Home

Star Wars TV Series News [spoiler tags]

Windu Chi

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is anybody else kinda saddened that both the tv series and the cartoon are going to be based off the prequal trilogies. I love the prequal trilogy timeline don't get me wrong. I also love that the clone wars cartoons are going to continue in some form, but i kinda wish we could see something during the original trilogy.

its been so long since i've read or seen something new that involved the rebels vs. the empire. It just be nice to see something that takes place at the same time as the original trilogies.

not to mention they have a great non main character they could base it on, dash rendar. consider this is the beginning of the movement to get a dash rendar show. to join the movement please send me money, i won't do anything to try and get a dash rendar show with the money, but the money will cushion the sadness of no new dash rendar stories for me.

Originally posted by Sivy

...i just hope Vader is in it.

thats easy, just pop a tall dude in the suit, make him point menacingly in most scenes, with perhaps the occasional saber duel.... there are plenty of soundalikes... One was used in ESB SE in fact. There is also a guy called Ben Fletcher who is a legendary Vader in the fanfilm world(good saberising too) see fanfilm "Knightquest" for him in action :)

mtfbwya

http://filmforce.ign.com/starwars/articles/607/607491p1.html

"Lucas stated that "we're probably not going to start that for about a year." Lucas added, "We want to write all the stories for the entire first season all at once. I'm going to get it started, and hire the show runners and all of that, then I'll probably step away"

when are these shows actually going to start coming out. maybe this is wishful thinking, but it seems to me that clone wars cartoon may come out sometime this year since lucas said only the live action will not be started for about a year.

I want to know how they are going to continue the clone wars? I havnt seen them, but I have heard that they go right to the beggining of Ep3.

so are they going to go before the original cartooons? at the same time but a different place or are they going to expand the clone wars story?

Or have I heard wrong?

I'm a little apprehensive about the live action show. To me it signals more "stuff we don't have to show or talk about in the last movie."

Why is that a bad thing? Because TV shows have lower budgets and are typically more drawn out. They either focus on dialouge or tend to be episodic. That's not a given of course. But I'd rather see stuff like the Jedi Purge and all those "big Star Wars events" happen in ROTS, rather than in some lower quality secondary materials (see "the Matrix" problem).

We don't get to see this TV series in theaters on the big screen after all.

A TV series has other problems, in that it'll upset EU fanatics if it isn't by the book, but oh well. We'll see what they come up with. Maybe it'll be good, who knows?

Originally posted by guybroom

I want to know how they are going to continue the clone wars? I havnt seen them, but I have heard that they go right to the beggining of Ep3.

Or have I heard wrong?

season 2 of the current clone wars series goes to the beginning of ep3... :)

Kurgan, im sure anything post ROTS about the jedi purge is like a 'mopping up' Most of it would happen during the ROTS timeframe. Id say the series is just as much about the consolidation of the Empire, the "Rise of Vader" and perhaps the birth of the rebellion...

mtfbwya

Originally posted by eastcoast2895

i'm guessing the expansion of the clone wars cartoons will take place between volume 1 and volume 2. the jump made in the first episode of volume 2 was a long time.

After ROTS, it will be much more interesting to see what happens afterwards.... There are enough EU sources to tell us what ani and obi did in those 3 years between AOTC and ROTS....

bring on the jedi purge !

mtfbwya

• 2 weeks later...

TV Series filmed in Sydney

:D

The series was still a long way from being crewed and cast, but McCallum said it would use Sydney actors and crew -- and a variety of directors

does that mean they will not use characters such as aayla secura and such forth??

I'd prefer if GL didnt direct because than it would be more likely that the producers would try to stay with the continuity of the EU.

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

After ROTS, it will be much more interesting to see what happens afterwards.... There are enough EU sources to tell us what ani and obi did in those 3 years between AOTC and ROTS....

bring on the jedi purge !

mtfbwya

i agree that seeing new stuff will be more interesting, but since the live action is already going to be about what happens after ROTS, i kinda like the idea of continuing the clone wars cartoons by showing more stuff that happen during the clone wars. also i like to see more obi-wan and anakin interaction.

Originally posted by abespam

TV Series filmed in Sydney

:D

does that mean they will not use characters such as aayla secura and such forth??

I'd prefer if GL didnt direct because than it would be more likely that the producers would try to stay with the continuity of the EU.

cmon abes, theres a whole bunch of people at lucasfilm whose entire job is to ensure continuit is cohesive(as humanly possible) :)

aayla secura seems to be the character most speculated on, though no official word from Lucasfilm, so until you hear it from them, it could as well be the Croc Hunter playing a jedi :p CRIKEY !!

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

aayla secura seems to be the character most speculated on...

Actually, Amy Allen has denied that report. Its possible that she was under pressure to keep things under wraps, and said something she shouldn't have. Or its possible that it was all made up.

http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Aayla_Secura_Talks_Star_Wars_TV_Series_92427.asp

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Why would they care about the EU?

Why does anyone?

I think that they want to avoid riots.

And with Aalya Secura - big big big huge spoiler - do not read if you have a nervous disposition:

I read in the official StarWars magazine the plot summary of the film and:

Now that Palpatine has transformed into Darth Sidious, he begins to contact clone commanders on all battle fields to inmplement Order 66: kill all jedi.

skip a chunck of writing

Across the galaxy other jedi are not so lucky. Ki-Adi-Mundi is struck down on Mygeeto, Aalya Secura and Barris Offee meet their demise on Felucia

so i doubt that she will be in the series

just saw the movie and thinking about the live action show

who the heck is the show going to be based around. is it me or did every side character that could be a cool main character die (i want a jedi)?

my list of possible main characters are:

wedge antilles

senator organa (would hate this)

uncle owen (also would hate this)

general tarful

mon mothma (didn't see her, but she has an action figure)

or the villain route

a clone trooper

boba fett

tarkin

or the best possible choice there is

JAR JAR BABY (i liked him)

well mon mothma was cut from the cinematic version, but im sure she'll be der in the dvd.

i thought it would be about one of the remaining jedi since

there were still jedis at the outer rim, that was the whole reason y obi and yoda went back to the temple to change the distress signal .

One possible jedi is Quinlan Vos (from the Republic comics), he's now a canonized character since obi stated that "General Vos was drawing back troops", after the victory salecumi.

Still im pretty cut that Aayla ends up dying.. stupid amy allen lying to her fans

there were still jedis at the outer rim, that was the whole reason y obi and yoda went back to the temple to change the distress signal .

There were no Jedi at the outer rim alone. Palpatine was no fool, he made sure that there were no Jedi outside the temple unless they had a lot of clone "support". The reason they changed the signal, is on the chance that some Jedi had managed to survive the attack by the clones, like Obi-Wan and Mace did.

Still im pretty cut that Aayla ends up dying.. stupid amy allen lying to her fans

She denied the whole report. Most likely she didn't lie to her fans, more likely one of her fans made it up.

As far as who will be in it, weren't there rumors that it would be Lando?

that would be cool. i'd like a lando show. has his back story be established yet or has he always been a gambler?

also

i think that george lucas said that there are probably other jedi than obi-wan and yoda that survive. but i just thought about it. anakin brought balance to the force, only two sith and two jedi exist. so i think there aren't any jedi alive only untrained force-sensative people so as not to destroy my precious eu, its already barely held togther without creative thinking.

Originally posted by eastcoast2895

i think that george lucas said that there are probably other jedi than obi-wan and yoda that survive. but i just thought about it. anakin brought balance to the force, only two sith and two jedi exist. so i think there aren't any jedi alive only untrained force-sensative people so as not to destroy my precious eu, its already barely held togther without creative thinking.

I really don't think thats what is meant by 'balance'. I think it is more likely he brought balance by destroying both Dark Lords of the Sith. Regardless, Anakin could be responsible for there being only 2 Jedi, even if that happens after ROTS.

As far as destroying the EU, the EU seems to say that more then 2 Jedi survived ROTS, since they are making a book about the "clean up" of the remaining Jedi.

Archived