Home

Batch File Problems...

Xenodius

Hey, im moderately incompetent at batch files and stuff, but seriously, i cant figure this out, i even asked Dann and all he said was come here... anyway, when i run his SP batch file, it runs for about 1/4 second then shuts off. He said some people have that problem, wondering if anyone here can fix it? here is the file code im using:

"G:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II Beta\GameData\BattlefrontIIEngBeta.exe" /win /autonet listen /resolution 1280 1024 /gamename SinglePlayer /tps 30 /playerlimit 1 /playercount 1 /bots 16 /difficulty 1 /heroes 1 /hrunlock 4 /hrunlockvalue 1 /hrplayer 1 /hrteam 2 /hrrespawn 4 /hrrespawnvalue 1 /pregametime 5 /voicemode 2 /throttle 6144 /spawn 0 /netregion NA uta1c_con 250 250 tan1g_con 250 250 uta1g_con 250 250 tan1c_con 250 250 uta1c_con 250 250 spa1g_ass 200 200 tan1g_con 250 250 uta1g_con 250 250 tan1c_con 250 250 uta1c_con 250 250 tan1g_con 250 250 spa1g_ass 200 200 uta1g_con 250 250 tan1c_con 250 250 uta1c_con 250 250 uta1c_1flag 200 200 /sideselect novalue /noteamdamage

:-(

Is the address really where you have SWBF2 installed? Drive and everything correct?

Also, you can delete the "novalue" thing, just have it like this:

/sideselect

Nothing else needed. "novalue" is just a placeholder for, you guessed it, NO VALUE!

Also put the batch file into the same folder as the EXE file and run it there. If you want to run it on your desktop or something, create a SHORTCUT to the batch file, and put that shortcut wherever you want.

Oh... that makes things a little easier, didn't know it had to be in the same folder ^.^. I checked the file name, I know thats correct, its copied from my shortcut... but :ball: it still does the same thing! Opens and before the entire window is loaded, its gone... I can just barely see it load. Any ideas :-S

Alright, ill take that, I have another server designed to host anyway ^.^ Should work on that and even if it doesn't, i would like to ask.... what about SWBFIISM? (Star Wars Battlefront II Server Manager) at http://www.blackbagops.com? it says 0 downloads and has no link but i mean seriously it has FAQ and all... its confusing. I even tried doing it using IE instead of Firefox, to no avail. Ideas? And thankyou for all your help so far!

PS: Nothing is wrong with the HDD's themselves either, they are new.... (Im using two striped 160's, thats my G drive... Confuzzling.)

Edit: My bad, it IS official.

Battlefront™ 2 Server Manager

Black Bag Operations is proud to announce the next incarnation of our popular game server management tools.

Acclaimed developer Pandemic Studios has licensed BBO game server management tools for their upcoming Star Wars® Battlefront™ 2 game title for LucasArts® due for release on 1 November 2005.

That would explain why it isn't out yet. Probably only certain lucky people have access to it right now. No reason to make it really public until the real thing is out.

You do not have to have the batch file in the same folder as the game. Make the following changes to your batch files:

Line 1) [c]:\

-where c is the hard drive partition you installed the game under. This moves command.com's directory to the correct hard drive.

Line 2) cd "[games\betas\SWBF2]"

-where games\betas\SWBF2 is the path to the BattlefrontIIEngBeta.exe file.

Line 3) BattlefrontIIEngBeta.exe [/command1] [/command2...]

-where /command# is the command arguments you are using to set your server options

An example of a batch file (don't include the 'Line #') for Xenodius:

Line 1) G:\

Line 2) cd "Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II Beta\GameData\"

Line 3) BattlefrontIIEngBeta.exe /win /autonet listen /resolution 1280 1024 /gamename SinglePlayer /tps 30 /playerlimit 1 /playercount 1 /bots 16 /difficulty 1 /heroes 1 /hrunlock 4 /hrunlockvalue 1 /hrplayer 1 /hrteam 2 /hrrespawn 4 /hrrespawnvalue 1 /pregametime 5 /voicemode 2 /throttle 6144 /spawn 0 /netregion NA uta1c_con 250 250 tan1g_con 250 250 uta1g_con 250 250 tan1c_con 250 250 uta1c_con 250 250 spa1g_ass 200 200 tan1g_con 250 250 uta1g_con 250 250 tan1c_con 250 250 uta1c_con 250 250 tan1g_con 250 250 spa1g_ass 200 200 uta1g_con 250 250 tan1c_con 250 250 uta1c_con 250 250 uta1c_1flag 200 200 /sideselect /noteamdamage

(My server program will be out this upcoming Sunday.)

AWESOME! it workies! that fixed it zert.... xD *hosts server for friends* Thanks y'all! and again! and again!and again! and again!and again! and again!and again! and again!and again! and again!and again! and again!and again! and again!and again! and again!and again! and again!and again! and again!and again! and again!

XD!

~

Xeno

...again! and again!and again! and again!and again! and again!and again! and again!and again! and again!and again! and again!and again! and again!and again! and again!and again! and again!and again! and again!and again! and again!...

When you copy and paste something, make sure it doesn't have any errors in it (like a missing space [" "] ).

An no problem. Thats one reason the forums are here.

...but what does it mean? Can't find "Invulnerability" in the dictionary.

lol, Look up the root word 'vulnerable'. Seems people are starting to forgot how to use dictionaries...

Respawn Invulnerability is a setting. If turned on, a player has a few seconds where he cannot be hurt after respawning. This prevents (or at least tries to prevent) people from sitting in a vehicle near a CP, killing all the respawning units before they have a chance to fight back. It is normally a good idea to have this setting turned on and set to a time around 5 seconds.

yellowblood, I like your occupation. How much do you get paid and do you know of any openings in the New York area?

I'm having bathc file problems too. I made a thread but no-one has answered.

this is my batch file:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II Beta\GameData\BattlefrontIIEngBeta.exe" /nointro /win /norender /autonet dedicated /resolution 320 240 /nosound /gamename SuperServer /playerlimit 8 /playercount 0 /sideselect /bots 16 /difficulty 3 uta1c_con 200 200 tan1c_con 200 200 spa1g_ass 200 200

what happens is that the little box that comes up when u start a server comes up, but it just stays black, even after 5 minutes.

lol, Look up the root word 'vulnerable'. Seems people are starting to forgot how to use dictionaries...

Respawn Invulnerability is a setting. If turned on, a player has a few seconds where he cannot be hurt after respawning. This prevents (or at least tries to prevent) people from sitting in a vehicle near a CP, killing all the respawning units before they have a chance to fight back. It is normally a good idea to have this setting turned on and set to a time around 5 seconds.

Thanks, exellent explenation :p But if someone's near an enemy CP while this option is turned on, the enemy's player (who just spwaned) can kill him in those 5 sec, can't they?

yellowblood, I like your occupation. How much do you get paid and do you know of any openings in the New York area?

lol ^^

But if someone's near an enemy CP while this option is turned on, the enemy's player (who just spwaned) can kill him in those 5 sec, can't they?

The invulnerability goes away under two conditions:

1) The time limit runs out.

2) You fire a shot. As soon as you start attacking someone, you are vulnerable again.

Yes. ;)

The green "pulsing" indicates you're invulnerable. But once you attack, it's gone! Most FPS games have this, that's why it was so odd that SWBF didn't have it. I guess they wanted to encourage spawn camping (since it helps to capture control points that way) but on the other hand it's really frustrating. Having the respawn invulnerability at least gives the defenders half a chance...

wierd. did you try to check if you can join it? I mean, maybe it's working but there's a problem and you can't see it. Basiclly you'r sopposed to see some info text, black on white, and that's it.

I cant join it and it doesnt appear in the servers list ingame.

=-[ =-[ =-[

Try to remove the folder's path and locate the BAT file in the GAMEDATA directory.

You have nothing to lose.

You mean make the batch file and save it in Gamedata?

and when I passed the BAT back to his place it's all got fixed. wierd.

I dont understand.

Archived