Home

SWB II quitting?

Witness08

Sorry if I misplaced this post, I'm new at this. I played the Battlefront II beta for about 2 1/2 hours straight the first day I got it, but am having considerable problems since then. Mainly, every time I try to get in through Gamespy, it will load, go to the two hint screens, and then more-or-less right after that exit. Several times I've had the alternative of getting to the character choosing screen, only for it to take all of memory and lock up. I don't understand. I haven't changed any settings since the first day. Any clue to what the problem could be?

I've had problems like this too. In my case, another program (TeamSpeak2) was using my audio. SWBF2 couldn't handle sharing the audio with TeamSpeak, and decided to crash to the desktop when ever I tried to play a level. Make sure you don't have any other audio or video programs running. Close any running programs and try the Beta again.

I fixed my problem by using two sound cards (a PCI card and the one embedded in the motherboard). SWBF2 uses the PCI card, while TeamSpeak's mic input goes through the motherboard's sound.

Though for some reason, SWBF2 randomly swaps some sound setting causing me to move TeamSpeak's, and the mic, to the other sound card then randomly back again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived