I loved it so much that since then not only I played all of them I eagerly await news for the 5th version and am always on the lookout.

As for making an impact on Lucas Arts well I guess maybe I got a bit carried away or was too excited (or ambitious). But if these shirts went fast and the shirt website became popular I would have done a press release which could have got Lucas Arts attention. I don't know.

If I don't get many sales I guess I will just have to end this.

Damn I think I got excited over no reason.

Thanks

I think it's cool what you are doing, I have been trying to get a hi-res scan of The Secret of Monkey Island poster so I can reproduce it and give everyone one. People need to forget about what the hell LucasArts thinks and just do it anyway. I fully support what you are trying to do but at $37.95 per T shirt I don't think you are going to sell many. You should maybe try and get them printed using transfers, I have just done a bunch of T's this way and I only works out at £2 - 4 per T (depending on the size).

Archived