Home

Star Wars TV Series News [spoiler tags]

Windu Chi

Originally posted by coupes.

:lol:

No, Siv is referring to Kevin Smith, the Producer/Writer/Actor/Editor. Responsible for films like Clerks, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Mallrats, Dogma and Chasing Amy.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0003620/

I love his movies, and I'm sure he'd be perfect to write/direct the series. I hope this turns out to be true ;)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=kevin+smith&btnG=Google+Search :dozey:

Hmmm.... I wonder why it was wrong when i did it?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Sivy

kevin smith and mark hamil are making a star wars TV series.

which means it's likely to be set after ROTJ.

it is also very likely that it will contradict a lot of the EU

*ahem* Smith and Hammill will be involved in the 2006 TV series... which is post ROTS my Belgian friend.... it is about the jedi purge and the twins.....

mtfbwya

That means it is after EP3 and before EP4?

I guess the same way as the clone wars but add an episode both sides?

i.e. between ep2 and ep3 + 1 = between ep3 and ep4 (for all you people who cant understand what says me do.)

EDIT

^^ yes it is a joke.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Actually I'd say the majority of them hate the idea.

Indeed.

I'll give you three reasons why.

1. Star Wars Holiday Special

2. Droids/Ewoks series

3. Young Indianna Jones

Lucas should not just avoid TV, he should turn and run from it with increased vigor.

To me it sounds like, if you're planning on making a live-action series, don't bother, but if you would make something like Star Wars: Clone Wars on Cartoon Network, please start right now!

Live action shows without the actual actors have always tanked, but cartoons (YAAA CARTOONS!) usually do rather well if they have good animators and storyliners.

First, I work for Hasbro. If you're not familiar with us - we do the Star Wars toys.

Without getting anyone's butt in trouble, especially my own, I wanted to let you know that there's a "Star Wars" TV series in the works - because we've just got the contract for the new line. Barrage of new characters in the show that I've never heard of (sans a couple), but someone said it's along the lines of 'Young Indiana Jones' and it could have Mark Hamill reprising his role as Luke Skywalker for several episodes. George Lucas is involved, but only in the creative sense. A Lucas Film rep told another of the guys here that they're going to be testing a mass of young actors for the roles. I'm keen myself to find out who's playing [hint] 'the original owner of the Falcon'".

Linky

Is the show going to follow around Lando Calrissian? :confused:

Originally posted by legowar

To me it sounds like, if you're planning on making a live-action series, don't bother, but if you would make something like Star Wars: Clone Wars on Cartoon Network, please start right now!

Live action shows without the actual actors have always tanked, but cartoons (YAAA CARTOONS!) usually do rather well if they have good animators and storyliners.

Not sure if that is true, but for SW it is. I admit that in JA i got annoyed that Luke's voice wasnt Mark Hammil, so I'll be fumming if they get another actor.

Also, I think that although a cartoon would be better, the only one that I have heard people say they liked is the clone wars which are only about 5 minutes long if i am correct? Although i have never seen an episode. Dont have the channel to see it and im waiting until i see the dvd in the shops. (I dont trust internet shops - bad experiences with ebay)

So, I think the cartoon would be better, depending on how it is done, the live action could/would work.

Originally posted by Chase Windu

Though I'd loke to know more about Lando's past and see him when the Falcon was his and then him losing it to Han I feel there's way more things that would be way more interesting.

I agree with everything you said. In the whole Star Wars universe, including EU (of which I know only tidbits), there are way more interesting things than Lando. Lando served his purpose in the movie, but he never really appealed to me. I don't know, MAYBE it would work. I'd rather see what happens after ROTJ.

:cool:

Edit: It might also be that they plan to put the show before the prequels? We might see a shiny new Falcon.

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Is the show going to follow around Lando Calrissian? :confused:

Lando isn't the original owner of the Falcon, he won it off someone else. only a few months before losing it to Han.

i heard the show would follow a group of young jedi knights, and luke would pop up now and again to help them out.

also that Kevin Smith is involved.

Originally posted by Sivy

...i heard the show would follow a group of young jedi knights, and luke would pop up now and again to help them out.

also that Kevin Smith is involved.

yeah, Ive heard the Kevin Smith thing too, but definitely not confirmed. GL said at the oscars this year that the new series is set between Ep III and IV. I dunno why people are saying Luke is in it again :p

I think we will have a good clue if a few jedi knights dont die in ROTS. In particular aayla secura, who was one of the *rumoured* characters in the new series :)

I'd prefer the "Erotic Adventures of Scantily Clad Twilek Jedi" to some jackass pretending he's a young Billy Dee Williams :(:p

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

yeah, Ive heard the Kevin Smith thing too, but definitely not confirmed. GL said at the oscars this year that the new series is set between Ep III and IV. I dunno why people are saying Luke is in it again :p ....

I didn't see the Oscars, so I did not know that. How could Luke be in it? That doesn't make sense. Not, unless, they did a time-travel story.*shudders*

Don't get me wrong, Kevin Smith is a great director and writer, but for Star Wars??? Of Course, no one thought Sam Raimi could do Spiderman. :cool:

More news, Lucasfilm is looking for some people for the following jobs now,

TV Character Designer

TV Color Designer/Tex Mat

TV Environment Designer

TV Props/EFX Designer

EFX Trainee

EFX Trainer

Animation Trainee

Animation Trainer

Animator

they're also doing more star wars cartoons.

in the making of Ep III book GL says to Frank Oz "we're doing this other thing. because the Clone wars was so successful we're going to be putting out 30 minutes shows" and "all the main characters are coming back"

that's probably not word for word, but it's pretty close i think

Archived