Home

Batch File help

biny

I made a batch file with all a few maps and tried starting a server. At first I just did the "find target" thing and it worked but the batch file wont work. and i dont think the "find target" works anymore.

If the answer to this is posted elsewhere, dont yell at me just because i dont read 3 pages of posts.

plz help i was having some actually fun. less lag too

edit: the "find target" server is working but i cant find it on the servers page to join it!!

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II Beta\GameData\BattlefrontIIEngBeta.exe" /nointro /win /norender /autonet dedicated /resolution 320 240 /nosound /gamename SuperServer /playerlimit 8 /playercount 0 /sideselect /bots 16 /difficulty 3 uta1c_con 200 200 tan1c_con 200 200 spa1g_ass 200 200

That is the batch file. It just doesnt load and the "find target" server doesnt appear, even though it says people are playing in it.

i mean i made shortcut and changed the "find target" in properties to a server command line. it loads the server box but i cant play it in the game itself. the batch file loads the box but it just stays black and its not on the server menu.

This is where i got the info from: McCusto posted this in "creating a (beta) server"

Step 1. Make a shortcut to the battlefrontII program file (BattlefrontIIEngBeta.exe) and place on your desktop.

Step 2. Rename this to "Server" so it's easy to remember

Step 3. Right click on the icon and replace the contents of "Target" with the text below:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II Beta\GameData\BattlefrontIIEngBeta.exe" /nointro /win /norender /autonet dedicated /resolution 320 240 /nosound /gamename myServer /playerlimit 8 /playercount 0 /bots 16 /difficulty 3 tan1g_con

This will get a 1 map (Tantive IV Galactic Conquest up and running. If you want to include more maps / options then you need to run a batch file instead (as the amount of characters you can fit in a shortcut is limited).

An example of a more interesting server:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II Beta\GameData\BattlefrontIIEngBeta.exe" /nointro /win /norender /autonet dedicated /resolution 320 240 /nosound /throttle 256 /gamename tiler /playerlimit 4 /playercount 0 /sideselect /bots 0 /difficulty 2 /password dad tan1c_con 200 200 uta1c_con 200 200 tan1g_con 200 200 uta1g_con 200 200"

is the batch file fine/right/proper commands and whatnot?

Archived