Home

Star Wars TV Series News [spoiler tags]

Windu Chi

Yeah, Palp knew that some jedi were out there. Not all Jedi had Clones on them, just the more experienced such as Obi-wan, Mace, Yoda guys like that. So thats why after Anakin becomes Darth and is put in the suit, they have a

crack down/mop up operation for the remaining jedi out there, the very very very few. But there are a few things in EU when old jedi from the Republic way back when come out of hiding and join the new order.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Ranre

Not all Jedi had Clones on them, just the more experienced such as Obi-wan, Mace, Yoda guys like that.

I highly doubt that. Palpatine is no fool. This is a long time in the making for him, and he is taking every precaution. He knows that the only way he can rule the galaxy is to destroy the Jedi, and he knows that he would have catch them off gaurd to pull this off before they can go into hiding. There is no way he would let Jedi go off on a mission without making sure he has a large number of clones there as well. He knows that he has to take the Jedi down in one fatal swoop. There are only three ways that Jedi could have avoided the first stages of the purge: 1) fought there way past the clones to safety, like Obi-Wan and Yoda did, 2) left the temple while Anakin and his clones were en route, or 3) been on some unofficial secret mission that Palpatine doesnt know about. The last one is very unlikely, and the second one is not very likely. If any Jedi survived, it is most likely from fighting their way past the clones that were supposed to kill him/her, then escaping before they could finish him/her off.

i gotta disagree shok

there were still hundreds of jedis, and its not impossible to think that there were a few that got away. I mean Palpy was smart, but following that many is extremely difficult, especially since the council believed that the chancellor didnt know the exact plans of the jedi.

Besides they wouldnt release books that contradicted the movies so clearly after the movie was made. That would be stupid, i mean these books arent even written yet, so u cant blame the authors for poor writing or nething, its the ppl at LA who have the say on what will eventually become a novel, and im sure that they would have a good idea of how rots is panning out.

Additionaly the entire scene where obi and yoda disrupt the fake distress call at the jedi council would be unnecessary if there weren't any jedi left

oh and lando had his own novel trilogy, "The Adventures of Lando Calrissian".. and some of his story is also revealed in the Han Solo books. This lando business has been argued before in this thread.

Reread the part I quoted. I wasn't doubting that there were more Jedi alive, I was doubting that there were Jedi outside of the temple without nearby clones to Sidious' knowledge when he gave Order 66. I even explained the possible ways that Jedi could have survived. I was just not agreeing that Sidious would have only the most experienced Jedi surrounded by clones.

I think it should be about Bail Organa.

He had a large part in the film and they have shown his home and wife.

They can also show Leia growing up. They can show how she becomes Princess, because I think that Bail Organa is only a senator in the film.

Originally posted by abespam

Still im pretty cut that Aayla ends up dying.. stupid amy allen lying to her fans

She didn't lie considering it was a fabrication by a fan. She has gone on to say she's never said such a thing.

Originally posted by eastcoast2895

anakin brought balance to the force, only two sith and two jedi exist.

No. He doesn't bring balance until Return of the Jedi when he kills Palpatine.

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

And Vader.

Yeah, but I figured that was a given. :p

Once Anakin resurfaced, he had killed Vader. Redeeming himself.

His love for Luke in those dying moments are what allowed him to become the force ghost. Luke had saved his life, and he had saved Lukes.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Yeah, but I figured that was a given. :p

Once Anakin resurfaced, he had killed Vader. Redeeming himself.

His love for Luke in those dying moments are what allowed him to become the force ghost. Luke had saved his life, and he had saved Lukes.

Yes, the balance of the force is an interesting discussion, but it can perhaps exist in another thread ?

please use this one for TV series stuff :)

I agree with Lynky - the formation of the rebel alliance has to be one of the central elements of the series

I beleive Quinlan Vos does die - it was cut from ROTS but there was a snippet of him in one of the trailer IIRC....

Im also assuming shaak ti's demise was cut from teh film ?? If not, her featuring in the series would be nice :)

mtfbwya

OK, back to the TV series... Im sure most of you already know, that like the prequels, the TV shows will be filmed at fox studios in sydney australia....

This report has been getting alot of buzz in the local press here

http://www.moviehole.net/news/5661.html

Basically, its about an aussie actor, Matthew Newton, who is toted to be in teh running for a role in the series. For those that dont recall his name, he actually was short listed to play anakin in the prequels, but the nod was of course given to Hayden :)

Because the prequels were filmed here it is always suprising the amount of aussie actors that could be spotted. In fact the actors in the last shot of ROTS(playing Owen & Beru) are well known aussie actors :p

maybe I should head up there and try get a role as a young kowakian monkey lizard :p

mtfbwya

• 2 months later...

http://www.theforce.net/swtv/story/Star_Wars_Television_Show_Pushed_Back_93911.asp

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/637/637545p1.html

umm, yeah so we aren't going to probably see the live action show till around 2008 because george lucas doesn't want to start work on it yet. so here's hoping the 3d show comes out soon since george lucas doesn't seem to be highly involved in it.

• 2 months later...

A TV series based on Luke growing up in a farm isn't exactly great material. A totally EU based series is nice but involve some of the characters from the movies! Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, Tarkin, Piett, Wedge Antilles, etc. I've been hearing that Vader will not be involved in the series, which I really hope is untrue. Good-guys being chased down by Vader and Vaders forces = good thing. There's bound to be an episode based on a character with a bounty on their head, would be cool to see guys like Jabba, Bossk and Fett be involved somehow too.

I'm salivating. :)

Well going by the whole fact that they said, "it's going to focus on new characters" kind of says it all.
So this automatically means there is going to be no reference at all in any way to characters from the movies? Like in absolutely any way? I think they would be able to do something with Luke growing up on the farm...

Archived