Home

Star Wars TV Series News [spoiler tags]

Windu Chi

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heh..and I used to be worried that the SW phenomenon would end with the end credits of Episode III. Im quite glad to be wrong :) I think its going to be very interesting and different to see SW in these new media. The CW series was awesome, so as long as high production values are kept, I think any other animated or live action series will be worth checking out :)

mtfbwya

Originally posted by windu6

What do you very strong Star Wars fans out there think of a

Knights of the Old Republic tv series? The reason I ask because I

believe extreme Star Wars fans had always wanted a Star Wars

tv series. Well since Episode 3:Revenge of the Sith is supposably

to be the last film as George Lucas claim, why not have a tv

series.:cool:

Mabey you missed a little somthing called The Clone Wars

Originally posted by Darth Obsidian

Mabey you missed a little somthing called The Clone Wars

I have seen all The Clone Wars buddy, but I talking about a realisted looking Star Wars series that you don't have to wait every two years to see (movies) but every week to see the action. P.S. The Clone Wars series rock!;)

Originally posted by windu6

What do you very strong Star Wars fans out there think of a

Knights of the Old Republic tv series? The reason I ask because I

believe extreme Star Wars fans had always wanted a Star Wars

tv series. Well since Episode 3:Revenge of the Sith is supposably

to be the last film as George Lucas claim, why not have a tv

series.:cool:

We've actually had plenty of Star Wars tv shows before, and TV movies. We had the Droids and Ewoks animated series's, the dreaded Star Wars Holiday Special, the two Ewok Adventure TV movies, and more recently the Clone Wars animated series.

Of course we're assuming now this is a live action series (and not a mini series or TV movie) so that would be a lot more expensive to make.

I've heard it's going to take place between Episode III and IV, if it's made at all, but that's up in the air.

Originally posted by Kurgan

I've heard it's going to take place between Episode III and IV, if it's made at all, but that's up in the air.

*A TV show was confirmed officially by Lucasfilm and annouinced at sw.com last year. In the making of ROTS book, Lucas comments further on it... so it will be made :)

*GL confirmed that it was going to be set between III and IV at the oscars this year..

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

*GL confirmed that it was going to be set between III and IV at the oscars this year..

yeah but we don't know if he means the live action one or the animated one.

i think one of them will be set between Ep III and IV and will probably show Vader hunting down the remaining jedi and the origins of the rebellion.

i'm hoping this will be the live action one. why? i don't think a cartoon vader running around killing everyone would be as cool as a live action one. plus the actors that play Bail, Mon Montha etc in Ep III would be up for it, as too would Anthony Daniels. it doesn't matter if Hayden is or not because all they need is someone the same height seeing as he's in a suit. and Iain McDiammid might be up for it too. so there's a lot of potential there.

the other show will involve Mark Hamil and Kevin Smith and will probably (seeing as luke will be in now and again) be set after Ep VI.

i'm hoping this is the animated one. this is backed by by something GL said in 'the making of Ep III book' he tells frank oz that they're making an anminated star wars show that will be 30 minutes each and will have all the 'main characters' in it.

i believe he means characters from the OT, Luke, Han, Leia etc.

so it makes sense to make it animated because all they need to do is get some sound-a-likes, instead of the original actors.

Well, you;d damn hope so. Did you see Harrison Ford in Hollywood Homicide. What a silly old codger.... I am just dreading him in "Indy 4 and the Adventures of The Hip Replacement" :p

mtfbwya

[EDIT]The thread "KOTOR TV series" became a discussion about the SW TV series from its very second post

I have merged these threads.

carry on!

Originally posted by Lynk Former

I'd like Yoda's first guests to be the muppets :D

Yoda could interview Kermit the Frog!!!! It would be great if Frank Oz messed up and did't switch voices

:D

"Kermit the Frog, am I. Pleased to be here, I am. "(Yoda voice)

"Hi ho, Yoda the .....the.....um, thing here"

:cool:

Originally posted by Lion54

Yoda could interview Kermit the Frog!!!! It would be great if Frank Oz messed up and did't switch voices

:D

"Kermit the Frog, am I. Pleased to be here, I am. "(Yoda voice)

"Hi ho, Yoda the .....the.....um, thing here"

Im sure if Frank Oz heard that he'd want to kill you :p

Kurgan, please dont bring Jar Jar into the discussion, it is FORBIDDEN ! :p

mtfbwya

Young Han Solo Chronicles?

That would be set between EP3 and 4. It would show how Han met Chewie, aquired the Millenium Falcon, managed to get a bounty on his head by Jabba etc - it seems clear that GL has thought a bit about Han's back story.

It could also be used to explain a lot of Boba Fett's back story and how he and Han became enemies. We basically don't see Boba between Ep2 and Ep5, so there's a lot that could be explained (e.g. Is his armour just Jango's repainted, or is it his own set etc). A lot of this is done in EU books, but i'm not really a fan of those and this TV would bring it to a much wider audience.

There would be the overall background arc in place (like the hunting of the Jedi, rise of the Empire etc - very much like WW1 in Young Indy), but it wouldn't be integral to the stories.

Whether it'll be animated or not, I don't know, but it could follow the young indy format where each episode is a little adventure in itself.

Just my penny's worth

mtfbwya

Who me? I didn't say anything.*Looks around innocently*

@ Codja j-

I like that idea. Only problem I have is, if its not animated, who would play Han? Hopefully not Sean Patrick Flanery. He would probably be too old anyway, but he did alright as young Indy. Still, nobody can replace Harrison Ford.

If they do that, I hope its animated. My opinion is that the live show should feature unique charactors, or maybe EU charactors. I just hope they don't mess with the original, more because of the actor thing than anything eles. I like the idea though.

Kurgan, please dont bring Jar Jar into the discussion, it is FORBIDDEN ! :p

mtfbwya

But mesa be doin' nuttin'! *Yoda throws lightning at him, while audience laughs*

Originally posted by Codja X

Just my penny's worth

Mahy of the answers you seek have already been explained. The *excellent* "Han Solo Troligy" by AC Crispin tells us alot of Hans Life story, starting from when he was a kid, to his pre ANH days.

Boba's green armour was bequeathed from jaster mereel. This was explained in various comics and the Bounty Hunter game :)

as cool as these shows would be. I hope the TV series is going to go in some new directions, but keeping its basic foundations in the time periods designated. I dont really know what the planned animated series is about. If it is going to feature the OT characters, it better be good, I'd much rather prefer new stuff :)

mtfbwya

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by abespam

C3: Star Wars TV Show Info Recap

100 episode x 1hr = 100hr of SW live action

w000000t

wonder which spin off character they will choose

OK.. to summarise... am I right in saying ?

*Live action show : Post ROTS (100 eps = 4 seasons !) Obviously, the main thing that happens post ROTS in the Jedi Purge and the move from Republic to Empire... Not to mention the Birth of the Rebellion...

*Animated show: 3D CGI - will show adventures in PT era ??

wow, and I used to think SW would end with the end of ep3 :)

Im glad I am wrong :D

mtfbwya

yay!!!

But i thought that (doubtfull spoiler but worth spoilerizing anyway)

aayla secura died in the film by a group of clones. The trailer had the looking worried and she was gonna die. But I guess she knows her part better than me

but im not complaining - im just in shock.

Archived